Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DAY JOB? by rharv @ Yesterday at 03:31 PM

Well yeah, I did my part
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DAY JOB? by eddie1261 @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: rharvThat was funny, Even worse down below <grin> Oh wait I'm on there <embarrased> And, it's all your fault!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DAY JOB? by rharv @ Yesterday at 03:18 PM

That was funny, Even worse down below <grin> Oh wait I'm on there <embarrased> been a long time since I was on that 30 day list .. Matt has more time than I do obviously, then again I'm not retired yet Getting back to the original post - I run a web development division (including hosting, websites, mobile apps and web apps), and pitch in with the programming. Oh, I'm also a part of the IT team (separate division; server admin and SQL resource since we host/monitor a lot of stuff),
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: A Technical Question for Guitar Players by Cathie @ Yesterday at 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: GuitarhackerCathy, As a guitar player, playing 16ths at 155 is going to be according to the skill level of the player. Whether it's 16th, 32nds, or 64ths is totally dependent upon the player's skills. I recently did a song at 155bpm and there's some pretty fast playing in the song. Both tapping as well as single stroke picking. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=649840#Post649840 https://soundcloud.com/herb-hartley/we-aint-got-ther
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Tripwire (Spirit Level) by Robertkc @ Yesterday at 02:51 PM

Tripwire The next outing for Spirit Level takes us to the brink, with a cameo by a literary character everyone knows. Once again the Biab rhythm tracks were a good starting point and then Scott and Ray took the song to a more interesting and energetic place. Mix by Scott and consensus. RealTracks in song: 3182:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GrungeUnpluggedQuinn Ev16 090 RealTracks in song: 3156:Fiddle, 5-string, Rhythm AmericanaMountain16thsPizzAndy ev16 070 RT 3769 12string electric RealDrums [in
User Showcase
Thanks to those finding the turnoff to this road,listening and sending supportive comments. And we are on to the next. Robert
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Lazy Afternoon - new version by Robertkc @ Yesterday at 02:28 PM

Rob, You have a very expressive voice and the melody here is a wonderful vehicle for you. I`m no expert in the genre, but your Lazy Afternoon seems about as good as it gets. Very well done! Robert
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Honey Babe (feat. PeterF) by Janice & Bud @ Yesterday at 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Leon1Hi Janice, Bud and Peter I've been having a break from the Internet, so very late to the party. Now I'm back on line, I figured this was the obvious place to start catching up. I'm very familiar with Maria Muldaur's version of this song. Listening to your inspired take it wasn't the first time I've thought that Janice's voice has some of the same alluring qualities as hers. This is brilliant. Right up there with my all time favourite reggaefied country song; Toots and
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Spoon River by Robertkc @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Dan, Your reminiscing works for me; a nice lilt to the melody, gentle backing that suits the feel and an excellent vocal. Very well done for a first Biab production! Robert
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Bug or coding problem BIAB for Windows 10 unresolved since 2018 by Simon - PG Music @ Yesterday at 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: biab-userOriginally Posted By: Simon - PG MusicHi biab-user, I can confirm this issue, and will make sure it's properly reported to the development team. Thanks, Simon. I was told the same thing back in 2018. Looking forward to see it sorted. You're welcome biab-user, hopefully it's a quick fix for them!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: With your permission by Robertkc @ Yesterday at 02:15 PM

A good vehicle for the sax- energetic and smooth. Sounds great on headphones. Robert
Jump to new posts Re: Xtra styles 11 question. by biab-user @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

I always find these PAKs and option so confusing!
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: No More New Features. by Dave @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

And please don't forget about Notation. I don't think it has been looked at in several years. Some of us use songs with lyrics and actually print them out. The layer function is fine, but printing note based lyrics could be much improved. BIAB struggles with lyrics on 1/8 notes - too much text and not enough space. It has a similar problem with the last bar on a line where the lyrics can get stacked on top of the next verse.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Time It Takes (Synthesizer V) by Robertkc @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

David, I like the shiny optimism in the write and Eleanor`s so-human vocal. Good changes ( from whatever genre)- you have a talent for flowing melodies. Excellent production as usual; those counterpoint bgv`s are beautifully timed. Much more enjoyable than K-Pop! Robert
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: New song: Dance Song For People Who Don't Dance by Killer @ Yesterday at 02:10 PM

Thanks to everyone who commented and came up with suggestions on how to improve this one. Here's the new version. Vocals further up in the mix, as is the sax. Sax riff added to one verse. L/H guitar replaced with piano. The replaced guitar still has a small part to play in various places.
Jump to new posts Re: Xtra styles 11 question. by Callie - PG Music @ Yesterday at 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: biab-user I have the Everything PAK that I purchased many years ago. If your EverythingPAK is Version 2016 or newer, then there are some Xtra Styles PAKs that could work. You'll notice that each of the 1-11 PAK 'squares' on this page says what version they were developed for: https://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win
Jump to new posts Re: Xtra styles 11 question. by Matt Finley @ Yesterday at 01:48 PM

