PG Music Home
In BiaB 2009 we are able to assign RealTracks for each instrument. This way one can compose his own style instrument by instrument. In some situations RealTracks needed or wanted are not (yet) available. It would be great to be able to assign a MIDI track to that instrument.
I had to read this twice before I understood what you meant, Mike. NOI

Plus 1
In the Real Track selection dialog, there is a checkbox just above the listing of individual Real Tracks that says "Disable Real Tracks for this track [Force this track to MIDI]."

Is that what you are looking for?
Citaat:

In the Real Track selection dialog, there is a checkbox just above the listing of individual Real Tracks that says "Disable Real Tracks for this track [Force this track to MIDI]."

Is that what you are looking for?

Almost. I would like to be able to choose a midistyle for that particular track (instrument) in the same way we can assign a RealTracks. Not by changing the style for the whole song.
Posted By: Mac Re: Assign RealTrack OR MIDI for each instrument - 08/09/09 03:25 PM
Hi Mike,

I have been doing that by using the Hybrid Style Wizard to mix together MIDI style parts from other Style Files.

Create a new style that has the parts you want to play and invoke that style in the target song.

Sometimes I have to go back to the Hybrid Style Wizard and redo, saving under a new name, in order to add a track or subtract or change one.

While this is not a single button command, it does work well, provided the parts chosen "fit" what I want to do.

I know what you are asking for here, but I don't know whether or not it is reasonably possible for the development team to implement, thinking about the sheer number of MIDI styles already existent and extrapolating how many separate tracks that would make it would be a HUGE list of possible parts/tracks.

--Mac
I usually simply export the midi-file, giving it the name of the instrument I need. Then import everything in Cubase where I single out all the parts I want, throwing away everything else.
It works.........................sort of.
© PG Music Forums