Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Last Night (Western Swing) by dcuny @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Well sung, fun lyrics, stellar arrangement. Having heard some of your songs, I'm no longer surprised by how good your song are, but I am continually impressed with what do.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Measurement Rant by dcuny @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

In the worthless trivia category, the reason for 12 in the Imperial system is to avoid having to deal with fractions. That is, 12 can be evenly divided by 2, 3, 4 and 6. When you're building stuff, you don't want rounding errors to cause problems, so dealing with integers is just simpler. Same logic with a 12 hour clock, and 360 degrees. Only with degrees, you basically get to divide by 5 without a fractional result as well. I'm all for avoiding fractions.
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how to audition only real drums by Noel96 @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM

Earl, Beneath the green arrow that Videotrack points to, there's a button called "Solo". That isolates the drums so that all you hear will be the drums. Regards, Noel P.S. Thanks for the graphics, Trev! my latest song: Accidental Lovers
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: May I ask for style advice? by dcuny @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Power chords also sound great sustained, so you might consider going through your song and changing all the chords to held power chords (i.e.change chords from something like C to C5...) and render out only the guitar track using an electric guitar. You can then layer held strums these behind "normal" electric guitar chords, so you get more grit without having to put them up front in the mix.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: A nice sounding “steel” by dcuny @ Yesterday at 11:11 PM

I've got a lot of Indiginus instruments, and love them all. They're fun to play, and sound great. Unlike some VSTis I've bought, they really do sound exactly as they do in the demos. The only reason I don't have The Steel is because I don't have a much call for it the music I make, and BiaB has some really excellent steel guitars. But it's up there on my "To Get" list. Keep in mind that you'll need the full version of Kontakt to play this, or you'll be limited to 15 minute interval
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Third english word song from Jona by JONA @ Yesterday at 09:39 PM

Thanks Noel !!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Measurement Rant by VideoTrack @ Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Keith from Oz...There's two funny things I remember at the start of the introduction to the metric system. The first was a politician trying to "sell" the metric system, who said "It may be difficult at first, but stick with it. If you try to forget the imperial system, and think metric, inch by inch we'll get there."
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: how to audition only real drums by VideoTrack @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: earl kirbywhen I go to the realdrums picker to auditio rd's I hear the entire style. How do I hear only the real drums I'm tring to audition?
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: A nice sounding “steel” by Cathie @ Yesterday at 09:29 PM

That's pretty impressive!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Last Night (Western Swing) by NigelSpiers @ Yesterday at 09:23 PM

Last night A song I wrote in homage to some of my musical heroes - Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys. Featuring: Nigel Spiers - Vocals, BV's, Song, Lyrics and Production. Craig Scott - Drums Miles Black - Piano Brent Mason - Guitar All BIAB Real Tracks and Style = _WSBAND1.STY
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Measurement Rant by Keith from Oz @ Yesterday at 09:21 PM

As Trev said earlier, we went metric in the 1970s, but we still use a lot of "descriptive" terminology, such as "He's very tall, well over six feet" Or "the surf was big today ... well over 10 foot waves." There's two funny things I remember at the start of the introduction to the metric system. The first was a politician trying to "sell" the metric system, who said "It may be difficult at first, but stick with it. If you try to forget the imperial sy
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: May I ask for style advice? by Cathie @ Yesterday at 09:17 PM

Thank you, Tangmo!!! I appreciate your advice. I'll try the compression when I go to RB. You know, I automatically default to 7th chords, dominants and minors, probably because of the blues influence. I can try the power chords; that might make a big difference. Thanks for that idea!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Time It Takes (Synthesizer V) by dcuny @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: MarioDDavid, you have mastered that vocaloid. It sounds like a real person singing. Outstanding work! Thanks! Quote:I also like different and interesting chord changes and you did a fantastic job on this one. I appreciate that! Thanks for stopping to comment!
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: A Technical Question for Guitar Players by Cathie @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: GuitarhackerIf you are doing this with MIDI, you can do as Mario mentioned. Slow it down and get the notes in there that you want. In a DAW like sonar, it is possible to get 128th note resolution (or higher) if you really need that kind of speed. Add the parts and notes you need and then speed it up. I heard what you said about keeping the tone like you want. Here's your solution. REAL STRAT. I've heard folks who were using this and as a guitarist it was really difficult
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: A Technical Question for Guitar Players by Cathie @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike HalloranQuote: Dunno what it takes to license a song and get it heard, …Live? Not your issue as long as the promoter or venue is licensed with the PRO or the song’ publisher. Back to the OP, SampleTank 4 CS, UVI Player and the free version of Kontakt/Guitar Rig all come with libraries. After you get familiar with these and MIDI basics, they and other companies have plenty to sell you — don’t worry, they’ll email you a lot. The learning period is on their dim
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DAY JOB? by Planobilly @ Yesterday at 08:40 PM

Wow...There are a lot of highly educated technical types on this forum. Billy
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Spoon River by firesong @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Tony and Marty...thanks guys for these glowing reviews...I value your opinions as fellow songwriters and musicians...my best regards...Dan
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Celtic Country Worship by firesong @ Yesterday at 08:07 PM

Ember, Mario, Marty and Noel...my sincere thanks to all of you for your individual comments...I did a concert two years ago celebrating 40 years as a songwriter and my son and daughter did a rendition of this song with me that night and it was one of my favorite moments of the evening...I love the song and am so glad you enjoyed it...this song literally would not exist without the inspiration I got from BiaB and the Lord (of coarse)...Dan
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: DAY JOB? by eddie1261 @ Yesterday at 07:03 PM

Harv, did you live then where you live now? I remember back in 1987 I crossed the border from Sarnia into that state up north because I needed strings and generic stuff like that and the first real city was Port Huron. I went to some music store somewhere in that area but I don't know if it was Port Huron or further down into Marysville. I remember that day because I forgot my work visa and had a HUGE problem with the border. There was a bar in Port Huron that was the hot spot on Sunday night an
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Anoint Myself by David Snyder @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

Thanks David! That made me laugh! Good one! Glad you liked it!!
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: May I ask for style advice? by Tangmo @ Yesterday at 06:15 PM

We are kinda in the same boat. I don't have a rock voice either (at least not unless it's more southern). In the "style-picker", you can toggle by genre and locate all the styles you have under "heavy rock". That's likely to be your best starting place for finding something in the feel and tempo. Beyond that, if you want to use other guitars added to (or replacing) guitars in the style, you have a couple of obvious options. 1. If you use a DAW and common DAW effects, yo
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Celtic Country Worship by Ember - PG Music @ Yesterday at 05:20 PM

Celtic styles/songs have so much life and vibrancy to them! Really enjoyed what you did with your piece. Thanks for taking the time to share it!
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили 80 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 стиля RealTracks, новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), записи профессионального живого исполнения (Artist Performances), поставляемые в качестве бонуса отдельные инструменты RealDrums (RealDrums "Singles"), транскрипции стилей RealDrums, набор мультистилей MultiStyles PAK 1, набор экстра-стилей Xtra Styles PAK 10 и др.!

новых | Пакеты

Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Get To Know the Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings

Want to customize your Band-in-a-Box® song? Head into the Song Settings window to adjust settings for endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, chord embellishments, and more!

To access Song Settings in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, use Ctrl+N or choose the Edit | Song Form | Settings (for This Song) option.

Looking to mix up the styles playing for each chorus? You can do that!

Want Pedal Bass in your middle chorus? You can do that too!

Hoping to fade the ending to your song? Also an option from within this window!

There are additional Ending options, RealTracks options (including half-time/double-time, 'bluesy' solos, Natural Arrangements, etc.), and more!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Documentation Today!

Download the latest Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows to access the updated PDF manual and updated help file.

We've also addressed user reported concerns regarding Plugins Options, Drum Kit window MIDI events, the 2 bar lead-in for exported MIDI files, read-only Audio tracks, and more!

The latest update is available for FREE to all Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows users.

Learn more and download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Estamos ocupados e adicionamos 80 novos recursos e uma coleção incrível de novos conteúdos, incluindo 202 RealTracks, novos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudos Instrumentais, Performances de Artistas, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", transcrições de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 e mais!

Novas Funções | Pacotes

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Spanish for Windows is Here!

En PG Music tenemos el placer de anunciar la disponibilidad de Band-in-a-Box 2021 en Español. Despues de arduo trabajo hemos agregado, entre otras cosas, 80 funciones nuevas y una gran colección de nuevas incorporaciones y contenido que incluyen 202 RealTracks, nuevos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudios Instrumentales, Interpretaciones de Artistas, RealDrums 'Single' adicionales, transcripciones de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 ¡y mucho mas!

Nuevas características | Todos los Paquetes

New Update Available for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 today!

We've applied some updates to a variety of Add-ons, improved transcriptions and simple tags, resolved playback issues with MIDI tracks, and more. Plus, this free update adds the latest DAW Plugin 3.46!

Learn more & download now.

Forum Stats
34343 Members
67 Forums
69342 Topics
596002 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Xerto, Robot, Lyle Bradford, Paul Harman, Michael Lawlor

34343 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 201