PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Track Labels - 03/11/24 02:58 PM
This has been a pet peeve of mine for a number of years now so I thought I would bring it up again. When working in BiaB the track labels may be something like harp, guitar 1, guitar 2, vibes, etc, but when I drag and drop them into my DAW the track labels return to their original names, i.e. bass, guitar, strings, etc. I would like to have the BiaB track labels transfer to the DAW.

Note I work on the MIDI side of BiaB.
Posted By: jpettit Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 06:52 PM
It has been a long conversation I have had with them over the last few years and in general the BIAB developers have ignored the request. I have shown them examples of file names that are 120 characters long. 90% of it is superfluous to the DAW.

The plugin (Adar) has embraced the request several years ago and transfers the short name or actual name of the label track with an RT #
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 07:40 PM
A very reasonable expectation.

+1
Posted By: musocity Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by jpettit
It has been a long conversation I have had with them over the last few years and in general the BIAB developers have ignored the request. I have shown them examples of file names that are 120 characters long. 90% of it is superfluous to the DAW.

The plugin (Adar) has embraced the request several years ago and transfers the short name or actual name of the label track with an RT #
+1 again and again
maybe if they create a folder for current Biab session in Drag n Drop folder this will allow for simple names same as SavedTracks does for the BBPlugin as at the moment the names are way to long and complexed.
Classic Rock 'n Roll RealTracks Demo BBPiano_Real 1563 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm BritBluesInvasionJohn Ev 120_SingleRender_DragDrop_1.wav
1563 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm BritBluesInvasionJohn Ev 120.wav
Posted By: shlind Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 08:30 PM
+1
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 09:07 PM
Mario, here is my response:

ThishasbeenapetpeeveofmineforanumberofyearsnowsoIthoughtIwouldbringitupagainWhenworkinginBiaBthetracklabelsmaybesomethinglikeharpguitarguitarvibesetcbutwhenIdraganddropthemintomyDAWthetracklabelsreturntotheiroriginalnamesiebassguitarstringsetcIwouldliketohavetheBiaBtracklabelstransfertotheDAWIagree+1
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 10:33 PM
+1
Posted By: MarioD Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Mario, here is my response:

ThishasbeenapetpeeveofmineforanumberofyearsnowsoIthoughtIwouldbringitupagainWhenworkinginBiaBthetracklabelsmaybesomethinglikeharpguitarguitarvibesetcbutwhenIdraganddropthemintomyDAWthetracklabelsreturntotheiroriginalnamesiebassguitarstringsetcIwouldliketohavetheBiaBtracklabelstransfertotheDAWIagree+1

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 11:24 PM
Good response, Matt. Pretty close to the mark.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Track Labels - 03/11/24 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
Good response, Matt. Pretty close to the mark.
I like to be concise grin
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Track Labels - 03/12/24 12:37 AM
BIG +1

I asked for similar here:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=609570&Searchpage=1&Main=84982&Words=names&Search=true#Post609570
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Track Labels - 03/12/24 12:52 AM
I seem to recall that Jeff Pettit created a video demonstration of this annoying problem.
Posted By: jpettit Re: Track Labels - 03/12/24 05:57 PM
Yes, I did, but I do not have the to find it today.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Track Labels - 03/13/24 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
I seem to recall that Jeff Pettit created a video demonstration of this annoying problem.

I found it. It's the first item on this video:

Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Track Labels - 03/13/24 02:09 AM
+1

Save manual entry in the Daw.
© PG Music Forums