Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box® Callie - PG Music 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more! His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oY8pFhPoK4
Replies 0 Views 39 Read More
Re: What utility do you use to read/change MIDI files? Paj 6 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
Paj. i agree ...ptw is underated...as is rb viz midi. its nice to see you appreciate it cos i feel too few users realise the value. big studios i once frequented sometimes were amazed at its features when i showed examples compared to what they wereuseing. getting older ive forgotten lots of my old midi tricks... fun days. om
Yeah, and the icon menu items are handy but the MIDI Menu in the Edit Menu dropdown has really useful features, including a filter and subfilter in the Replace option which allow you to manipulate a lot of MIDI data quickly and conveniently. I'm editing a few MIDI sets for a band at the moment and it just makes me re-appreciate the feature. I do wish that I was able to record Macros but, still, it just works well with MIDI files. Paj 8^)
Replies 18 Views 591 Read More
Re: I'm Not Ready floyd jane 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Floyd, you and Bill are masters are writing songs. Floyd your vocal was perfect for those lyrics. I could feel the pain in your voice. The backing band was perfect. Loved that guitar vocal duo at the beginning followed by the introduction of other instruments. It was perfect for this song. Loved it.
Thanks, Mario. Much appreciated.
Originally Posted by Noel96
HI floyd. Wow! This one really tugs at the heartstrings 😢 and this 'tugging' it amplified by excellent writing, a superb arrangement, an equally superb production, and a truly outstanding performance. I seriously love what you and Bill have done. The genderless lyrics are perfect for both male and female vocalists. This thought crossed my mind somewhere mid-song, and when it did, I found myself wondering what kind of difference a female singer would have brought to my listening experience. Have you ever had the opportunity to hear a woman sing this? (I'm just curious.) The chorus is powerful-plus, and the mystery of what the bridge lyrics are referring to was a really clever idea for emotional development. It's a technique that has never once occurred to me. It's such a great idea. I'm definitely taking that onboard smile What stood out to me most was the triplet rhyme of me/be/memory at the end of the chorus, and that pause that's full of expectation before "just a memory". The way these lyrics flowed kept my mind thinking about the song's story beyond the close of the chorus. As I see it, that's '10th dan black-belt' lyric writing! I really enjoyed where you took me with this superbly crafted composition and presentation. --Noel
Noel - Thanks! All that delicious stuff in the lyric is Bill's doing. And he knows what he is doing. It is unusual to find a lyricist (only) who possesses the prosody that Bill has. True talent. A real joy to work with. Interestingly, sometimes that prosody took a while to uncover. He gave me lyrics that sometime took a long time to find the cadence that he heard (since I just had a piece of paper). I'd scratch my head for a while - then when I latched on to it, it just happened - and just flowed...like magic.
Replies 14 Views 253 Read More
Re: Creepy Invitation floyd jane 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well done. Did not know the original, so had a listen to that, too. A good cover. fj
Replies 4 Views 51 Read More
Re: Bar setting at beat level Riccoboni 6 hours ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to test this ! Very helpfull !
Replies 6 Views 121 Read More
Re: Bar setting at beat level Charlie Fogle 6 hours ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Noel's suggestion to use the Audio Editor worked when I tested because I found the audio editor's volume automation can affect midi, supermidi, artist performance tracks, realtracks and realdrums on the original tracks as well as the Utility Tracks and the Master Track will do a Fade Out to a midi Style Song. In the attached images below, the first screen shot is a SuperMidi organ that was volume automated to mute a region while in its native midi state and afterward converted to an Artist Performance Track in order to display the WAV form in this post. The second screen shot shows Master Track volume automation. Although no WAV form displays, the automated song Fade Out works.
About Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight and The End pghboemike 7 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 0 Views 12 Read More
Re: One of the biggest needed items is ........ justanoldmuso 8 hours ago Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
++++++++++times a zillion. prob is rob we are in a gimme now society. hence the fast food joints...lol....which my docs tell me to be a good lad as i age and cut down on fast food. wife and i are on healthy diets..courtesy of a smart nutritionist. oh how i miss pizza and big macs...lol. the prob is rb is not a fast food app. one needs to spend time with it to appreciate subtle aspects and its advantages. poor jeff probably gets fed up with us pushing for certain features...buti its done with the best intentions. om
Replies 2 Views 44 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder David Snyder 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dear Janice and Bud and Vic and Marty, Thank you so much for the listens and the kind comments. You know I only live if I can make you guys laugh, and I hope that I brought just a little bit of humor into this dark and dreary world!! 😂
Replies 22 Views 267 Read More
Re: Desert moon cubanpete 8 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks JB and Babu, your comments as usual are important to me. Yes, I couldn't find the trumpet I had in mind, so I used this one that surprisingly enough worked pretty good. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 8 Views 92 Read More
Re: Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One BabuMusic 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool, Wayne. Yeah, that conga hit me and plastered a smile on this face. Vocals are so good. Love the drive in the song, and Ken shines brightly. Fun Latin groove. My all-time favorite album title is "Tom Wasits. For No One." So good to hear that your muse moved back in with ya.
Replies 9 Views 166 Read More
Re: Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One BabuMusic 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool, Wayne. Yeah, that conga hit me and plastered a smile on this face. Vocals are so good. Love the drive in the song, and Ken shines brightly. Fun Latin groove. My all-time favorite album title is "Tom Wasits. For No One." So good to hear that your muse moved back in with ya.
Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind BabuMusic 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yep, fun changes and a cool melody. Vocals could be louder (or maybe my ears could be better). Man, your guitar fits in so well, adding an extra ton of excitement. Ronnie, I love the title and how cool it is to sing over your melody. A real tongue twister, but once it's untangled it flows off the tongue like an old prayer.
Replies 7 Views 141 Read More
Re: Desert moon BabuMusic 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool. That rumbling opening rides up my spine to tell my brain pay atention, we're in for a treat. Heck, I might've gotten that seeing it's from CubanPete. Never disappointed listening toyour creativity, MIke. Interesting band, well-played. I saw the creidts and couldn't wait to hear how you fashioned the trumpet, whihc in print seemed like an odd choice. You made it work briliantly. I like how the baritone and bass work together. Outstanding thoughout.
One of the biggest needed items is ........ Rob Helms 9 hours ago Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
creating a in depth feature video for RB one that really highlights it best strengths. .It is feature rich and even though a bit dated it would be helpful to attract folks to use it if they understood how it does things that may be a tad different from other programs.
Replies 2 Views 44 Read More
Re: Better Then Never BabuMusic 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Marty. This sounds really great. I love the writing, the arrangement and the production. Your lyrics are excellent. The standout for me was Verse 2 where you said...
Everything we try seems another way to prove we lost the love we found. We should hear our song is changing, and rewrite it to a fade. We tried our best and failed. Our love boat simply sailed. Our course is clearly laid.
When you sang, "we lost the love we found" it really hit home. Those words were very powerful and they setup the last line of the verse so that it really resonated and made me think a lot. Musicianship sparkles everywhere in this creation. --Noel
WOW, thanks, Noel. Really appreciate your depth and wonderful comment.
Originally Posted by rayc
I took this as a piece of delayed gratification Marty. I saw it, I wanted to listen straight away but decided to wait until I had a clear mind and expectations has peaked. The TexMex elements work wonderfully with the added steel and, of course, your bass. Lyrically this is a cool rumination of the cycle of relationships carried by an ace melody. Cool vocal - though perhaps a little too far back in the mix. Ace steel. Another classic Martypiece from the fecund furry. I enjoyed it heaps.
HAHA. Thanks, Ray. Love your gift of gab-- your turn of a phrase-- your eloquent form of comunication. It's funny how we're always telling each other to turn up vocals.
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Your optimism shines through even in a breakup song - for example the last line: “Some people say it's still better than never. So maybe we'll be better friends.” Man there is enough lyric there for three of our writes! smile Your vocals and bass are most excellent. We like the feel of the Tex Mex drums and the accordion. The pedal steel sounds great And that cool vid that must’ve taken quite a bit of time. Enjoyed it! J&B
Thanks, J&B. I'm more of a sophist. If someone gets overly positive, I'll throw some negatives at them. hehe Curating stills from CoPiot is much more rewarding than trying to find the right video on pexels or pixabay.
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Marty, A deep write. A story well-told. Clever twisty title... Cool tracks. Nice to hear an accordion well used. Well sung. Good Mix. fj
Thank you, floyd. Like lyrics, I'm not sure where that accordion idea came from, but I needed something different for those parts, and it worked nicely.
Replies 22 Views 454 Read More
Re: RB ICON ARRANGEMENT. Rob Helms 9 hours ago Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Like the custom tab in BiaB +1 Many of the icons are already under tabs like the window views. Many others could be placed under a tab and then many could be eliminated so that the icon area at the top does not take up 25% of the screen real estate. Clean this up and RB would look far better and more space available for the tracks and such.
Replies 1 Views 20 Read More
Re: Reset Tracks window Rob Helms 9 hours ago Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1
Replies 3 Views 51 Read More
Re: Desert moon Janice & Bud 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Clint Eastwood in a very contemplative mood. The band is excellent and it is very impressive how well you expressed the song with only one solo RT - the trumpet. Those BG RT’s were well chosen and mixed. Enjoyed it! J&B
Re: Audacity gets free AI plugins windows only for now shlind 9 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I just double clicked on the downloaded installer file and it installed ok, it was several steps but all automatic, and I was on-line. But Audacity needs to be 3.5.0 (I had 3.5.1 and had to find the older version). But now it works.
Replies 23 Views 1,782 Read More
Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind Janice & Bud 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well done ... tambourine shaking time! Nice performance on vocal and ax. Enjoyed it, J&B
Replies 7 Views 141 Read More
Re: Lost At Love MarioD 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Man that sax exudes emotion. Perfect title. Another brilliant instrumental!
Originally Posted by cubanpete
Hm, some Gato Barbieri sound going on there. Well done Mario! Cheers Mike B.
Thanx so much gentlemen for taking the time to listen and comment on this little quick and dirty song of mine. I greatly appreciate you input.
