PG Music Home
I have my whole song mapped out, and it has the form: Intro - Verse - Verse - Break. I want it to play through that twice, and then just play the Intro at the end. So I want it to go through the whole thing twice, then on the third chorus, just play the first 8 bars (the Intro). What is the easiest way to make that happen? I tried putting 8 bars after the one that says "End" but it ignores them. Is there a way to manage which bars play in each chorus?
[Linked Image]On a related topic. Somehow after the end of the song I ended up with a lot of mess of white blocks and gray blocks. I can't seem to make the gray ones turn white. What is going on with all that?

[Linked Image]

Attached picture keeshka.jpg
Originally Posted by Milky
What is the easiest way to make that happen?

Easiest? Just enter all the chords in linear fashion (1 Chorus) with no repeats.
Is there really not an easier way? I would like to put 8 bars after the last repeat and cause them to play at the end. Is that not possible? Inputting (and maintaining) 3x as many bars is unwieldy and tedious.
Just copy and paste whatever from wherever TO wherever. Quick and easy especially if you have repetitive verses for example.
Remember to extend the number of bars to include your Outro or they might not play.
HTH
Ian
Originally Posted by Milky
Is there really not an easier way? I would like to put 8 bars after the last repeat and cause them to play at the end. Is that not possible? Inputting (and maintaining) 3x as many bars is unwieldy and tedious.
Sorry to be the barrier of bad news. Don't blame the messenger. grin
Sounds like you're attempting a Tag Ending. Tag endings are found in the Song Settings Menu.

It appears your song is 3 choruses of 48 bars each. So, Chorus 1 would be bars 1-48;chorus 2 is bars 49-97; and so on through chorus 3.

A Tag ending should appear similar to the screenshot below. The numbers in the screenshot boxes are approximations. You would place the tag jump in the ninth bar after the first 8 bars of chorus 3 have played. The Start bar would be the first bar of the ending and the ending bar would be the last bar of the four ending bars.

Attached picture Tag Ending.jpg
Charlie explained that well. Now you tell us which is the easiest.
Yes, you need a tag ending. I use them often, in fact nearly always. Follow Charlie's advice.
Typing a few numbers into the song settings is a million times easier than adding 56 measures and copy/pasting or retyping all the chords.
I did it like this but it kept changing the Jump to 48. I guess because that's the last bar.

I changed it from 3 choruses to 2, set the Jump to 48 and set the Begin and End to 1 and 8. This made it work.

Thanks for the help. This is just what I needed.
Excellent. Please consider to open up your original post and mark it resolved (there's a button or that). This can assist others in the future.
© PG Music Forums