PG Music Home
I'm setting up basic fiddle tune/bluegrass practice tracks. I'm using one of the bluegrass styles, set ev-16, BPM130. The chords I'm using come straight out of a book. The problem is that the rhythm is very fast but are out of synch with the chords - the chord changes change are coming too slowly, if that makes any sense. I've tried a different style at ev8, but no luck... Any thoughts
Try reducing the number of bars by half
Originally Posted By: TLMelvin
Try reducing the number of bars by half

Does that mean making the song shorter? How would that work?
Originally Posted By: loganchandler
I'm setting up basic fiddle tune/bluegrass practice tracks. I'm using one of the bluegrass styles, set ev-16, BPM130. The chords I'm using come straight out of a book. The problem is that the rhythm is very fast but are out of synch with the chords - the chord changes change are coming too slowly, if that makes any sense. I've tried a different style at ev8, but no luck... Any thoughts

Welcome to the forums.
Could you tell us the exact name of the style you've used?
Maybe someone here can try to reproduce.
Also, try:

Song Settings (Control-N) and Disable fast generation.

Attached picture 2018-07-29_11-24-45.jpg
I should have said to go to the song form box and select change chord duration to half.
"Changing Song Form" worked perfectly! Many thanks!!
Excellent. Thanks for letting us know that your problem is resolved.
A lot of tab books are tabbed in 4/4 where it should be 2/2 or cut time. Therefore your tempo would have to be twice as fast. In your case, 260 bpm which is unsuitable for the real tracks so reducing the chord durations by half is one solution. The other would be to set the track time base to half time.
Can I ask how to find the song form box please.

Thanks

Narayano
Originally Posted By: Narayano
Can I ask how to find the song form box please.

Thanks

Narayano

The Song Form button is part of the Tools menu. Depending upon your display setting settings it may be visible on the Tools bar or you may have to click on the Tools arrow to open the Tools sub menu window.
Hi,

That'll get you to the Song Form Dialog and Medley Maker, but the Reduce and Expand commands are found in the Edit menu, in the Song Form sub-menu.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums