PG Music Home
Posted By: stratocaster Where did the audio go? - 11/24/18 05:43 PM
Playing back an MP3 file, sometimes I struggle finding out where the audio went. The peak indicatores are flickering in sympathy with the music which cant be heard in my headphones. The audio routing is a bit hard to figure ????
Posted By: DrDan Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/24/18 06:09 PM
Not much to go on here. However, maybe I have a similar problem at times and maybe my fix might help.

I have traced the problem to my sound card getting messed up (that is a technical term). I blame in on Windows 10 updates or god knows what, but the audio just goes silent. My fix, reset my sound card drivers. I open Programs and select "motu hardware". then I click on it and select "fix". Following a reboot, It always works.

YMMV
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/24/18 07:58 PM
Does it play properly without using headphones? It might be that you have an intermittent connection.
Posted By: stratocaster Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/24/18 08:05 PM
I think that it's me not understanding how the audio is routed. If I play back an audio piece the level meters flickers
but no sound id heard??
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/24/18 09:46 PM
Is this headphones or speaker or both?

In the meantime, check your audio driver (found under "Audio | Audio Drivers/Settings"), if it's set to WAS or ASIO, change it to MME and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: stratocaster Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/25/18 05:11 PM
Think it's soundcard related, a setting or such. Playing back a wave file,what should the settings be to ensure the sound going to the speaker/headphones?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/25/18 05:33 PM
Did you try the above? I suggested?

Does sound play in other programs or is it all your sound that's not working? You're not giving us too much information to work with.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/25/18 06:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
You're not giving us too much information to work with.

It is not general to have a distinction between the external speakers and the headphones for many audio devices, and certainly not for just the PC output. In other words, I would not be looking for routing configurations. Sound problems are generally either configuration, which in this case I suspect there is not much, and drivers. Reinstall you sound drivers, which is what I recommended at the top of this tread.
Posted By: stratocaster Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/25/18 06:44 PM
Not yet, will try soon!
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Where did the audio go? - 11/26/18 09:47 PM
Hi Stratocaster,

Which program are you using to play the MP3? Also, which MOTU interface are you using? I have an Ultralite mk3 so might be able to point you in the right direction. MOTU stuff is great,but can be a bit confusing. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums