PG Music Home
Hallo,
I hope someone can help me with this.
I own the 2019 Audiophile version of Band-in-a-Box.
(MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019 32gb Ram 1TB SSD)
I installed the complete program minus the .AIFF files on my laptop internal HD as advised by the 3rd option on the Installation section of the manual so I’m basically using the program at .M4A quality but with the advantage of not having to bring the external HD with me. This is great for putting down ideas on the go as I’m using headphones or even the Laptop speakers so I don’t need the .AIFF quality.
MY QUESTION IS: What shall I do when a Song is finished and I need to render each individual instrument to audio so that I can import them into my DAW (for editing and mixdown) but this time, of course, with.AIFF quality?
Obviously I don’t want to uncompress the .M4a but have BNB render directly from the original .AIFF files for more quality.
That is indeed why I bought the Audiophile version.
I came up with a couple of possibilities but I’m not sure it’s going to work.
1)Shall I (just before rendering) manually chose a custom folder for both real tracks and real drums and point to the external drive where the .AIFF files are and then reload the song? I guess BNB at this point will reload the song picking the .AIFF files ...
2)Shall I run (just before rendering) BNB directly from the original HD and reload the song?
What is the most practical way to do it?
Is there a better way?
What I fear is that, once I installed BNB in the internal HD with only the .M4a .. the program will then always use the M4a to render.
How can I make sure that BNB is actually using the original .AIFF files when rendering to audio?
I hope this was clear: I basically need to know what’s the best way to have BNB use the original uncompressed.AIFF files (stored on the original HD or elsewhere) ONLY when it’s time to render, after having worked at a song with the .M4A installed on my internal HD. Of course I understand that this means making available the .AIFF files to BNB by connecting a HD that contains them but what I am not sure of is how to tell BNB to go and use the .AIFF files after having programmed the song using the internally stored .M4A.
Thank you so much!!!
Hello,

Quote:
1)Shall I (just before rendering) manually chose a custom folder for both real tracks and real drums and point to the external drive where the .AIFF files are and then reload the song? I guess BNB at this point will reload the song picking the .AIFF files ...
2)Shall I run (just before rendering) BNB directly from the original HD and reload the song?

Either of these options will work just fine. Band-in-a-Box will use the .AIFF files.
Hello Andrew,

Thank you very much!

Stefano
Stefano, you might enjoy a read of the article I wrote about the difference between audiophile and regular versions. Specifically it discusses how and when BIAB uses the uncompressed files.

It's for Windows, but the concepts apply to Mac (I also have a Mac with the regular BIAB version). The article is a few years old, but still applicable.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=378939#Post378939
© PG Music Forums