PG Music Home
If I create a lead sheet with the new section of the song (bridge, etc) beginning in the middle of the staff on the page, but want it to appear starting/beginning on the left for simpler, easier to read visual order for the musician, I have to add blank measures, and then blank them out by hand with a marker to make the new section start at the beginning of the next staff. Why can't their be an option to allow the lead sheet to appear like the original chord sheet/page where, when starting a new section, measures remaining on the staff line are greyed out so the new section can start on the left?

Sometimes though, I have trouble getting this to happen on the original chord page. When a new section starts in the middle of the page, it's supposed to move the new section to the beginning of the next staff and blank out the remaining measures on the staff line above, but doesn't always do this. Sometimes it will start out looking as it's supposed to, and I add/do something, and suddenly it changes and the sections move back to the middle (not far left) of the staff above. I'm not sure exactly why that works sometimes and not others, or what I do to not cause/allow that to happen. Something to do with adding rests?
Hi lrd,

Have you tried this?

1. Open the Lead Sheet window.

2. Click on the [Opt.] button (not the menu, but the button in the Lead Sheet window)

3. Click on [Notation Options...]

4. Choose "part marker" for "New Line each"

As for the chord page, what version and build of Band-in-a-Box do you have? Click on Help | About Band-in-a-Box to find out.
© PG Music Forums