PG Music Home
Posted By: mgrey Play once through specified bars - 01/02/20 02:24 AM
Hi. BIAB 2019 Pro. If I've entered the first 8 bars of a song, is there a way to play back just those bars without needing to stop it from playing to the end as if the last chord I entered is entered all the way to the end of the song? Seems like I should be able to highlight the bars I want played back or something...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/02/20 03:18 AM
Hi,

Yes, you can do that a number of ways.

The easiest is probably just as you say... highlight the bars you want performed.

The trick though, is that once you've highlighted them, you go to "Loop" (#1 on the below image).

From there, select "Play and loop highlighted region" (#2). The shortcut for this is F10 (#3).

Regards,
Noel

P.S. If you desktop view is not the same as mine, press CTRL+T to toggle between desktops.

Attached picture highlighted region - repeat continuously.JPG
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/02/20 03:25 AM
Actually, I think I might have misread what you were wanting. I'll leave the above post, though, because it gives some insight into BIAB.

I wonder if what you are experiencing is due to the default of BIAB playing 3 choruses.

Check that the number I've highlighted below is set to 1.

On the image below, the song will cycle through 3 times because it has been set to 3 choruses.

Another thought...

Under 'Loop' in the previous post, there is also and option that says "ALWAYS loop entire song"... if this has a check/tick beside it, it is active. Click on it to remove the checkmark.

Attached picture multiple choruses.JPG
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/02/20 04:31 AM
Also, change the number just to the left of the one in the previous post from 32 to 8.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/02/20 05:37 AM
Thanks, Matt. I'm so glad you're around to pick up the bits I don't see. It seems that I have knack for overlooking the obvious.

Posted By: mgrey Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/09/20 02:05 AM
Hi, thanks for the information. Sorry for my lack of clarity. I'm just trying to get a once-through play of selected bars. A better example - I have 32 bars of a song entered, and I want to play bars 9 through 16... I would intuitively highlight bars 9 through 16 and hit play, expecting it to start at bar 9 and stop after bar 16. But that starts play at Bar 1 and goes through Bar 32. I can dbl click to get it to start at the correct bar, and hit space to stop it where I want, so it doesn't play to the end. Seems there should be a better way, but I guess it's a small thing smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/09/20 02:30 AM
There are two ways to do this:

1: Select the required bars, hold the Shift-key down and press Generate/Play

2: Select the required bars and press function key <F10>

The song will play the selected bars in a loop.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/09/20 02:55 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
There are two ways to do this:

1: Select the required bars, hold the Shift-key down and press Generate/Play

2: Select the required bars and press function key <F10>

The song will play the selected bars in a loop.

I didn't know that Trev! Thanks for the lesson.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: mgrey Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/09/20 06:26 AM
Well... once-through is overrated. I'll take a loop I guess.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/09/20 09:29 AM
To play bars 9 through 16... once and stop

Change the number of Chorus's from 3 to 1

Change the End Bar from 32 to 16

Select the 'Play from Bar' Button located beside the Loop Button
(You can also double click bar 9 and achieve the same result)

Enter 9

The song will start at bar 9 and stop after bar 16

If you set the start to 9 and end at 16 and leave the chorus's at 3, Manually start the song at bar 9 as described above and Bars 9-16 will play through 3 times and stop.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/09/20 09:41 AM
<< I've entered the first 8 bars of a song, is there a way to play back just those bars without needing to stop it from playing to the end as if the last chord I entered >>

In this instance, or any instance in which the number of bars in your song is different than 32, change the 32 to the correct number of bars of your song. In your case here, change the 32 to 8. If you leave chorus's set at 3, Bars 1-8 will play through 3 times and stop. Change the 3 to 1 and the song will start at 1 and stop at bar 8 after playing through once.

Your song does not have to be just 32 bars. It can have any number of bars up to a maximum of 255 bars.
Posted By: mgrey Re: Play once through specified bars - 01/09/20 04:33 PM
Thanks all.
© PG Music Forums