PG Music Home
Anyone else have this problem? If I load BIAB first, it runs fine. But I cannot load a second audio program and my main audio for the OS and stuff like youtube stops working. I have seen an error that references audiodg.exe, but I don't see that program in task manager. Any help appreciated, if you can point me to a site that addresses it, that would be great.
Bob,

It sounds like you are running BIAB with the ASIO drive. Try changing to MME and see if that makes a difference. I know that Scarlett 6i6 might need ASIO but, for the moment, see what happens when you set BIAB to MME.

Select "Audio" from the very top menu group and then choose "Audio driver setting".

Regards,
Noel

The upper Scarlett series can use MME.

Are you referring to the Windows 10 Creators Update? I've been reading advice that it's not ready, audio wise, and we should not do it yet.
Thanks, Noel, that seems to have done the trick for BIAB. I still have other stuff that is acting up, but that's a good step in the right direction.

Yes, Matt, the creator's update. Wish I had known. Does that mean I can expect an update in the future that will fix things? Where did you hear not to install it? I need to get in that loop.
You can uninstall an update. Click on search windows and type update, and click on view installed updates. You can right click on on that update to uninstall it. It is best to make an image backup prior to updating windows.

Good luck.
Originally Posted By: BeelzeBob
Yes, Matt, the creator's update. Wish I had known. Does that mean I can expect an update in the future that will fix things? Where did you hear not to install it? I need to get in that loop.
The SONAR Users Forum. Cakewalk (makers of SONAR) are among the companies 'partnering' with Microsoft and often have tech advice ahead of the general knowledge. For example, another recent piece of advice is that "Your DAW is not a game" and you should NOT let Windows configure it as one (some new setting, apparently).

It is my understanding Microsoft realized that the Creators Update is causing problems and they have suspended the rollout.

Thanks everyone for good advice. I really let my guard down with MS and paid the price. Not sure yet which option to choose. I really should get a music dedicated pc with super quiet fans and no internet connection, that would be best.
I used to believe that and followed it, but I don't anymore. The second you connect to the internet to do an update, or plug in a flash drive with an update you downloaded from another online computer, you can be zapped by malware. I prefer to have my PC patched up-to-date at all times.
Same with me Matt. I have a recording laptop and PC both running up-to-date on MS updates pre-Creator.

I have been prompted a couple of times on the laptop now to upgrade to it but postponing it just a little longer to allow more kinks to be worked out. I will probably upgrade the laptop first as I do most music stuff on the PC.
Very interesting, Matt. My thinking on this a while back was that I simply would not do updates on a system where everything is working fine, and with any new software, I would install from a CD/DVD. But everything is going to electronic delivery these days. And avoiding all updates is not realistic, I'm sure.

BTW I uninstalled the update with no problem. The only hitch I had was that Chrome would not run, but all I needed to do was reinstall the latest version. The Creators update took a long time to install, so I was a little worried, but no problem on the uninstall which only took about 15 minutes or so.
© PG Music Forums