Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: One Night In Broken Arrow firesong Yesterday at 08:26 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bob...well that was different...intriguing for sure...you always excel lyrically and produce great stories and poetry in your work...love the intro...raw and dirty...the electric is very cool...another stellar production and arrangement of the band!
Replies 22 Views 268 Read More
New song: Secrets And Lies (Ken Lasaine on guitars) chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 08:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good day all…. I’ve been trying to scratch my way out of a creative deficit lately (being several months) and finally came up with this one. Throwing it against the forum wall It’s called Secrets And Lies.. . Many thanks to Ken (klasaine) for his generous time, ears and musicianship. To any that give it a spin we thank you and hope you found it worthy of your time. (to dispel any possible rumors….NO….I’ve never been a vigilante or spy. Although, humans have done things that make my blood boil and I’ll look fondly at option #2 :)) https://www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject (1st one on the list) https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966 (1st one on the list) EDIT: I forgot to add the style info: _BOOGIE1.STY TexasBoogie 2 Guitars (140 RS) All-RealTrks, 2 Texas Boogie guits. 1st style uses crisp clean Blues sound, sync. for A & classic riff for B. 2nd guit grittier, shuffle for A, quarters for B. (El.Bass, El.Guitar, El.Guitar, Drums=NashvilleShuffle^01-HiHat,Ri de) BIAB: drums/bass/piano Vox, lyrics, music: me Guitars: Ken Lasaine. [b]Intro: Chorus: Secrets and lies when you work under cover. (Careful what you say. Keep your story straight). Steady and sly when you work under cover. (Careful what you say) Secrets and lies….secrets and lies. Verse 1 “You know your mission, we got your back. We’re taking no prisoners. They’re the worst of the bad. Stage a situation to look good in their eyes. Give it some time and they’ll invite you inside.” Secrets and lies….secrets and lies. Verse 2 Dressed to the nines with a very cool pad. Strutting around town in a shiny sedan. Add a bit of flash with some money to spend. Play the role and treat them all like you’re friends.” Chorus: Secrets and lies when you work under cover. (Careful what you say. Keep your story straight). Steady and sly when you work under cover. (Careful what you say) Verse 3 Breaking out the good stuff to help them relax over easy conversation how you won at the tracks. Spin a few tales of the crimes in your past. Not a word of it’s true, just part of the act. If you’re feeling suspicion, deflect and deceive. Some misdirection may be just what you need. Be cool under pressure, with tricks up your sleeve. Have a good story, one they’ll believe. Chorus: Lead break: verse music & chorus music Verse 4 I had a mission, here’s what they said: “We‘re taking no prisoners, they’re the worst of the bad.” The mission’s accomplished, according to plan. The world’s a better place you can trust me on that. Chorus: Vamp out: with Bm & ‘secrets and lies. Copyright: Wayne Evans – music & lyrics March 17, 2024 23:10
Replies 3 Views 40 Read More
Re: "Guitar Love" - (country ballad/instrumental) firesong Yesterday at 08:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Carl...as usual you have played and produced a beautiful guitar ballad...the arrangement and mix are exquisite...a gentle and peaceful piece for sure.
Replies 6 Views 76 Read More
Re: One Foot in Heaven firesong Yesterday at 08:15 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fred...beautiful song...very thought provoking lyrically...a sad song and a cello...you can't go wrong there...really nice vocal and a super acoustic guitar track...top-shelf for sure.
Replies 2 Views 47 Read More
Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind firesong Yesterday at 08:09 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ronnie...a cooker!....love it ...I think that's the first time I've ever heard the word "apostolic" used in a song...and I've heard a lot of gospel songs in my life, trust me...it's a great word and you put it in a really nice song...was that you on the Variax? nice touch!...it sounds like you've attended an "apostolic Holy Ghost revival" a time or two...good song brother!
Replies 4 Views 79 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator MarioD Yesterday at 07:18 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Suno, or any other Ai, and BiaB are just tools and you can choose to use them or not.
