PG Music Home
I have a newer computer, MacPro OS 10.8.5 and I had to upgrade my BIAB from Version 12 to the 2013 iteration. The problem is that I have not found a way to transfer my styles that are imbedded in the old program into the new program. The disks won't work. They were made for the power PC chip rather than the Intel xenon chip. Does anyone know a way to transfer these files onto a disk and transport them to the new program?
Are these custom styles, ones you wrote or modified?

I think that given the length of time that has elapsed, plus a change in platform and OS, you are going to need help directly from PG Music Support on this one. Good luck!
As I recall, those old macs could read write PC formatted disks. If you have some, try it out. Maybe just the 720K floppies. And only certain floppy drives on the Mac could do it.

Failing that, does it have Internet, USB, or a CD burner ? Any of those could work.
Thanks for your help. The problem is the OS. The new macs just won't read any of the disks. So, I decided to buy the new Ultra Pak with all the styles. Theoretically, this will solve the problem. Now I'm having an issue with permissions. When I try to open the styles from the new program.
Jim
Can you advise on what messages you are receiving? Warnings, Alerts, Errors etc, and what actions you are taking when this occurs?
© PG Music Forums