PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle BiaB Practice Window - Replace PT with RB - 12/19/15 10:31 PM
The Band-in-a-Box practice window (Options > Preferences... > Practice button) has a button shortcut to start up Powertracks. If a user does not have Powertracks, pressing the button opens the dialog "Powertracks is not found at location C:\pt\ptw.exe. Would you like to find the file ptw.exe?"

PG Music, in the Windows edition please change the button label in the practice screen from "Powertracks" to "RealBand".

It would be extra nice if the first time the button is used a browse feature would let a user browse to the RealBand.exe file then lock the file position to the button.
+1
Great idea. Windows users will have RealBand, but not necessarily PT.
That's a good catch, Jim.

I'm sure PG Music will need to think this one through. A user might decide to install RealBand to another drive, so a hard coded path may not work. Determining the path then "locking" during installation is a good idea.

I also believe PowerTracks is still a viable product owned by some. If I recall correctly, there was one harmonizing function that PowerTracks does that RealBand does not have; otherwise I think they are the same, but they are not identical. Disclaimer: I don't use either (learned SONAR before they were available) so I can't comment intelligently on any other differences.
2023 and not fixed. Bump

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Good point.
2024 and still not fixed.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
© PG Music Forums