Replies 22 Views 6,114 Read More
One Foot in Heaven fgrittner Yesterday at 07:13 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com/track/one-foot-in-heaven One Foot in Heaven Burned the candle at both ends Burned up all the midnight oil Here I stand Soot on my hands Nothing left to make my blood boil CHORUS Crazy times will go on forever I was certain up until today Dancing on the head of a needle Got one foot in heaven With hell to pay One foot in heaven With hell to pay The highway of life has an exit Marked with a bright dollar sign Driving by feel One hand on the wheel Inching closer to the borderline CHORUS Whiskey train keeps a-rolling To the station up at kingdom come Keep filling my glass Making time pass Go for broke my one rule of thumb CHORUS
Replies 2 Views 47 Read More
Re: "Guitar Love" - (country ballad/instrumental) camog Yesterday at 07:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks very much Ron - took a few goes getting the mix & mastering better after my hearing issue, luckily it was something I could fix myself (hearing back to normal, phew!). Appreciate your very kind comments - and thanks for listening! Best wishes, Carl
Re: "Guitar Love" - (country ballad/instrumental) DC Ron Yesterday at 06:35 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Carl, lovely song, and your touch and tone are divine. The production sounds perfect to me, glad your hearing loss was temporary.
Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind DC Ron Yesterday at 06:28 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ronnie, this sounds great! Don't recall you pulling out a guitar solo before, but that turned out great, too! Very inspired, I enjoyed it.
Replies 4 Views 79 Read More
Re: One Night In Broken Arrow Noel96 Yesterday at 06:23 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Bob. What a journey! You've done a superb job capturing a dream-like sequence with somewhat haunting overtones. The imagery in these lyrics is breathtaking and as the lyrics unfold, the pictures filled my mind. The writing skills and musicianship on show here are of the highest order. You've got my standing ovation! --Noel
Replies 22 Views 268 Read More
Re: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST Noel96 Yesterday at 06:11 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Elliott. What a fantastic song and brilliant production! The Synth V vocals are amazing. They sounded fully real to me. If you hadn't said that these were vocaloids, I wouldn't have been able to tell. I love groove. I love the lyrics. This was a very satisfying musical journey. --Noel
Replies 14 Views 227 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator Callie - PG Music Yesterday at 06:00 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musiclover
...now if somehow we could get something like that to work within biab.
Although not within Band-in-a-Box, in this video Bob Doyle Media shows how Suno can be used as a great starting point, especially when you pair it with Band-in-a-Box!
-Callie
Re: The Mystery of Creative Flow dcuny Yesterday at 05:10 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
As a computer programmer and a musician, I have experienced is crossing over from "still learning to do it" into "performing with little effort". I assume anyone who drives a car or rides a bike has the same experience. For example, when I'm playing a piano part that I haven't completely internalized, I'll have think about what I'm doing. When I reach for a specific interval of notes, I need to double-check that my fingers have landed at the expected anchor points, and the stretch of my fingers matches the interval. It's hard because I'm still learning it as I'm playing, and learning takes a lot of work. In contrast, when I've internalized all that, it takes far less mental effort - I can just reach for the interval, confident that the I'll hit the mark. Of course, sometimes that confidence is misplaced. wink Because I'm not a great player, I'm always ready to strip complexity from my playing in order to maintain that groove. If I'm coming up to something that I won't be able to execute at the full level of complexity, I'll figure out how much it needs to be pared down so that I can keep the groove.
Replies 11 Views 135 Read More
Re: BIAB 2022: Notation window font size shrinks on every open? bowlesj Yesterday at 04:39 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Andrew, I am using Windows 7 and will be using it until MuitiCharts no longer runs on it. I typically run BIAB 32 bit but I can also run 64 bit. On the notebook I run BIAB 2016 and would never have any need for the notation screen. I am considering but hesitating to install BIAB 2022 on the notebook. I will go a head and test this issue now on the 64 bit. It does it on the 64 bit as well. John
Replies 10 Views 281 Read More
Re: BIAB 2022: Notation window font size shrinks on every open? Andrew - PG Music Yesterday at 04:35 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Which Windows OS do you have? Specifically which version and build of Band-in-a-Box do you have right now - Confirm in the Help | About screen. Are you running bbw.exe (32bit version) or bbw64.exe?
Replies 10 Views 281 Read More
Re: Are You Getting Ready? firesong Yesterday at 03:55 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
Captivating intro with that great sounding acoustic guitar ... then the drum beats into a powerful groove. Excellent vocals, mix, production, melody.
Elliot...thanks for your thoughts...I appreciate it...Dan
Originally Posted by MarioD
Christian rock at its best. Super intro followed by a great groove. The synth voices sound very organic! As usual outstanding lyrics.
