PG Music Home
Posted By: davehorne half diminished 7th chord notation - 12/09/14 06:24 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems the only way to notate a half diminished 7th chord is the following ... Cm7b5.

It would take less screen real estate if we could just see, Cø or Cø7. For me, if I see ø that implies a half diminished 7th chord since that is the symbol for a half diminished 7th chord.

It would also be great to see C°7 for C diminished 7th instead of Cdim. When you have four chords per measure all of those extra characters take up valuable screen real estate.

If this possibility already exists, please tell me how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance, Dave Horne
Posted By: raymb1 Re: half diminished 7th chord notation - 12/10/14 05:59 PM
I already get the C half dim 7th chord by entering Ch On my screen, (Jazz Font), it's seen Cø7 Ray

P.S. You can find all the BIAB chords listed under Help-Index-Chord List.
Posted By: davehorne Re: half diminished 7th chord notation - 12/10/14 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: raymb1
I already get the C half dim 7th chord by entering Ch On my screen, (Jazz Font), it's seen Cø7 Ray

P.S. You can find all the BIAB chords listed under Help-Index-Chord List.

I just found Display Options under Opt. \ Preferences ... I clicked on Jazz Symbols ... issue solved.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: half diminished 7th chord notation - 12/13/14 05:18 PM
Many of the BIAB functions can be found in different places. Prefs has it's own icon or it's also under Opt. Many of the icons have key-strokes to activate them, i.e., F3 to open files, F2 to save file, ctrl t to have the chord chart full screen, etc. A list of the keystrokes is in the help menu. Later, Ray
© PG Music Forums