PG Music Home
Posted By: edshaw Claire and Dad -- You've Got a Friend in Me - 07/12/17 10:23 AM
15 million views since January.

https://youtu.be/ukD8zj6ngVY
I really enjoyed this video from the first time I saw it.

A side note: There is a very good bootleg version of this video song that has been doctored with Band in a Box backing tracks added, making it sound like a full fledged sounding demo...... recorded in a big old recording studio......

I know this because I did it ....

(for my personal enjoyment only of course ) ;=)

Charlie
Way to go, Charlie! With 9M views and so many
Ellen appearances, I had suspected
I wasn't the first to have heard it.
Is it possible to hear what you have done with it?
(Notable is Claire's handling of the arrangement.)
C'mon edshaw - you can't tease us by just saying you made the song! We'd all love to hear it smile
No, Deryk, Charlie Fogle wrote he had
made a version of this. Yeah, I too would
like to hear it. Whaddayasay, Charlie?
Hi Deryk and Edshaw. I appreciate your interest in my production of Claire and Dad's -"You've got a friend in me".

I added BIAB RealTracks 2452 strings, 2715 nylon guitar and 1845 bass to their arrangement after processing their YouTube audio through the ACW for the chord progression, key and Tempo. I processed the YouTube audio through a hardware sonic maximizer to restore some of the lost harmonics from the YouTube compression and then used the stock BIAB reverb across the track.

I've never prepared my version of their song to be published anywhere. I didn't make a YouTube video or a Master Copy in any way. I don't have any type of permission from them to publish a copy of their work and due to Claire's age,popularity and her celebrity, I'm hesitant and prefer not to risk any kickback to publishing my project. Because of her age and celebrity, I'm sure her dad is sensitive to protecting their work and likely resistant to modified versions circulating.

Charlie
<< (Notable is Claire's handling of the arrangement.) >>

Claire's dad is quite adept at following Claire's timing. There's a big variance in places that required using the F5 button in song settings bringing the backing instruments in/out to compensate for timing issues. Dad's thumping the guitar for timing was not consistent either and prevented using drums, piano and strumming guitars for the song.
I had figured the issue was intellectual property, Charlie, but
plainly, you have given it right thought.
Guess we just leave it as one of those video moments
that worked out & enjoy it. (Thx)
© PG Music Forums