Because the Everything Pak you have is not recent, it will not contain all the RealTracks the new styles will use, so the answer is probably not.
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: A Technical Question for Guitar Players by Cathie @ Yesterday at 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MarioDIf you already knew this then sorry for the redundancy. Oh my word I had NO idea!! So you're saying if I play the part myself fairly slowly, using the keyboard as my MIDI controller, I can change the tempo of the MIDI afterwards? Except I don't know how I would keep the guitar tone if I didn't record it as audio. I have no objections to MIDI itself, but the problem I keep having is that the MIDI guitar patches available to me are all clean, and the rock style is dis
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Pink Moon by Ghostgum @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Really like this one, Eric. Fine guitar playing is perfectly balanced with the excellent synths. The opening was a bit sudden but effective and the end was a complete surprise. Well done.
Jump to new posts Re: Xtra styles 11 question. by VideoTrack @ Yesterday at 01:34 PM

Hi You are possibly getting Styles Paks confused with Program Editions. The XTRA Styles Pak 11 will work with your BiaB if you have the BiaB 2021 UltraPak or higher
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Lucky Tale by Ghostgum @ Yesterday at 01:30 PM

Hi Eric. Great guitar playing - it seemed more connected to the backing track in the last part than in the first 1min 15 sec but nevertheless enjoyable. I felt the fiddle was too repetitive for a standalone piece but, as Dan wrote, fine for background music in an action video. Keep up the good work.
Jump to new posts Xtra styles 11 question. by biab-user @ Yesterday at 01:29 PM

I need an answer to this: "Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition." I have the Everything PAK that I purchased many years ago. Will this Xtra Style PAK 11 work with it? Thanks
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG MusicHi biab-user, I can confirm this issue, and will make sure it's properly reported to the development team. Thanks, Simon. I was told the same thing back in 2018. Looking forward to see it sorted.
Songwriting
Well.... Even though I'm no audience for this genre or type of song I gave it a spin. The tempo change did not work for me at all. It's a slow ballad sort of song and the (any) tempo change is awkward and doesn't add anything to your effort. If I were asked I'd say leave it at the 100bpm. But...it's your song so good luck with your recording. Just being candid....hope that helps. Have a great day....
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: No More New Features. by Matt Finley @ Yesterday at 12:47 PM

I don't think anyone is contemplating abandoning MIDI. The point Mario and others are making is that, when PG Music develops new RealTracks and RealDrums, they should develop some MIDI tracks and styles too.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
PG Music News
Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Get To Know the Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings

Want to customize your Band-in-a-Box® song? Head into the Song Settings window to adjust settings for endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, chord embellishments, and more!

To access Song Settings in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, use Ctrl+N or choose the Edit | Song Form | Settings (for This Song) option.

Looking to mix up the styles playing for each chorus? You can do that!

Want Pedal Bass in your middle chorus? You can do that too!

Hoping to fade the ending to your song? Also an option from within this window!

There are additional Ending options, RealTracks options (including half-time/double-time, 'bluesy' solos, Natural Arrangements, etc.), and more!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Documentation Today!

Download the latest Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows to access the updated PDF manual and updated help file.

We've also addressed user reported concerns regarding Plugins Options, Drum Kit window MIDI events, the 2 bar lead-in for exported MIDI files, read-only Audio tracks, and more!

The latest update is available for FREE to all Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows users.

Learn more and download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Estamos ocupados e adicionamos 80 novos recursos e uma coleção incrível de novos conteúdos, incluindo 202 RealTracks, novos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudos Instrumentais, Performances de Artistas, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", transcrições de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 e mais!

Novas Funções | Pacotes

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Polish for Windows is Here!

Efektem naszej ciężkiej pracy w ostatnim czasie jest m.in. dodanie 80 nowych funkcji i wspaniałej kolekcji nowych dodatków i zawartości, które obejmują 202 RealTracks, nowe RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Studia Instrumentalne, Wykonania Artystów, dodatkowe RealDrums "Pojedyncze ", transkrypcje RealDrums, pakiet MultiStyles PAK 1, Pakiet Xtra Styles PAK 10 i wiele innych!

Nowych | Pakiety

Forum Stats
34340 Members
67 Forums
69330 Topics
595845 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Paul Harman, Michael Lawlor, zansongs, Sound Design, rts2000

34340 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 200