Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Delay start? Possible? by berntd @ Today at 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: tonnieBerntd, I have an USB foot pedal connected to my laptop. So you could have your trombone ready and just press the pedal (with your foot), when you are ready to go. It can also halt (a tune) any time, which is ok when playing gigs and something would require you to stop in the middle of playing a tune. Tonnie Interesting! Could you please elaborate as to what pedal that is? I have not heard of such.
Matt, Thanks for your reply, but there are just too many real styles (especially those with horn backgrounds), that are not recorded with all the chords that can be entered into BiaB. So I had hoped for an answer, with the name of some real styles, that do play the chords I have entered. Tonnie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: All Of You by BlueAttitude @ Today at 02:07 AM

Man, I'm looking at your second post, looks like pure torture having to draw in all those notes! Guitar wise it sounds pretty good to me. To my ears a little more reverb might make it better. My go to for acoustic guitars is CLA Unplugged, I use that always on acoustic guitars. I think I hear a little timing issue right at the beginning, just before the phrase starts again, but I'm listening extra closely. But overall it's quite impressive. But most important, WOW, what a wonderful song! Ju
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Songs that made us Episode 2: Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen by JoanneCooper @ Today at 01:00 AM

Hello Band-ina-Box lovers Here is the second episode in my blog series "The songs that made us". This one was written by my daughter Holly. I have asked her to do one for me on The Boxer. (I think she writes much better than I do ) https://www.joannecooper.co.za/blog/blog/songs-that-made-us-episode-2-hallelujah-by-leonard-cohen Edited to add: I would appreciate it if you would consider sharing this post in your social circle.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: When the Morning Comes (a translitic song sketch) by TexasFrets @ Today at 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Torrey BlissTexasFrets, my first listen to your work here. I think you have the makings of a really good tune here! Your vocal sounds fantastic! Great playing on that harmonica. I realize you are probably sill working on the mix and will keep dialing it in! Keep on rockin! Thanks, Torrey Thanks, Torrey. I really appreciate it. Yes, I'm still working on it for sure. I'll likely do some rewriting and re-recording and definitely remix it. I'm certainly open to suggestions
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Time Passes (Peter on guitar) by TexasFrets @ Yesterday at 11:56 PM

Very compelling and moving. Beautiful voice and guitar. Wonderful harmonies. Excellent composition.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Come away with me by TexasFrets @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Great bluegrass! I thoroughly enjoyed listening. Definitely a fun ride!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Not quite the blues by TexasFrets @ Yesterday at 11:53 PM

Great job arranging those tracks. I really dig this piece.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Cry Over Me by TexasFrets @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

I enjoyed listening to your song. I'd like to read through your lyrics. Passively listening to the lyrics, I enjoyed them and found them catchy. I like how you worked the Brent Mason solo in. I thought it was you playing until I read otherwise above in your comments. Great job. Looking forward to hearing more of your songs.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: THE ROAD THAT LEADS ME HOME by TexasFrets @ Yesterday at 11:43 PM

Lovely melody and arrangement. I enjoyed listening.
Jump to new posts Re: Lyric Document Window [Resolved] by Keith from Oz @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

I've found that if I click somewhere away from the LDW the hot keys work fine. Another dumb problem solved.
Other PG Music Programs
Wouldn’t it be like a dream come true if Renee Rosnes and Miles Black could talk us through some of the harmony of this wonderful disk? A video or a text. I’d be more than willing to pay for that. That disk is so special and so mind blowing. I know that’s the harmony of Tom Harrell and Herbie Hancock and I’d love to know more about it. And, though I really try, I don’t understand it. Something like this: The Modern Jazz Pianist, pt2, Renee Rosnes and Miles Black masterclass Renee
Jump to new posts Re: Save with Volume on Thru by Keith from Oz @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

It's okay, I've found it. When you save a song there's a check box for Save/Load Thru setting for songs.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Social Distancing - just for a laugh by Matt Finley @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

“Gonna lose this blubber” - got that right.
I get this with the new Behringer UMC202HD. In the settings, I can see the microphone is 44100Hz sampling rate and the Speakers 48000Hz. There is no option to change this though. Perhaps someone has a solution? Regards Bernt
Jump to new posts Re: Song Endings: How do I just get it to end? by Matt Finley @ Yesterday at 07:14 PM

Good. If you choose, you can mark the first post as Resolved.
Jump to new posts Re: New Laptop, thinnish sound- not much bass by berntd @ Yesterday at 06:46 PM

Yes, of course. I however do question the the flatness of the sound coming from this new laptop. A pity that I can't try and compare this one to others that have B&O sound. It is not something one can easily test in the shops. The Behringer is unfortunately a piece of junk for outputting all that random noise as already mentioned.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts My New Rusty Rhodes Kontakt Instrument to download by Mike Head @ Yesterday at 05:15 PM

My New Rusty Rhodes Kontakt Instrument. Hi all Just had my first go at making my first Kontakt instrument. I had a few Rhodes piano samples so set about mapping them to a keyboard in Kontakt and making an instrument (Kontakt .nkt file) I squeezed another octave at each end, using the lowest and highest sample I had C1and C4 and stretching, Still sounds surprisingly good. Have uploaded to my boxnet for you as a 7-Zip file. Just unzip to your desktop or wherever you keep you Kontakt stuff. Y
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: "Love Sublime" by Tano Music @ Yesterday at 04:39 PM

Ray, David… Thanks for listening, I appreciate the comments, and thanks David for your extensive feedback on vocal processing… Very helpful!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Skeptic by Tano Music @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

