PG Music Home
Funky drumgrooves with less hard snare hits would be usefull to choose from. Nothing wrong with existing grooves, the playing is exelent, but for some tunes it would be nice with more smooth funky opportunites to choose from. Like in the style of "drumgrooves #1" style in jazz and bossa style.
Rene, thinking more about this, there is a way to alter the parameters of individual sounds in RealDrums. I haven't done this in many years, but it's there.

You need to find the appropriate .TXT file in the /Drums folder for the style you want to alter. Then take a look at Help, RealDrums - Make RealDrums Styles. This shows that you can alter the volume by changing from the default value of 90. Here are a few entries from one of the Funky groove drum .TXT files:

Shot{snare and bass},0,130,99,196,1,90
;Shot{hi-hat and snare drum splash},1,130,295,297,1,90
Shot{hi-hat and snare drum splash},0,130,295,297,1,90
Shot{crash cymbal and bass drum},1,131,114,473,1,70
;Shot{crash cymbal and bass drum},0,131,114,473,1,70
;Shot{toms with bass drum},1,132,108,374,1,90
Shot{toms with bass drum},0,132,108,374,1,90

Lines that start with a semicolon ; are comments. Many lines appear doubled because the commented line is the original setting, there for reference in case you decide to alter it.

Notice the last number on each line; 90 is 'normal' volume, and 70 in this case is softer.

Give this a try. And if you do get what you want, make a backup of your .TXT file in case it gets overwritten by an update.
Thanks Matt, good to know. i will check if i can do that.
Not tryed that yet. But thinking that it would be nice with att simplyer way to do that, like a window for Realdrums in the Opt. > Preferences > Set Drum Volumes > "realdrums", like a mixer., with possibilty for reset standard in case of the mixing goes wrong.

Maybe it´s to much to ask for as a wish for a mixer for realdrums. I do not know much about the programming, but i think it´s a big and complex work for programers. However i will try to follow yor tip later on, and se what i can do.
© PG Music Forums