Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
BIAB 2024 demo sampler & latest features Brian Johnston Yesterday at 11:52 AM Forum: My Favorite Things Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I did a video using some of the latest styles as I address some of the latest features. https://rumble.com/v4qvf0x-band-in-a-box-2024-demo-sampling.html
Replies 0 Views 24 Read More
Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? justanoldmuso Yesterday at 11:40 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
SBM. there is no getting away from the fact that one misses usefull sounds by useing just search. one must be willing to once a year...which is what i do...set up a file on the pc with 3 columns... rt number. name...and ones comments on the rt ... and i give a star rating from one to five on each rt...and comments like fantastic or ok etc. then go through every single rt and use the spreadsheet file above. if i hadnt done the above i wouldnt have discovered some of the sound nuggets for the 3 songs in my sig...eg the little tremolo gtr twice used in the pretty girl song which ive had positive comments about and same for the heavy gtr in the stallion song...and same for the banjo in bankerman which made me go 'wait a minute...i got a bgrass song idea'. there are loads of gems in pg content to discover. i know its lots of work but its the only way imho so one doesnt miss usefull sounds to use in songs. think of it like your in a studio as a producer auditioning session pros and deciding which ones to use in a song. hth om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Replies 5 Views 190 Read More
Re: What utility do you use to read/change MIDI files? justanoldmuso Yesterday at 11:26 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Paj. i agree ...ptw is underated...as is rb viz midi. its nice to see you appreciate it cos i feel too few users realise the value. big studios i once frequented sometimes were amazed at its features when i showed examples compared to what they wereuseing. getting older ive forgotten lots of my old midi tricks... fun days. om
Replies 17 Views 509 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) Janice & Bud Yesterday at 11:26 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rayc
This is a little package of sunshine. Details and the feel are wonderful. The turnaround is a perfect piece in the construction. Fab vocals, lyrics and performances mix n mastered just right.
We appreciate that Ray. It was a fun production. And Thanks for mentioning the turnaround. J&B
Replies 31 Views 866 Read More
Re: What is a Chorus? justanoldmuso Yesterday at 11:06 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
gordon. just keep the x N option for jazzers....and freeform sections track under timeline would reflect that....? question ...from some friends of mine in the past who were jazzers there are often slight variations in different choruses so the sections track could reflect this ? eg in chorus 3 the piano diverts from the usual or the commercial version eg the blacknwhite vid and thus the sections track the music director or song creator could enter 'piano scat ' ? thus gordon the sections track could also be used for production notes ? i use layers currently for this as in 'silent piano for 8 bars note to myself to remind me when laying out a song...ie the sections track is an expansion of the layers concept ? just an idea. om
Replies 20 Views 759 Read More
Re: ! laurent4114 Yesterday at 10:51 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I listened to 2 of your songs (secrets and lies, time waits for no one) and I really like them. There is rhythm and energy. Laurent
Replies 16 Views 303 Read More
Re: My tango for Django laurent4114 Yesterday at 10:41 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
On s'y croirait: le retour du Hot Club de France. Super Christian! Laurent
Replies 10 Views 87 Read More
Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? musocity Yesterday at 09:34 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Filter by "Acoustic Muted" you can use midi with a virtual instrument to get that.
Re: One Night In Broken Arrow rsdean Yesterday at 09:21 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Noel, Thanks. I appreciate the very kind words. Bob
Replies 27 Views 614 Read More
Re: The Seacret of Country Songs' revealed Brno Yesterday at 07:35 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks again. I'm a veteran too - born in 1953. Having great passtime with BiaB and Reaper at my home studio in Helsinki, Finland.
Replies 4 Views 74 Read More
Re: One Foot in Heaven fgrittner Yesterday at 03:24 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
That's one heckuva good opening verse. The song has an ethereal quality. The addition of the string instruments adds to the mood. Memorable tune.
Thanks. The first verse jumped out one morning as I awoke. Set the tone for the rest of the song.
