PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitar55 Dynamics - 01/27/23 01:32 PM
It would be great to have additional levels of dynamics than just the A and B sections. Also the ability to add a drum fill at any point without changing the feel of the song.
Posted By: musocity Re: Dynamics - 01/27/23 06:26 PM
Like this ?
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674331
Posted By: Guitar55 Re: Dynamics - 01/28/23 12:34 AM
That seems to be more about WHAT is played and I'm talking about HOW it's played. See the difference?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Dynamics - 01/28/23 01:02 AM
Let’s explore this a little. I’m not sure what How it’s played means.

BIAB has had the ability to create multi styles for quite a few years. You can set different styles as a C, D or more sub style. BIAB comes with a few created by the company but you can roll your own if you identify or create styles to your liking. Different instruments and/or drum patterns can change the level of intensity (dynamics), which is what many styles do when changing from the A to B substyle. Then, to get these different levels, just select the C, D etc substyle.

For the past couple of years, you can control the drum fills better. You can make them happen at any measure, or prevent a fill at a part marker.

Do either of these address your concerns?
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Dynamics - 01/28/23 01:58 AM
Matt is correct about MultiStyles. There are more than a few though, my current BIAB version has more than a Thousand PG Music MultiStyles. There are two types of MultiStyles, Global and song specific. Any Style in the StylePicker can be user modified into a song specific or global MultiStyle. They are controlled by Part Markers from the Part Markers drop down menu. This window supports up to 24 style changes, each with two a/b substyles allowing for 48 different drum groove variations per bar... 1,536 variations in 32 measures.

Regarding the issue between what instruments are played to how they play is also possible in BIAB. The method I use most often is to select an artist in the RealTracks Picker and audition the various RealTracks they've produced. There are many instances of artist's having a variety of styles, genres, feel, rhythm and soloist RealTracks using the same instrument that are easily intermingled into a song project.

For instance, the original Legacy Tracks each have 10 additional slots to place alternate RealTrack instruments on them. These instruments can be manipulated by Chorus, Part Markers or number of bars. They also can be manually set by a user.

I've attached screen shots of artist Dwight Sills list of RealTracks that provide 8 different RealTracks of the same guitar being played by the same artist in groups of 4 soloists and 4 rhythms. These tracks can be mixed and matched in any combination onto a single track and will yield a wide dynamic range of music.

Description: Dwight Sills Medley
Attached picture Sills Medley.gif
Posted By: Guitar55 Re: Dynamics - 01/29/23 04:23 PM
I will look into MultiStyles. Thanks! BIAB has so much ion it, it's sometimes difficult to find what I'm specifically looking for.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Dynamics - 03/03/23 08:31 PM
> I will look into MultiStyles. Thanks! BIAB has so much ion it, it's sometimes difficult to find what I'm specifically looking for.

Guitar55,

Thanks for the post, and good luck!
© PG Music Forums