Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: If only (I could make a wish), rocky ballad by Deej56 @ 10/02/22 08:35 PM

Hans, So good to see you back on the board . . . and more importantly to hear something new from you. Creative write and that chorus is powerful, some beautiful harmonies accented by the strings . . . and then that rockier shift in the second verse. And, wow, love the delay/reverb in that third verse. Great arrangement, mix, and production. Terrific listen! And sorry about your cat—I’ve got two and if one slipped away I’d be devastated. Maybe he’ll find his/her way back yet. Impr
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I Used To Relish My Time Alone by Deej56 @ 10/02/22 08:30 PM

Peter and Leon— Nice write, nice production, resulting in a really good tune. The tin whistle, which I thought at first was a flute, works really well—nicely melodic within the mix, which I think is sometimes difficult to do. The mix overall sounds really good to me—vocal sits nicely in the mix. Really smooth arrangement—well done! Love that stop at 3:50 and the ending from there on—very creative and well executed. Great job, guys! Deej
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW SONG POST: September in Seattle by Deej56 @ 10/02/22 08:27 PM

Greg, Lovely song, lovely melody. Just an excellent write and your vocal slays. Great song structure on the write as well. Wonderful specifics and terrific lines throughout. One of my favorites from you—just outstanding. Agree that ending is really well done! My very humble regards, Deej
User Showcase
Thomas, Sorry to have missed this one--sounds like it was a great listen. Will look forward to more of your posts regardless. Stay safe, stay well-- Deej
User Showcase
Originally Posted By: Janice & BudGood heavens! Is that the THE Rachel Price of Lake Street Dive? It assuredly sounds like her. Yes Janice & Bud, she does sound a bit like Rachael Price! I'm old enough to be her father. But I didn't know anyone here would recognize this, so now I have to take down the link, since this was just an experimental demo, and the released version will have all real players (not BIAB). But this may explain how I have used BIAB as a tool to arrange and
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW SONG POST: September in Seattle by Sundance @ 10/02/22 07:31 PM

Really pretty song Greg and loved the harmony and cool ending. Second one I've heard on here today with a really cool ending. I just rewatched the old movie Sleepless In Seattle a couple of weeks ago Well done. Josie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I Used To Relish My Time Alone by Sundance @ 10/02/22 07:27 PM

I was also enjoying the song thought it was ending with some really nice harmony when it shifted into third gear. And I just rode the wave of mighty fine picking on home! Cool song and loved the arrangement guys! Josie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I Used To Relish My Time Alone by PeterF @ 10/02/22 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: raycPeter & Leon, another reflective, sombre and excellent song. Perfect arrangement for the vibe and vocal. Well done gents. Thanks Ray Peter
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Mystic Chords (co-write with floyd jane) by Janice & Bud @ 10/02/22 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's StormExceptional write. Sounds like a hit song to me. "in the corner, a battered Martin left for dead while mystic chords of memory play... in his head" Great lyric hook! Vocal is wonderful (as I have come to expect quite a while ago) You are very kind and we all thank you. Glad you liked the hook also. J&B Originally Posted By: RobertkcA song for the still inspired has been in all of us! Gorgeous vocal rom Janice, which, with the plangen
User Showcase
Jump to new posts NEW SONG POST: September in Seattle by Greg Johnson @ 10/02/22 04:21 PM

Hello forum friends. Listening to some great stuff on the forum!! I've spent too much time away, but always love coming back. Thanks so much for all the kind comments on my last post! I always read them all, but don't like to push my song to the top if I'm gone for several days or a week. Just know they are very much appreciated. This is a song I got the idea for when I was briefly in Seattle in Sept. of '21. I just like the way the title rolled off the tongue. Hope you enjoy. Would
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: If only (I could make a wish), rocky ballad by Ezekiel's Storm @ 10/02/22 04:15 PM

The mix and mastering sounds good. I am still using Ozone 9; I haven't sprung for the upgrade yet. The lyrics are top notch, and your impassioned vocal carries the already good song.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts One Time by Ezekiel's Storm @ 10/02/22 04:10 PM