Replies 18 Views 202 Read More
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie Birchwood 9 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Dave, Janne, Scott, Misha, Chulaivet, Wao and Noel, As I wrote in my previous post, I'm late again with responding. I think that is a bad habit of me... I was and am happy with all your comments! Believe it or not, ok, some needed some more attention than others, but untill now I think I'm very fond with your posts. Having said that, I will pay some attention to the individual post from you, the 7 last one, I presume.
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Hi Hans, Excellent song! Love the arrangement and the dynamics. Just love your vocal on this one, and the blend of your voice with Anne-Marie's is fabulous. Well done!
Dave, very kind of you. And you're right about the match between my and AM's vocals. I think with those BG's she really shined!
Originally Posted by jannesan
What a sad and touching song. Great lines like "When aging arrives, its grip is unkind" and "I accept to walk another track/It's my body that tells me to wait". Your arrangements are always interesting, in this folky waltz tune with both grieving violin and hurtful guitar reflect the message that is easy for me to relate to. Not that I'm that old, but I have passed the point where the bright future lies ahead. Great vocal performance by you and AM (whose lovely backing vocals have also graced my songs long time ago...), fitting together nicely. Good work with the video, I like the ending with the lid closing, one story/song is finished, but the next one is coming... Janne
Janne, you have good eyes for the details, like that closing of the laptop at the end. And that man also puts down his pencil. I think most older people with pc's still have a pencil close at hand. I have too! Still I think, and I hope you too, around a corner somewhere a tiny, surprising future can be waiting. For instance when it comes to your music. I think a lot of people like it. When you were younger you didn't have the time to spend on music making. And then came BiaB and AI, and suddenly the (second) future lays ahead for you! At least it's a nice tought...
Originally Posted by Scott C
What a lovely song Hans. Very moving lyric and delicate vocal. Anne-Maries harmonies were such a nice add to the song. Loved how the energy built through song. Excellent production and mix. Really well done..
Scott, thanks a lot. Besides all those nice things you said, I also liked that phrase about the build up of the energy during the song. The first heavy guitars were in, but we felt it was unfinished. That solo with the 'Roma violin' was also a bit soft, but I loved to keep it in. AM suggested a heavy guitar after that solo and I thought it would be better after her last BG 'vocals'. I won ;-)
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Hans & Anne-Marie While subject is sad, it's a very strong tune and listens well. Excellent vocals, almost spoken expression by you. I do wish Anne-Marie vocals would be slightly louder. (They do work very nicely with yours) Very neat, layered instrumental arrangement and good mix. Almost like C. Aznavour on steroids smile Thank you for sharing. Misha.
Misha, I could never have even imagined being compared to Mr. 'She' Aznavour. But surprises do appear to exist!!! I'm now practicing to sing his oeuvre. Only the steroids make my wife a little nervous... There was a tiny reason why her vocals were kept a bit less loud, and not because I am the boss. Thanks for your so nice post.
Originally Posted by chulaivet1966
Howdy Birch.... Well....being late to this party everyone else has said it all. And, I agree with them. Very poignant lyrics and a personal vox delivery. (I can relate....I just became a pair of 77s recently). Well done, I enjoyed the listen!
Chulaivett, what nice post! And what nice you became a pair of 7's. I thought you were much younger, your artistname says chulaivett1966! Now we are a bit apart in age, two years... I win :-)))
Originally Posted by WaoBand
The instrumentation and production in this song are excellent. The Anne-Marie vocals are first class.
Wao, I thought you've already posted your reaction. The Roma violins were dissapointing you wrote. But you also gave compliments. But I love you repeated the compliments 2 times. Thanks for that!!
Hi Hans. You and Anne-Marie have done a fantastic job. In the past, I have always loved listening to each of you sing. Having you both together in a single song is great ear-candy for me smile And your voices fit together so very, very well. Kudos to you on this work! I have to confess that I empathise with way too many of the lyrics. I love what you've created and what the two of you have produced. --Noel P.S. I enjoyed the lyric video too! That was a good touch.
Noell, what a lovely post you wrote. Thanks for that! And yes, I remember you have listened to my songs before. And coincidentally, I was thinking about you about a week before you posted this (really!) I missed you for some time. I also saw you have a new song now on the forum. I listen to it very soon! Thank you all for this, and for now... back to work! Hans
Replies 29 Views 708 Read More
Re: Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One chulaivet1966 10 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well good mornin' J&B....and all others
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Cool Latin vibe! "Someone told me long ago wisdom comes with age." Hmmm ... if so then I should be a LOT wiser! smile Nice mix, band and performances. Enjoyed the listen! J&B
Ha....good catch. It seems my post 'slump' enthusiasm clouded my lyrical judgement. I think I got bamboozled out of wisdom result too. Probably should read: "Rumors swirling long ago that wisdom comes with age." OR "Have you heard the latest joke that wisdom comes with age": On a serious note, I thank you very much for giving it a listen and the kind comments. It's quite appreciated. Hope all is well and have a great day.
Re: Bar setting at beat level MarioD 10 hours ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Adding to AT's message if you need an exact example:
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,632
Posts735,244
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184