PG Music Home
I'm not crazy, but I do mixing and mastering in BiaB without a DAW.

Why? Because with 2023 new features of "Partial Regeneration", "Volume Automation", and "Playable RealTracks", BiaB can do anything.

The utmost benefit is, I can gen/regen whenever I want, without rendering audio files then jump back and force between BiaB and DAW.

I can even insert drum VSTs into BiaB's mixer, then drag in drum MIDIs, make BiaB invincible.

BiaB's only weakness is, the Mixer doesn't allow me to insert plugins into its master channel, so I can't insert a limiter to master and limit the whole song to -1 dB.

If BiaB could allow that in the future, I would elect BiaB as the President of my United DAWs.
<< ... insert a limiter to master and limit the whole song to -1 dB. >>

I like your mixing approach and this may be all you need to load a limiter across the Master Track.

Attached picture Untitled.gif
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

and this may be all you need to load a limiter across the Master Track...

Fogle, that is really some smart stuff in your picture!

How did you do it? You noticed in your red circle #2, there is a Master (channel) on the top, and a Master (meter) on the bottom. In my BiaB, I can only see the bottom meter, but can't find the top channel?

Did I miss something here?

PS: I have screenshots but don't know how to upload it. The forum only gives me the option of sharing pictures with url links. Sigh.
For pics, don't use Quick Reply, but rather click the Reply button, then the File Manager option shows up lower in the screen, allowing you to upload a (small) image ..
OK. What's going on here?

Attached File
Picture is too large. Find a better way to do the screen captue so you still can get a high res but smaller size picture.

Then push the "eye" icon at the bottom right of the mixer and select "master" to show it in the listing which is what you are looking for.

See here:

Attached picture a master track9.jpg
Thanks everyone for your input. So, what is the size limit in this forum for an image to be properly displayed? 100KB? 200KB? 500KB?
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain
Thanks everyone for your input. So, what is the size limit in this forum for an image to be properly displayed? 100KB? 200KB? 500KB?
That I'm aware of the size of an individual image is not documented. The screen shot below is all we have to go by.

Description: "File Manager" link restrictions
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
That I'm aware of the size of an individual image is not documented.

It’s a configurable setting available to a UBB.threads admin with access to the UBB Control Panel. I don’t know if its value for this forum is published.

====

https://ubbwiki.com/wiki/view/91/attachments.html

Settings for image uploads

• Navigate to "Display Options" -> "General" in the UBB Control Panel.
• Select the Topic Display Options Section to expand it.
• Add a value for "Max Size" for "inline uploaded images".

If an image is attached to a post, if it is smaller than the specified size (in bytes), it will be displayed in the post. This value is entered in bytes so for a 1 MB file you would enter 1048576; if the file is larger than what is entered it will display as a link.
So, what is the size limit in this forum for an image to be properly displayed? 100KB? 200KB? 500KB?

Not sure on the file size but on pixel size, usually anything around 1000x1000 pixels or less seems to work. There's a whole conversation on this over on the Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) forum here:

Posting Images
© PG Music Forums