I...
- Punch in some chords.
- Click Styles
- Select _JBRF_B - jazz bebop quartet - Group:Jazz 30
- Click Generate

But only two tracks get populated...
- BB Drims
- BB Real Base 400 Bass Acoustic

With a name like "jazz bebop quartet" I would think a piano track and something else would show up.

Do I have something setup wrong so RT can't find the other instruments?

Thanks for any help.
Originally Posted By: will
With RealBand 2001 installed on a Win10 PC

I...
- Punch in some chords.
- Click Styles
- Select _JBRF_B - jazz bebop quartet - Group:Jazz 30
- Click Generate

But only two tracks get populated...
- BB Drims
- BB Real Base 400 Bass Acoustic

With a name like "jazz bebop quartet" I would think a piano track and something else would show up.

Do I have something setup wrong so RT can't find the other instruments?

Thanks for any help.

I'm guessing that you mean RealBand 2021, Will?
What Pak do you have?

_JBRF_B is from Set# RT 7 and should have 4 instruments:
400: Bass
449: Piano
Terry Clarke RealDrums
446: Electric Guitar.

Try loading the Demo Song from the Style Picker for this style. Do you get any alerts? Does your Mixer screen look like this? :

Attached picture 2021-08-07_10-01-35.jpg
Yes, 2021 BIAB & RealBand.

Regarding which "PAK" do I have... if I open BIAB and click Help > What add ons do I have there are too many to list here so I'm unsure how to answer that question

Yes, while looking at the RealBand styles I can click "Load Demo Song"

When I do I see 4 populated tracks...
BB Melody - Acoustic Grand Piano
BB Soloist - Acoustic Bass
BB Real Base 400
BB RealDrums-Jazz-TerryClarke

While your view shows 5 populated tracks.

Question 1: Will RealBaand Styles list Styles even if I don't have the right PAK's?
Question 2: To share an image on the forum do I have to have it online in a public folder... like on a public Google Drive folder... or what?

Also, of note, if I just double click the style I hear one arrangement playing but if I click "Load Demo Song" it sounds different... and actually not so good...
So maybe the system can't find all the "parts" so some instruments are missing...
What do you think?

Thanks for the help.
Here is Info on Your Style:

_JBRF_B.STY. Jazz Bebop Quartet
RT Set #7 June 2009
Memo: Bebop quartet featuring comping bass, piano and guitar
-Examples: Star Eyes, Autumn Leaves., Genre "Intensity" Score=30/100

All RealTracks. Quartet. Tempo=160 (150-220)

RD: JazzTerryClarke^02-a,b:Brushes :Terry Clarke
RT400: Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ray Sw 160 , Jodi Proznick
RT449: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Jazz Sw 140 , Miles Black
RT446: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Jazz Sw 140 , Oliver Gannon
OK, two things.

1:
Re Which Pak: When you upgraded recently, you purchased one of the following:
- Pro
- MegaPAK
- UltraPAK
- UltraPAK+
- Audiophile

Do you recall which one, and also what was the price you paid for the upgrade?

2:
To attach an image, press the File Manager link below where you type, and navigate to where you had saved the image as shown with the arrow here. You can't do this with the 'Quick Reply' option.

Attached picture 2021-08-08_8-38-19.jpg
Another thing, please check if the tracks that are populated with the Style are showing as Audio (a waveform) or MIDI (a 5 pin DIN plug). If they are showing as MIDI then I suspect some substitution is taking place because the correct RealTracks are not available in your setup.

Attached picture 2021-08-08_8-42-11.jpg
Regarding the upgrade, the pricing you paid should have been somewhere between $79 and $499.

Attached picture 2021-08-08_8-53-23.jpg
Quote:
Question 1: Will RealBand Styles list Styles even if I don't have the right PAK's?

I believe it only lists the Styles you have, but remember that Styles need RealTracks/MIDI Tracks to work. The Styles are a selection of Tracks.

You obviously have the _JBRF_B style, but you may not have all of the RealTracks that this style needs.

Attached picture 2021-08-08_12-48-28.jpg
OK. I bought the "Pro" upgrade for $79.
And I'm running Windows 10 on a PC.

- I had BIAB 9 on the external disk and was advised to "install" it before upgrading as some of the BIAB 9 stuff would enhance the upgrade.
- I'm guessing that means some extra styles would be included... bit I'm not sure.
- Regardless, I "installed" version 9 and then installed 2021 on top of it as advised.

I'm including 3 screen shots of the _JBRF_B Jazz Bebop Quartet style.
- The chord view is a simple II V I progression.
- The track view shows only two tracks... bass and drums.
- The "Load Song Demo" tracks

So the question to me would seem to be...

1 - Are the necessary "styles" included with my "Pro" upgrade?
2 - If so why are only the bass and drum tracks showing up in the II V I arrangement?
3 - What about the "Load Song Demo" track view where 4-tracks are populated?
4 - Shouldn't the RealBand Style Picker only show choices that match what is installed on the system?

Thanks again for all the help folks.

Attached picture RB Jazz Bebop Quartet chords.png
Attached picture RB Jazz Bebop Quartet tracks.png
Attached picture RB Jazz Bebop Quartet Demo.png
Thanks for your feedback, Will.

Sadly, time and time again - just like you - we witness user confusion with the contents and functionality of the unfortunately named 'Pro' Pak. It is actually the 'entry level', 'essentials', or 'starter' version, and has the minimal musical RealTracks and related material.

The 2021 Pro Pak ($79 upgrade) has 500+ RealTracks
The 2021 Ultra Pak ($299 upgrade) has 3,100+ RealTracks

I suspect this is why you are not achieving your desired outcome.

Some of the support staff at PG Music may be able to offer additional advice / clarification.
As a checkpoint, you can enable/disable the 'Show unavailable Realtracks' option so they do not show if you do not have them.
..and even if left enabled to show them, they likely have a 'N/A' marking in one of the columns inside the picker.
There's actually a column labeled N/A.

For most of us (unfortunately) we can't check between Pro/Ultra as we already have the Ultra installed, so knowing what you have available compared to us isn't easy to do.
As mentioned above, a quick Chat session (upper right corner of this screen) is your best bet to find out.
© PG Music Forums