PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander Add an "auto-save after x minutes" option - 10/15/14 03:08 PM
This one is such a no brainer I don't think I even need to come up with a case sample.
+1 until then you can use something like: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/Saver.shtml
That thing is for Windows, but ta for the +1 at least smile
Posted By: soolan Re: Add an "auto-save after x minutes" option - 10/15/14 07:54 PM
Gentlemen, I have to disagree on the Auto Save.
There are times I'm experimenting AND I don't want it to overwrite the original.

Even if saves as xxxx_1, now I have to find them and delete them all OR I have to go thru the renaming process (del the orig and rename xxxx_1 to the orig.)

I'm really glad it doesn't Auto Save.

Have a good day.
Cheers
An Option to auto save as a backup so you still have the original.
There are Mac versions of Autosave.
Originally Posted By: soolan
Gentlemen, I have to disagree on the Auto Save.
There are times I'm experimenting AND I don't want it to overwrite the original.

Even if saves as xxxx_1, now I have to find them and delete them all....

Point one: Easily addressed by a designated Backup folder.
Point two: There was that all-important word option in my initial suggestion, which seemingly you must've missed, for some reason.
Posted By: Cerio Re: Add an "auto-save after x minutes" option - 10/17/14 09:36 PM
+1
Autosave Option is a good idea

+1
Posted By: MarioD Re: Add an "auto-save after x minutes" option - 10/18/14 03:30 PM
+1 If they use a system similar to Cakewalk's. That is call the autosave as autosave of "songtitle". That way your original song file is not overwritten.
Very smart idea of Cakewalk. Thank you, Mario
+1
+1

Lots of options needed for best performance, including a choice of elapsed time or number of changes, and always the ability to revert. Like Mario, I think SONAR does this well. Photoshop is another good model, with the ability to back out of changes one by one, or go directly back to the last regular save.
© PG Music Forums