PG Music Home
Posted By: Sergino Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/16/09 10:12 AM
I don't know if it was said before.
I wish to have the choice of bars per line not fixed at 4.
When the notes are a lot, they are printed almost as clusters.
Posted By: MartinB Re: Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/17/09 12:39 AM
The standard notation window has options to change the # of bars per screen and the lead sheet window provides means for flexible display and score printing.
Posted By: Sergino Re: Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/17/09 12:45 PM
Shure I'm missing it because I only see "Staves per page" but the bar number per line remains the same.
Could you please help?
Grazie!
Posted By: MartinB Re: Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/17/09 02:56 PM
Manual Chapter 7: Notation and Printing, p. 204 -> Fakesheet bars/line.
Posted By: Sergino Re: Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/17/09 08:42 PM
maybe the problem is that I have version 9 and 10 of the manual
and since then I have bought the down-loadable versions of Biab and I have no updated manuals?
Where can I find one?
Posted By: Mac Re: Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/17/09 09:24 PM
Quote:

maybe the problem is that I have version 9 and 10 of the manual
and since then I have bought the down-loadable versions of Biab and I have no updated manuals?
Where can I find one?

A: In your BIAB folder is a .pdf file of the manual to go along with your latest update.

I find that using the onscreen .pdf manual is simply a faster way to go, use the SEARCH feature to find what you are looking for in much less time than riffing through paper pages.

If you find something you need to hold in your hand while working or learning, Print that page out.

--Mac
Posted By: jford Re: Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/17/09 09:25 PM
Look in the folder where you installed the program and you should find update manuals. Also, if you go to the windows "Start" menu, the installation program generally puts menu shotcuts to the user manuals, as well. They will probably be a full manual for a previous version and an update manual for the current version.
Posted By: Sergino Re: Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/17/09 09:51 PM
Thank you all very much because now is far more readable, but it's still incorrect.
I need to set to 2 bars per line to avoid clusters in the harmonica staff but now there are bars with too distance notes...
Unless I can export realtracks as MIDI files and print it with a notation program like I used to do before the real-era.
It's so important and good having the real parts printed!!!

So I insist, I wish you give us a better way for printing them.
Posted By: MartinB Re: Bars x line not fixed in score printing - 11/17/09 10:55 PM
Quote:

I need to set to 2 bars per line to avoid clusters in the harmonica staff but now there are bars with too distance notes...
So I insist, I wish you give us a better way for printing them.

In Fakesheet mode you may easily have 2 bars per line and 5 bars per line, say, on the same page. Not sure what's your pet peeve -> please elaborate.
© PG Music Forums