PG Music Home
OK...

About six years ago I got to thinking.
I've done all this song writing, playing in live bands and have some music related pics over the decades.
It will all eventually get erased from a computer hard drive.

It came to me that I should put something together that captures it all.
Not for the world, Youtube or PBS.
Only for the interest of friends and family members when we return to stardust.
We don't have kids so it's just brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews.

So, back in 2009 I bought Sony Movie Studio Platinum.
Tackled the learning curve, brought my (30) complete and recorded songs into the timeline, included many pics from band days, gigs and some personal narration, etc.
Turned out to be just short of (2) hours.
It took me a couple years to finish given many edits, user errors and idiocy.
Plus, I had to add my relatively recent BIAB songs to the mix.....but I was in no hurry.
I did a Version 2 also that included the lyrics in sync with the songs as they played. (of course, had to eliminate pics to accommodate the lyrics)

I'm glad I did it and it was an enjoyable process.

Guess I'll leave it there....see you on page (2). smile
A good project idea. It's true, there are tons of videos and pictures of my concerts that will disappear with me gone.

I've done a few promo videos using Animoto, and a few concert videos on YouTube, and a CD. Your project sounds like an excellent idea.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
A good project idea. It's true, there are tons of videos and pictures of my concerts that will disappear with me gone. I've done a few promo videos using Animoto, and a few concert videos on YouTube, and a CD. Your project sounds like an excellent idea.

Howdy Matt....

Especially for someone like yourself who's been out gigging (in the truest sense) far longer than myself.
The first 10 minutes or so of mine was:
Music background: Robert Greenidge/Micheal Utley - "Soltar" (a long instrumental cut)
Images: many album covers reflecting my taste in music from early on.
Narration: talked about hooking up with band mates and how we got beyond doing freebies and actually got paid!
I did a short Twilight Zone music/narration thing at the end...it was fun. smile

After that intro the original songs start along with pictures from my past.
I put the originals in order of when they were written...not when recorded.
I don't know, maybe because I thought it would reflect some progression of improved song writing....or, I'm totally delusional.

You may have to approach it in Vol 1, Vol 2, etc.
But...I'm sure your family and friends will find it all quite interesting in the future.

Thanks for contributing.....

© PG Music Forums