One Time This song comes from the same two-year-old shelf as "Two Hearts." My wife euphemistically told me then that it was not one of my best. Anyway, I have completely revamped it, trying to put new life into it. I changed all the instrumentation and style, and rerecorded the vocal. There is no chorus, but I tried to make it work. The Wrecking Crew: RT372 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank RT2585 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PunkHeldPlus RT3269 Cello, Background CelticHornpipeFlowingNa
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Windows Of Your Worries by Ezekiel's Storm @ 10/02/22 03:54 PM

A calm song to calm the worrier. I dig your message. I'm not much of a worrier either. Nice work Marty. The sax solo is a nice touch.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Windows Of Your Worries by Greg Johnson @ 10/02/22 03:53 PM

Really nice Marty!!! I doubt your wife likes to worry........some of us are just wired that way, despite the recognition that it isn't fun or productive. Love the message and feel of the song, and ALWAYS love the emotion in your vocal!! Great stuff!!! Take care. Greg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: If only (I could make a wish), rocky ballad by firesong @ 10/02/22 03:49 PM

Hans...great track...well sung...very interesting and engaging song...really fine production!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Tomorrow by Greg Johnson @ 10/02/22 03:48 PM

Hi Scott. It's like old home week!! Just listened to Steve Young who I hadn't heard in a long time, and you also return......what a good day!! This is a really cool song.......love the message and the way you put it to music!!! I think "the band" captured the vibe perfectly!!! NICE!!! Take care. Greg
Off-Topic
https://500songs.com/podcast/episode-153-heroes-and-villains-by-the-beach-boys/ I’m finding this episode interesting so will listen to others
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Your Love by Greg Johnson @ 10/02/22 03:44 PM

SO, SO, SO Glad to see you back here Steve!!!! You have always been one of my favorites!!! This is really pretty!! Glad your wife is doing well and that you were able to make the move. Sounds like everything is looking up, and I'm looking forward to you "pestering" us frequently!!! Take care. Greg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The River Of Eternity by Greg Johnson @ 10/02/22 03:40 PM

Really pretty song!!! A friend of mine is really into Blue Nile, and I learned of them through him....they are a great band! This song is so well written, arranged and produced, and the vocalist does a great job!!! Take care. Greg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I'd Rather Drink Muddy Water by NigelSpiers @ 10/02/22 03:36 PM

Hi B.D. Thomas, Thanks for your comments - much appreciated. Best Regards Nigel
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: If only (I could make a wish), rocky ballad by Greg Johnson @ 10/02/22 03:34 PM

Cool song!!!! Your vocals are always great, and this is no exception!! Very good arrangement/production!! Sorry to hear about your cat. My favorite cat (who was clueless outside the house) disappeared many years ago.....still miss him! Nice song!!! Take care. Greg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: A Perfect Stranger PBX retracked, mastered & video. by Greg Johnson @ 10/02/22 03:30 PM

Very cool song!!! All of the production sounds great to me! Nicely done!! Take care. Greg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: You Got My Head In The Clouds - New Big Band song by Greg Johnson @ 10/02/22 03:26 PM

Sundance, you're a woman after my own heart!! I love the big band thing and the old fun, romantic tunes!!! Really nicely done!!! Take care. Greg
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I Used To Relish My Time Alone by firesong @ 10/02/22 03:20 PM

Peter...super track...soulful and contemplative lyrics are set in such a good palate...I really love the transition from the acoustic to the electric...it finalizes the song with a powerful lead and expresses so much emotion...the fade is perfect...well written...well sung...and well produced!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Tomorrow by firesong @ 10/02/22 03:10 PM

Scott...really nice song...it sure does have a Buffet vibe...great use of the nylon stringed guitar...great solo...you nailed the percussion...your efforts were worth the wait (maybe not 40 years next time)...really enjoyed the listen!
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36561 Members
64 Forums
75770 Topics
667852 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Anonyrat, sullivan1973, waylonfbrooks, smithpick, jamit

36561 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 150
Matt Finley 85