PG Music Home
Posted By: Papity Audio Track [Resolved] - 10/31/23 11:28 AM
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what the purpose is of the Audio Track?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Audio Track - 10/31/23 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
La piste audio est utilisée pour enregistrer, éditer et manipuler des fichiers audio dans un logiciel de musique comme Band-in-a-Box. Elle permet aux utilisateurs d'importer des fichiers audio existants, de les modifier en ajustant le volume, en appliquant des effets tels que l'amplification ou la normalisation, et même de les transcrire en données MIDI. La piste audio est également utilisée pour harmoniser l'audio, corriger les notes désaccordées et créer des harmonies. Pour plus d'informations sur la piste audio, vous pouvez consulter le chapitre 15 du manuel.
The above, in English:
The audio track is used to record, edit and manipulate audio files in music software like Band-in-a-Box. It allows users to import existing audio files, modify them by adjusting the volume, applying effects such as amplification or normalization, and even transcribe them to MIDI data. The audio track is also used to harmonize audio, correct out of tune notes, and create harmonies. For more information about the audio track, you can refer to chapter 15 of the manual.
Posted By: Papity Re: Audio Track - 11/02/23 10:01 AM
So the Audio Track is just another track but with the name "Audio".
Audio track, Thru track, Melody track or Utility tracks are all the same, if I well understand ...
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Audio Track - 11/02/23 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Papity
So the Audio Track is just another track but with the name "Audio".
Audio track, Thru track, Melody track or Utility tracks are all the same, if I well understand ...
Well, not really (pas vraiment). The way I understand it is this:

The audio track has audio.
The Melody, Soloist, and Thru Tracks are MIDI.
Other instrument tracks (bass, piano, drums, guitar) may be either audio (RealTracks) or MIDI, depending on the style you choose.
The Utility tracks start off empty and become audio from whatever you move to them.

It is true that BIAB is evolving in this area but we are not yet at the point where all tracks behave identically.

And of course, user AudioTrack who replied is none of the above; his name is Trevor laugh
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Audio Track - 11/02/23 07:06 PM
In addition to the good advice above, Utility Tracks may also contain MIDI data if required.
Posted By: Papity Re: Audio Track - 11/03/23 10:14 AM
Thanks Matt,
Your explanation clarifies my understanding of the different tracks.
I tested it myself.
Some Melodist and Soloist tracks can also be RealTracks.
When I add a RealTrack Melody (a fiddle eg) to a song, the term "Melody" is replaced by "Fiddle" in the Mixer and at the top of the screen.
When adding a Midi instrument, the term "Melody" remains unchanged.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Audio Track - 11/03/23 10:51 AM
Il y a une évolution apparemment en cours vers "toutes les pistes sont identiques", mais elle n'est pas encore terminée et il existe encore plusieurs différences. Nous ne savons pas combien de temps il faudra pour achever ce projet, en supposant qu'il soit un jour « terminé ».

There is an apparently ongoing development towards "all tracks are the same", but it is not yet complete are there are still several differences. How long it will take to complete that, assuming it is ever 'complete', we know not.
Posted By: Papity Re: Audio Track - 11/03/23 03:30 PM
I think is time now to close this thread, we have our answers.
Thank you everybody.
© PG Music Forums