Replies 15 Views 306 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro DrDan Yesterday at 02:54 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mission Accomplished! grin I got my chords and they sound fantastic in my EZK2 midi track. The fix for me was just extremely careful observation of the steps as I did them and keeping track of the right files. SMP and MuseScore and EZK2 all settled down and behaved themselves once I showed them who was boss. Now I move on to the next stage. I am mixing in live bass and drums which have played over the original utube video. Unfortunately, neither the video or the bass performance appears to have played to a click. So I am having synch issues with my new Midi EZKeys track. I will have to make some manual adjustments - Either in the midi track or in the Bass Audio track? Any recommendations? Don't say "make a tempo map" in Reaper, cause I have no idea how to do that, dispite my study of the tutorials.
Replies 84 Views 6,242 Read More
Re: Hello and a couple questions Matt Finley Yesterday at 02:08 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I was confused that the chords weren’t in the right measures, so I didn’t consider transposition.?
Replies 11 Views 231 Read More
Re: Square Peg Izzy Yesterday at 02:03 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you Mario. I notice that you are willing (brave enough) to go outside your comfort zone and try different genres. Good for you!!! Keeps things fresh and interesting.
Replies 11 Views 212 Read More
Re: Computer Hacked Bass Thumper Yesterday at 01:45 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Alan, I know you're a smart guy, so I'm assuming you've got anti-virus software. So do you know how the hack happened? And is there a reason you're posting this to the Showcase instead of another forum such as Off - Topic?
Replies 2 Views 81 Read More
Re: Hello and a couple questions Noel96 Yesterday at 12:30 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Matt, Scott mentioned using the "Guitar capo" visual transpose in his original post. I'm guessing that that's the option found under "Chord Display". When I set that option to having a capo on the second fret, I get what Scott posted. Unlike Scott's post, though, I also get the correct chord on the lead sheet. I suspect that the incorrect chord that Scott sees is a bug (as you've already mentioned) with the Mac version of the program. --Noel ★ my latest song: Till The End Of Time
Which guitar RT is similar to this one? swingbabymix Yesterday at 12:27 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The kind of strumming at the beginning is hard for me to find in BIAB RT. Is there any? Can you tell me which one it is? Thanks
Re: ♫ Till The End Of Time Noel96 Yesterday at 12:21 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Noel, This is an absolutely beautiful love song... One of the best ballads I have heard in years. Your vocal is superb and the production is perfect. Love these backing tracks, especially what you have done with the MIDI here. Awesome all around - great to hear you with a new song! Bob
Hi Bob. Thanks for taking the time to have a listen and to comment smile I'm relieved to read that everything works for you as I've spent the last couple of weeks tweaking things and trying different approaches. Honestly, the mixing was becoming a nightmare for me. In the end, I just took a deep breath and said to myself, "It's now or never!" and posted. All the very best. --Noel
Replies 9 Views 88 Read More
Re: Missing RealTracks Picker in BBPlugin musocity 04/21/24 11:58 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I know I had to take the same approach with Reaper calling on BBW using AutoHotkey scripts that I ran from a Lua script in Reaper to access Biab functions then I could write the data to clipboard to send to Biab and copy to send back to Reaper.
Code
reaper.ExecProcess([[cmd.exe /C " cd ]] .. [[C:\\Program Files\\AutoHotkey & AutoHotkey.exe]]..[[ "]]..script_path..[[ahk\scripts\play.ahk"]],0) 
reaper.CF_SetClipboard( start_measures ..",".. number_measures )
text_tempo = reaper.CF_GetClipboard()

that was all a lot of messing around so I just put it all in one script to read the current frozen SGU and transfer instantly. Why have a hidden Biab running in the background when you can run the main Biab app and instantly transfer giving a lot more control ? [Linked Image] But eventually I can't see any other way than a self-contained crossplatform JUCE plugin that does it all, and works the same instantly in all DAWs. It just takes way too many years getting there, I'm gettin' old frown [Linked Image]
Replies 10 Views 343 Read More
Re: One Foot in Heaven Ezekiel's Storm 04/21/24 11:02 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That's one heckuva good opening verse. The song has an ethereal quality. The addition of the string instruments adds to the mood. Memorable tune.
