PG Music Home
Posted By: SteveMc VST Search Clean Up [Resolved] - 10/30/23 11:22 PM
Greetings,
I have had to reinstall BIAB after a clean installation of Windows 11. When attempting to add my VST plugins, I couldn't remember where the Synth Font DLL was, and asked BIAB to search in three wrong places before I found the right one. Now I'm getting error messages 'Could not connect to plugin' on startup of BIAB. Is there a way to remove the wrong locations?

I also have a question about distorted playback of tracks when I'm using BIAB DAW as an instrument in Cakewalk. Is this the place to ask or maybe 'Recording, Mixing, etc'

Thanks
Steve McDonald
Posted By: DrDan Re: VST Search Clean Up - 10/31/23 01:08 AM
Here is where Synthfont DLL is located on my machine and all works fine.
[Linked Image]

I only use the BIAB VST in Reaper where the audio is fine. So can help you with your second question.

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-10-30 200548.png
Posted By: SteveMc Re: VST Search Clean Up - 10/31/23 01:18 AM
Thanks. I have Sythnfont installed successfully, but I have entered three locations where the Synthfont DLL is 'not', and I would like to remove them to stop the error messages when I start BIAB.

Steve
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: VST Search Clean Up - 10/31/23 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by SteveMc
Thanks. I have Sythnfont installed successfully, but I have entered three locations where the Synthfont DLL is 'not', and I would like to remove them to stop the error messages when I start BIAB.

Steve
I'm not sure if this will work, but try this:
Right click on a track in the Plugins tab and select Plugin Settings:

[Linked Image]

Select the Exclude Plugins button and navigate to the location where the Synthfont DLL is not located:

[Linked Image]

If the above doesn't work, another option might be to copy the Synthfont DLL to those incorrect locations and then repeat the above steps.

Also uncheck 'Scan for VST plugins on bootup'

Let us know how you get on.

Attached picture 2023-10-31_16-02-51.jpg
Attached picture 2023-10-31_16-06-33.jpg
Posted By: SteveMc Re: VST Search Clean Up - 10/31/23 11:28 AM
Thanks Audio Track, Your second option (Also uncheck 'Scan for VST plugins on bootup') worked. No more annoying error messages on start up, and all my VST's still appear in the 'Choose a Plugin' window.

Steve
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: VST Search Clean Up - 10/31/23 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by SteveMc
Thanks Audio Track, Your second option (Also uncheck 'Scan for VST plugins on bootup') worked. No more annoying error messages on start up, and all my VST's still appear in the 'Choose a Plugin' window.

Steve
Steve, fantastic.

You might consider opening your original post and marking it resolved. There's a button or that. This can assist others in the future.
© PG Music Forums