PG Music Home
Posted By: camog 2000 New Styles - 05/27/20 03:25 AM
BB is now so advanced and fully featured, there's enough to get our heads around - in 2021 we could have a break from 'new versions'??

Instead - how about a really BIG effort on 2000 delicious new styles, some very simple and some complex! But all with great 'feel' and inspiration built in - would be a great bonus for all singers and instrumentalists!!!

Thank you for a great product - best regards to all at PGM! Carl
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: 2000 New Styles - 02/06/21 11:35 PM
Tho I don't see this really happening, I still give it a huge thumbs up!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2000 New Styles - 02/08/21 03:02 PM
Sure, always welcome.

[Styles can be totally new, like a new genre, or as in the Xtra style series, new combinations of existing tracks.]
Posted By: J. Larry Re: 2000 New Styles - 02/08/21 03:20 PM
I’ve upgraded yearly, mainly to get the real styles. So, I’d agree with any effort that produces new, creative, head-turning styles, if that’s possible within the current structure of BIAB.
Posted By: ThorstenV Re: 2000 New Styles - 08/15/21 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: camog
BB is now so advanced and fully featured, there's enough to get our heads around - in 2021 we could have a break from 'new versions'??

Instead - how about a really BIG effort on 2000 delicious new styles, some very simple and some complex! But all with great 'feel' and inspiration built in - would be a great bonus for all singers and instrumentalists!!!

Even though I'd love to see many, many new styles (in particular I do miss all kind of, let's say, European music styles or more of these, respectively), I can't regard B.i.a.b. "fully featured". Yes, I concur with what you said about B.i.a.b.: It is a great product, and I love it; it saves me as a songwriter/arranger/producer so much time, supports me with fantastic and sometimes surprising ideas to arrange a song I wouldn't have thought of without, hence broadens my musical horizon immensely or that as an arranger, to be precise (because we're all, to some extend, stuck to certain musical boundaries; "arrange-wise", I mean) and so on - and for all that, I just love it. And yet it is, at least for me, far from being ideal. Ther're actually quite a lot of things that could or should be improved; every now and then there's even some stupid little thing driving me mad...

So, I think the idea is not bad, but it's still too early for something like that. smile
Posted By: Icelander Re: 2000 New Styles - 09/26/21 05:24 AM
As long as they would still keep the "make thing things you've added actually WORK properly" within their focus, I wouldn't mind the odd year without any "great new feature, yayh!" at all in favour of more focus on the artistry. Like at least one of the comments above has said, it's not my primary reason for updating. I mean, if they'd loosen up the strict ties between the program and the ADD-ONs that the RTs are, and let go of the 'must-have-the-latest-version' strategy (their biggest marketing mistake imo), I'd still be coming back every year - for the RTs!
Posted By: MarioD Re: 2000 New Styles - 09/26/21 11:10 AM
+1 for both RTs and MIDI.
© PG Music Forums