Hans, Torrey... Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to listen. Glad you liked it!
Off-Topic
I did get an activation email almost immediately, some times things do go amiss, so if it was me I would either re-register again with a different email, or else contact support. But I am not sure how that works if you have redeemed the offer already.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Guitar and Orchestra by MarioD @ Yesterday at 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Torrey BlissMario, you always come up with interesting stuff! Beautiful in a strange sort of way! I've always felt you could do things that would work in film! Very nice! Thanks, T Thanx for those very kind words.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: That Morning, a melancholic song by Torrey Bliss @ Yesterday at 03:25 PM

Hans, this has been beautifully put together! The song is very good and you have done a great job with the vocals...I like the heavier vocal reverb on this! It suits the mood of the song well IMO! Another very good one from you! Thanks, T
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Integrating Akai MPK with Band in Box by Matt Finley @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

Welcome to the forum. If you have what I think you have, I used to have one of these until the USB-C jack broke. Treat the connection with care. It simply connects by a USB-C to USB cable to your laptop. BIAB will automatically recognize it as long as it is connected when you start BIAB. Then go into Options, Preferences, MIDI Driver. You should see your keyboard as a choice in the Input devices. This is just a keyboard for input and has no sound module, so it is not usable as an output
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Independence Day by Torrey Bliss @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Beautiful song James! Wonderful lyrics and a nice job putting the band together for this one! Thanks, T
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >
PG Music News
RealBand® Turns 12!

RealBand® for Windows® is your all-in-one audio workstation and accompaniment program, and if you've purchased a copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows in the last decade, it's been included in your purchase!

We released RealBand in July 2008, along with Band-in-a-Box® 2008.5.

"RealBand brings a new level of ease and flexibility to anyone creating recordings. Record your own tracks, type in the chords, pick a style, and then add any MIDI or audio (Real) tracks to follow your chords - all in a single program. For example, type in chords to your song, generate a RealDrums track, record in your guitar and vocal parts. Then put on your 'arranger' hat and have some fun automatically adding RealTracks - maybe a guitar solo, or pedal steel background for the bridge."

We hope everyone enjoys using RealBand, which combines some great features from our PowerTracks Pro Audio program with the powerful accompaniment features from Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Spanish for Windows is Here!

¡Hay más de 50 nuevas características en Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Hay mejoras en RealTracks (RealTracks Vocal de Sonido más Suave, RealTracks Engrosamiento, RealTracks "Find-a-Sub" y MultiRiffs). La mayoría de los RealDrums ahora tienen RealCharts (con notación de batería precisa). Hay un nuevo navegador de Artistas RealTracks para encontrar información / biografías / enlaces / listas de RealTracks en todos los artistas. Un nuevo Navegador de Funciones permite al usuario nuevo u "olvidadizo" encontrar y usar fácilmente la mayoría de las funciones / teclas de acceso rápido / documentos desde una sola ventana. Ecualizar Tempo permite cambiar una canción de rubato grabada a un tempo fijo. Tiempo de audio mejorado / estiramiento de tono (Elastique) incluido. Hay mejoras en el Selector de Canciones, Bajo/Batería o Batería solo Auto-Intros, 3.400 títulos añadidos, mejoras MusicXML, guitarra para "Zurdos" y "Vista de estudiante", mejoras de Arrastrar y Soltar, Ventana Múltiple del Mago del Acorde de Audio y mucho más!

COMPRE/ACTUALIZE Y DESCARGUE YA!

Video - Entering More Than 4 Chords Per Bar in Band-in-a-Box!

One of our latest support videos created by Tobin shows off a great workaround for entering more than 4 chords per bar in your Band-in-a-Box song, using a combination of half-time and normal RealTracks - check it out!

Video Testimonial - Dennis Dearing Talks Band-in-a-Box®

Dennis remembers Band-in-a-Box® from years ago, but his connection to Mike Harrison and hearing him talk about the RealTracks is what really got him excited about the program!

Hear his thoughts and see how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin for his projects with his Video Testimonial:

https://youtu.be/WqmtoxfJwDw

It's been a great addition to my workflow!
-Dennis Dearing

To learn more about Dennis, check out his testimonial page here.

You can create your own video testimonial letting people know how you use the program too! Learn how here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Polish for Windows is Here!

Dodaliśmy ponad 50 nowych funkcji do Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Są udoskonalenia ścieżek RealTracks (Delikatniej brzmiące wokale RealTracks, Pogrubianie RealTracks, funkcja "Znajdź odmianę" dla RealTracks i MultiRiffów). Większość RealDrums ma teraz RealCharts (z dokładną Notacją Bębnów). Jest nowa Przeglądarka Artystów RealTracks umożliwiające znalezienie informacji/biografii/linków/listy ścieżek RealTracks dla wszystkich artystów. Nowa Przeglądarka Funkcji pozwala nowym lub "zapominalskim" użytkownikom na łatwe znalezienie i użycie większości funkcji/skrótów/dokumentów z poziomu jednego okna. Funkcja Wyrównaj Tempo pozwala na zmianę utworu nagranego w rytmie rubato i dostosowanie go do ustalonego tempa. Udoskonalono funkcje rozciągania brzmień audio w czasie/wysokości dźwięku (Elastique). Są też udoskonalenia opcji Wybory Utworu, automatycznych wstępów na Basie/Bębnach lub tylko samych bębnach (Auto-Intros), dodano 3,400 tytułów, są udoskonalenia w zakresie MusicXML, mamy widok dla gitarzysty "Leworęcznego" oraz "Widok dla ucznia" przy grze na gitarze, udoskonalenia opcji Przeciągnij i Upuść, multi-okna wyświetlającego Magika Audio Akordów i wiele innych poprawek!

ZAKUP/UAKTUALNIJ & POBIERZ TERAZ!

Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Forum Stats
32471 Members
68 Forums
65155 Topics
552075 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
LuisPa, Slaterk, jsig000, Geoply, Ged

32470 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 187
Jim Fogle 150