Replies 15 Views 306 Read More
Re: Computer Hacked Ezekiel's Storm 04/21/24 10:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good luck! "Computer Hacked" would be an excellent title for a song. grin
Replies 2 Views 81 Read More
Re: ! chulaivet1966 04/21/24 10:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well....howdy Daley Knightly. Very cool video and I dig the name. Well done....I enjoyed it.. Hey BT.... Those are some very kind comments and much appreciate you taking the time to chime in and comment favorably. smile....Know this weed hopper....I'm a secret junkie for the cool jams you refer to so I have to use discretion and restraint in that arena. I could easily find a way to add what you refer to. However, Ken puts up with my 16 bar lead sections and sneaky, simple bridge additions so I give him some slack on occasion. I'm glad it had a grab factor and it was worthy of the listen. Thanks again to everyone.
Replies 16 Views 303 Read More
Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One chulaivet1966 04/21/24 10:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good day all.... Well.... I've never written (2) songs back to back before so I'll throw this one against the wall too. A song about life and how we sometimes fail to grasp it and it's unknown adventures or opportunities. You know, the "without some risk there's no reward" thing. My sincere thanks to Ken (klasaine) for his time and musicianship on this new one. He's the best and easy to work with. Thanks also to any that give it a spin and hope you find it worthy of your time. ***I stumbled upon this salsa track and knew it could drag something out of me eventually. 60s and 70s Pop-Brazilian. 5 insts. (piano, bass, guitar, in drums, perc. & strings. 'b' is more intense w/ Timbale figure. T=102 (M-Finger Electric Bass, M-Ac.Piano, M-NylonGuitar, M-Strings, Drums=Salsa^5-HiHatOpen 60s and 70s Pop-Brazilian. 5 insts. (piano, bass, guitar, in drums, perc. & strings. 'b' is more intense w/ Timbale figure. T=102 (M-Finger Electric Bass, M-Ac.Piano, M-NylonGuitar, M-Strings, Drums=Salsa^5-HiHatOpen BIAB: drums, bass, piano Ken: all guitars Me: All the vox and I also added a conga track. Time Waits For No One (100 bpm Key: Bm 3:21) ​ Intro: Verse 1 Born alone, eyes tightly closed awaiting your first cry. When you strike out on your own, so begins your life. Every path will ebb and flow to swells of ocean waves. You’ve done your time says every line etched deeply on your face. Chorus Time waits for no one, there’s choices to be made. Time waits for no one, so board that ship before it sails. Bm7 (4 bars) interlude Verse 2 Looking back at old regrets and possibilities So easy to get lost in thought and dreamy reveries. Younger voices calling you for choices never made. Life’s a stormy marathon, can’t always play it safe Chorus Time waits for no one, there’s choices to be made. Time waits for no one, so board that ship before it sails. Bridge: Lead break: verse + chorus. Verse: Bm7 (41-56) Chorus: (57-60) Bridge: Verse 3 Someone told me long ago wisdom comes with age. Get used to all the highs and lows accept what can’t be changed. Without some risk there’s no reward. The nature of the game. Young or old, keep pushin’ on. Forward is the way. Chorus Time waits for no one. There’s choices to be made. Time waits for no one so board that ship before it sails. Vamp to end: Bm7 (8 bars) (81-84) Copyright: Wayne Evans – music & lyrics April 10, 2024 17:00
Replies 2 Views 28 Read More
Re: Hello and a couple questions Matt Finley 04/21/24 10:18 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I downloaded your song from Dropbox but it does not resemble what you first posted. The downloaded song, Marianne, is in Bbm (five flats in the key signature) and does not have the chords you showed. The style is Old Time Bluegrass. Different song?
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi Janice & Bud 04/21/24 10:01 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Scott C
This is really good. Very different groove and tempo. Janice's vocal was perfect for the song. The song really grew on me as it went along. Really well done..
Thank you Scott! Janice
Replies 48 Views 1,096 Read More
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,608
Posts735,032
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185