PG Music Home
Posted By: kerkenat Hide unwanted buttons - 05/01/16 07:43 AM
I would like to see a feature where you can do a keystroke and instantly hide/unhide a pre-defined set of unwanted/unused/unneeded toolbar buttons and interface components.

Control T hides everything except the chordsheet/notation window, but maybe it could be taken a step further and have a dialog where you choose which buttons/toolbars/sections/etc that you want to instantly hide/unhide. That would really make the interface personalizable, while still being able to instantly get back to the full default display.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Hide unwanted buttons - 05/01/16 11:49 AM
Originally Posted By: kerkenat
I would like to see a feature where you can do a keystroke and instantly hide/unhide a pre-defined set of unwanted/unused/unneeded toolbar buttons and interface components.

Control T hides everything except the chordsheet/notation window, but maybe it could be taken a step further and have a dialog where you choose which buttons/toolbars/sections/etc that you want to instantly hide/unhide. That would really make the interface personalizable, while still being able to instantly get back to the full default display.

There is still slim hope that something like this comes along

It's had enormous support from the users, and a few brief comments from the developers.
Watch the video. If you like it, give it a thumbs up on this page.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Hide unwanted buttons - 05/01/16 11:50 AM
A few years ago we had that feature in BIAB. Don't know why they ever got rid of it.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Hide unwanted buttons - 05/01/16 01:10 PM
As I recall, Ray, it was a consequence of going to the new GUI. PG Music said at the time that further improvements were planned. I hope we can get back to that effort. VideoTrack's suggestions are amazing. I see you commented a year ago about the unwanted icons, in the thread VideoTrack linked to here.
Posted By: Cerio Re: Hide unwanted buttons - 05/01/16 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

It's had enormous support from the users, and a few brief comments from the developers.

GREAT suggestions and ideas!!!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Hide unwanted buttons - 05/01/16 05:01 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Really nice work on the concept video. Did PG ever respond or acknowledge this?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Hide unwanted buttons - 05/02/16 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

Really nice work on the concept video. Did PG ever respond or acknowledge this?

Thanks JJJ

PG did respond initially. I've contacted them several times since, but unfortunately there has been no reply.

Maybe I accidentally stepped on someone's toes(?) If so, this was definitely not intentional. Like many other users, I also really want to see great improvements in the User Interface, hence the effort I already went to.

Thanks for the continued support from everyone.

Trevor
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Hide unwanted buttons - 09/27/16 02:24 AM
Thanks
© PG Music Forums