PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Minimising BiaB window - 05/29/22 07:56 AM
Hi, not sure if this is a windows settings issue or other.
When I have BiaB window open, I can't open any other program until I minimise BiaB.
In other words I can't open Reaper which in running in the bottom task bar without clicking the minimise button on BiaB.
Appreciate any suggestions.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Minimising BiaB window - 05/29/22 09:12 AM
You probably have BIAB in DAW Mode. I’m not at a computer but it’s near the drag “n drop in the upper left area.
Posted By: wish Re: Minimising BiaB window - 05/29/22 09:57 AM
Thanks Matt, seems to be the fix. Was not aware I was in the Daw mode after all this time. There appears to be 2 main screen options…I use the one without all the icons. Not sure how I got into Daw mode, anyway problem solved.
Thanks
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Minimising BiaB window - 05/29/22 10:15 AM
We have suggested that PG Music make the indicator more clear when someone is in DAW Mode. You are not alone.

DAW Mode is not essential; it does two things: minimize the window, and keep it on top. Then when someone maximizes the window, they get the problem you had.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Minimising BiaB window - 05/29/22 11:11 AM
Originally Posted By: wish
Hi, not sure if this is a windows settings issue or other.
When I have BiaB window open, I can't open any other program until I minimise BiaB.
In other words I can't open Reaper which in running in the bottom task bar without clicking the minimise button on BiaB.
Appreciate any suggestions.

You may consider this user developed add-on "Alert" (at least until the feature is implemented by PG Music)

It's quick and simple to install, and (at least) it gives you a colored button alert. Instructions to install are included in the link.

Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Minimising BiaB window - 06/02/22 09:40 PM
Thanks Matt, seems to be the fix. Was not aware I was in the Daw mode after all this time. There appears to be 2 main screen options…I use the one without all the icons. Not sure how I got into Daw mode, anyway problem solved.
Thanks

It's entirely possible you hit the "DAW" button by mistake at some point without realizing it. Sometimes people hit this button as well thinking it will open the VST Plugin version of Band-in-a-Box for use in people's DAWs.

Attached picture daw-plugin-mode.png
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Minimising BiaB window - 06/02/22 09:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
It's entirely possible you hit the "DAW" button by mistake at some point without realizing it. Sometimes people hit this button as well thinking it will open the VST Plugin version of Band-in-a-Box for us in people's DAWs.

Yes, exactly. That's why we've been asking for a better alert (for some years now), and also implemented our own workaround.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Minimising BiaB window - 06/02/22 09:59 PM
Thanks

It's entirely possible you hit the "DAW" button by mistake at some point without realizing it. Sometimes people hit this button as well thinking it will open the VST Plugin version of Band-in-a-Box for us in people's DAWs.
Thank you, Ember. It's good to have PG Music staff acknowledgement of the possibility of doing this. Please pass along to the developers that this happens frequently enough to cause confusion in users. And we only know about the many who ask here.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Minimising BiaB window - 06/02/22 10:01 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack

Yes, exactly. That's why we've been asking for a better alert (for some years now), and also implemented our own workaround.

It has been added to the wishlist already, but I'll go ahead and resubmit it for you guys. smile
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Minimising BiaB window - 06/02/22 10:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Thanks

Thank you, Ember. It's good to have PG Music staff acknowledgement of the possibility of doing this. Please pass along to the developers that this happens frequently enough to cause confusion in users. And we only know about the many who ask here.

Absolutely! Thanks again for the nudge. Knowing multiple people are looking for a feature like this certainly helps to keep it at the forefront for future versions.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Minimising BiaB window - 06/03/22 09:31 AM
It has been added to the wishlist already, but I'll go ahead and resubmit it for you guys. smile

Thanks Ember. In reality, this feature is certainly not a time consuming or challenging implementation. We really hope that this will just be included in an intervening update.

(Separately, I believe it's been provided via several requests, possibly besides the items in the wishlist)
© PG Music Forums