PG Music Home
I'm wondering if BIAB can design a function to quickly and automatically generate 251 for the target chord?

For example, C - F, my target is F, then in front of F, I can quickly generate Gm C7. This saves time. Some people will definitely say that they all know this. What I emphasize here is to save time as much as possible. Because time is the most precious. The key is that I think it is not difficult for BIAB to join this function.

In addition, in addition to adding the 251 automatic generation function, you can also add some target chord transition chord suggestion functions. What do you think?
I think that such a feature would add innecesary complexity to an already overbloated GUI.
Originally Posted by Cerio
I think that such a feature would add innecesary complexity to an already overbloated GUI.

I think these content features are actually behind BIAB. There's just no more convenient way to show it. With a little refinement of chord construction and chord suggestions, BIAB can do just that.
There's already a very simple and effective tool for doing this. It's called the Circle of Fifths"
Look to the end-point, step two cells clockwise and that's your Two. I guess you can figure out when to use the minor and the V7.

Circle of Fifths - Wikipedia

It's an amazingly useful tool for all sorts of things in music. It also shows 4-5-1 progression, 6-2-5-1 as well as things as far removed as tritone substitutions (the cell diametrically opposite to the normal chord).

Edit: In English and I presume in other languages that use or have similar letter naming of notes, we commonly use a mnemonic to remember the sequence of division in the circle. I wonder if something similar is feasible in your language.
If you understand a little about what you are seeing, all the info is already there.

One tool is the Window, Chord Builder function. This allows you to analyze the chord options.

A second tool, that I use more often, is Edit, Chord Options, Chord Substitution button. Highlight a range of chords and BIAB can suggest enhanced progressions. It's a very powerful tool. It should certainly pop in some 2-5-1 suggestions.

I think that people with no knowledge of music theory are probably going to be baffled by these two tools, but that's OK with me.
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
Circle of Fifths - Wikipedia

It's an amazingly useful tool for all sorts of things in music. It also shows 4-5-1 progression, 6-2-5-1 as well as things as far removed as tritone substitutions (the cell diametrically opposite to the normal chord).

Edit: In English and I presume in other languages that use or have similar letter naming of notes, we commonly use a mnemonic to remember the sequence of division in the circle. I wonder if something similar is feasible in your language.

Wikipedia. I can't open it. (Wikipedia is not allowed in my country)

But this knowledge, I know.

I just want to be more convenient, so that the BIAB itself can be displayed quickly, which will save time.
Originally Posted by swingbabymix
... I just want to be more convenient, so that the BIAB itself can be displayed quickly, which will save time.
I have no idea what that means. Did you try the two tools I mentioned?
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Did you try the two tools I mentioned?

Good chord advice. However, functionality also needs to be perfected.

The biggest problem is that the chord suggestion dialog is not a floating window.
The biggest problem is that the chord suggestion dialog is not a floating window.
Oh, how I just wish that was the biggest problem...
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Oh, how I just wish that was the biggest problem...

Same here!
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Did you try the two tools I mentioned?

Sure, a floating window might be nice but what would really help is if you could describe how these two existing tools should be improved. If the advice is good, how can the functionality be improved for you?
1. There are options. You can choose a chord before 251. You can select a chord and a temporary chord in between.

2. Change it to a floating window. This allows you to test the chord progression with shift-enter right away.

251, in particular, is used too often in chords, and this feature should be enhanced. Of course, I can do the math myself. The reason why I say this, I think BIAB should be more convenient to do.
© PG Music Forums