Thanks Mario...Christian rock is not my strong suit but I like it and these young voices allow me to record my CR stuff...you are always so encouraging...Dan
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Dan. This is incredible listening. You've created an amazing song and a stellar production. In addition, your use of Synth V's vocaloids Hayden and Natalie is outstanding (and then some). The vocal realism that you have managed to achieve is breathtaking. Honestly, they sounded like real people to me. Very, very impressive work! --Noel
Noel...thank you so much...I think this song showed me the potential for Synth V recording...vocal realism is the challenge for sure...getting the kids to sing with emotion and passion may not be in the cards...thanks again...Dan
Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
such a smooth song, although I normally write southern and country gospel, this is a wonderful song. the mix is superb
Ronnie...I always appreciate your comments...Dan
Replies 8 Views 115 Read More
Re: Klezmer style - Freilach or bulgar Matt Finley Yesterday at 03:50 PM Forum: Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I was friends with a rather famous Klezmer clarinetist, and his music was quite varied. I imagine if you asked me to make a "Jazz" style, my idea of jazz would probably not match yours, so I understand your question. If you are happy with the quality of styles from Notes Norton, but the style is not quite right, perhaps send him some links and see what he could do for a future release.
Replies 8 Views 182 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator dcuny Yesterday at 03:37 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Uwe Schwarz
@dcuny Ready for the next step? Try udio.com. This should soon offer stems download and is currently beta. It's stereo.
Yeah, it appears to be the "next big thing" in AI music. And unlike Suno, it appears that Udio is actually licensing their material. However, AI generated material still can't be copyrighted. But while I find AI generated music interesting, I'm not really interested in using AI generated music because it does all the parts of the music that I consider to be what makes it my own.
Re: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST Janice & Bud Yesterday at 02:31 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hair band galore! Simply stated you nailed every aspect of that vibe. Your performance 👍🎸 and the synth guys are great. One of the best RD tracks we’ve heard. The lyric is perfecto for the feel. Nice to see PG Music featured it on Hot Topics. Kudos, J&B
Replies 14 Views 227 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator Guitarhacker Yesterday at 01:58 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Suddenly I feel so..... what's the word????? Useless?
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie Rustyspoon# Yesterday at 01:47 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hans & Anne-Marie While subject is sad, it's a very strong tune and listens well. Excellent vocals, almost spoken expression by you. I do wish Anne-Marie vocals would be slightly louder. (They do work very nicely with yours) Very neat, layered instrumental arrangement and good mix. Almost like C. Aznavour on steroids smile Thank you for sharing. Misha.
Replies 25 Views 596 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder Guitarhacker Yesterday at 01:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Cool tune.... Well, that particular fellow has a problem with alcohol and should really get some help. Left untreated it's downward spiral that rarely ends well. This isn't his first time. Then again, it could be that old saying at play that "bad publicity is still publicity."
Replies 5 Views 55 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator Uwe Schwarz Yesterday at 01:43 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
@dcuny Ready for the next step? Try udio.com. This should soon offer stems download and is currently beta. It's stereo.
Re: PG users who are rock guitarists…need your help. justanoldmuso Yesterday at 01:38 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. There are so many guitar products out there it's tough to find the time to test them…lol. also i can't justify buying a high end unit…not just because of the price but because of how tech gets obsolete so fast. I agree with you. I also find very intrusive protection schemes a pita. I feel pg have it just right ie protection of their intellectual property but not being overly intrusive. ive put a suggestion/wish in the wishlist forum whereby AT THE OPTION of the rt artist…in their bio they include what gear they used on which rt's. i believe it should be optional because the session pro…to be fair…often derives their family income because of their own tricks and sweat. one reason i posted the wish was it might be a great 'learning opportunity' for guitarists new to music production ... .as in like me…'how did they get that great rt sound'. Now I have a lot of guitar product testing to do….lol. let me say imho mike durham is a huge talent. so i'm experimenting more with his rt's in my rock songs. some of the punk and other rock rt's i'm not into cos too fizzy. but ive also been experimenting with ways to make them less fizzy. Thanks again everyone. given me lots to think about. I wish to make things easier pg includes a great guitar modeller plugin with lots of models etc. including the classic rock sounds people love… eg like synthmaster for synths but for guitars. its like a lifelong journey to find those groovy guitar sounds...lol. happiness. om
Replies 15 Views 302 Read More
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,636
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193