PG Music Home
Posted By: dpasc Real Piano, Real Strings - 08/29/08 12:00 PM
If I had Real Piano (rythm (with arpeggio option) and solo) and Real Strings (synth may be) I might rarely need MIDI.

I'd also like a Real Electric Pedal Guitar that sounds like in the intro of Dolores O'Riordan's "Ordinary Day".
Posted By: WienSam Re: Real Piano, Real Strings - 08/30/08 01:25 AM
I second the RealPiano and RealStrings but I think they are already in the pipeline
Posted By: MartinB Re: Real Piano, Real Strings - 08/30/08 02:56 PM
There is the risk of overburdening BiaB with audio files. While this RT approach certainly adds realism to a variety of aspects of BiaB, I believe every effort should be made to restrict this audio load to such instruments that are darn difficult to simulate/emulate. These days there are magnificent VST instruments available making RT virtually obsolete for specific instruments such as -> piano and maybe -> strings.
Posted By: Jeanda Re: Real Piano, Real Strings - 09/01/08 05:22 PM
I agree absolutely with MartinB

There is a lot of good VSTi emulating pianos and strings. For me, Real Tracks missing are:
Brass Section
Electric Rock Rhytm Guitar ala Keith Richards - Creedence CR - Status Quo
Electric Rock Solo ala Clapton - Santana
Electric Bass ala Rolling Stones - E-Street Band

JeanDa
Swiss musician living in Spain
Posted By: Eric Anderson Re: Real Piano, Real Strings - 10/20/08 12:44 AM
mmm.. guys, I thinks VST-ing would consume more PC resources than reading a wma file from the disk.

Plus, all the RT work happens before the song ever starts playing.
Takes a bit to start, but that's better than doing the work during song play.
Posted By: Punk4Trev Re: Real Piano, Real Strings - 11/19/08 11:37 PM
They sound the best on an album
Posted By: NoKey Re: Real Piano, Real Strings - 11/22/08 08:17 PM
Quote:

mmm.. guys, I thinks VST-ing would consume more PC resources than reading a wma file from the disk.

Plus, all the RT work happens before the song ever starts playing.
Takes a bit to start, but that's better than doing the work during song play.

There's no reason whatsoever that VST instruments can not be part of the WMA, if we are talking about a finished song.

If we are talking about styles, then they will necessarily be limited to what is prerecorded.

I believe as said in not overdoing things, though. Otherwise we might as well use Audio Karaoke for everything.
© PG Music Forums