Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: The Dance with Destiny, original busking tune DonnyGee 20 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Donny, cool funky groove, great guitar and vocals by you. No cheesy at all. Sounds ready for the rotation to me!
Hey hey DCRon, thanks again for all the love. While I have always played lead or shared leads etc...in this case, the BIAB soloist, RealTracks in song: 3443:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BritPsycFunky Ev16 100, was so good, I just let him/her play. I just played some rhythm; it went well into the set so far. E Minor is not my key for singing, obviously, but I am practicing some scales. Thanks again. Donny G
Replies 4 Views 37 Read More
Can barely hear recorded audio debitspread 1 hour ago Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I just installed RB 2021, after having used BiaB for many years. In BiaB, I created a tune, then tried a test recording of me playing clarinet. Everything sounded fine. Then I opened the BiaB file in RB (with no Audio track) and tried to record again. I heard the clarinet track, but just barely because the volume was so low. After trying a few times, I noticed that level bars on the RB track looked fine... until I accepted the track. That's when I saw that the saving of the track squashed everything down to a thin green line. Is this the result of my driver settings? Any guidance that you have would be much appreciated. Steve
Replies 0 Views 4 Read More
Re: Common rhythms MarioD 3 hours ago Forum: Woodshedding - Learning to Play! Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very interesting. I have play many of those rhythms but never knew the names of them! Thanx for sharing.
Replies 2 Views 35 Read More
2024 (US) Library Of Congress Recording Registry Entries (Article) Jim Fogle 4 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 0 Views 17 Read More
Re: The Mystery of Creative Flow MarioD 4 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have always told my students learn scales and music theory but don't let it get in your way when playing. After you play you can analyze what you did via music theory. Learning scales and music theory gives one the background and confidence to jam or improvise with authority. Music is the one thing where you learn the rules so you can break them! Having such a background allows me to jam with confidence with Bob and others. My own compositions usually start with a chord progression and a BiaB style that I play over. Once I have a melody down I can improvise with it. That is the same as when I play songs out of a fake book; the first pass I play the melody, the second pass I improvise, then back to the melody. This is a jazz thing and why BiaB calls a chorus one pass through a song. Like David at times I have to think and check my fingerings while play something new and difficult. That is part of the learning process. Now with arthritis attacking my fingers sometimes what was easy is now harder to do, if at all possible, so I do as David does then also. Music is a wonderful universal language.
Replies 3 Views 66 Read More
Re: So much to love about Band in a Box & this Company as a whole. edshaw Yesterday at 11:15 PM Forum: My Favorite Things Jump to new postsJump to new posts
What a delightful post, Cheryl Anne! Taking the time to express thoughts along those lines is a breath of fresh air in today's fast paced world. Needless to say, Dr. Gannon infuses that spirit of kindness and dedication.
Replies 3 Views 289 Read More
Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind edshaw Yesterday at 11:05 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice surprise, opening up the forum and hearing this. A little bit of Chicago Blues influence, for sure. After all, that is where it all began, isn't it?
Replies 4 Views 72 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) Janice & Bud Yesterday at 10:24 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Janice, Peter, Bud, wow, now THAT's a song and a half! Great lyrics, powerful vocals, killer guitar (and sitar!) and super production. Such a strong song, professionally executed. Excellent!
Well we will add a wow also. 😀 That is a wonderful review and it is much appreciated. Thank you! J&B
Replies 23 Views 408 Read More
Re: Missing RealTracks Picker in BBPlugin musocity Yesterday at 09:38 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Because the Picker is not part of the Plugin to have all tracks info, you are just opening Biab (BBW4) in the background, it's not part of the Plugin. BBW4 just renders the track/s to wav in the SavedTracks folder then the Plugin will play them and drag in the DAW. If you want all the Biab main app functions you are best to just drag the wav into the DAW from Biab main app or use the Rewire VST or Import SGU Reaper, or wait until they get all the generate code into the JUCE Plugin.
Replies 2 Views 60 Read More
Re: One Night In Broken Arrow rsdean Yesterday at 09:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ron, Thanks - I appreciate that. Bob
Replies 20 Views 231 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder rsdean Yesterday at 09:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David, This should have been a duet with Tater... smile Love the song - some seriously good singing and production. Very clever lyrics. Awesome all around! Bob
Replies 2 Views 28 Read More
Re: Are You Getting Ready? rsdean Yesterday at 09:05 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, What an epic sounding production. The Synth V voices sound excellent and full of emotion. Awesome use of this technology and a flawless execution. Very cool that you started this song so long ago - nice that you have been able to bring it forward. Bob
Replies 6 Views 96 Read More
Re: Better Then Never cubanpete Yesterday at 09:00 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Marty, love the lyrics and the all around mix and vocal harmony. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 3 Views 27 Read More
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 08:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Howdy Birch.... Well....being lat to this party everyone else has said it all. And, I agree with them. Very poignant lyrics and a personal vox delivery. (I can relate....I just became a pair of 77s recently). Well done, I enjoyed the listen!
Replies 24 Views 573 Read More
Re: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 08:51 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Howdy Elliot.... I dig this write and it's a appealing listen, no doubt. Cool topic, very clean recording and some great axe work, per your usual. smile TBH....I don't see myself ever using any AI Synth vocals route but this one sure has quite a convincing quality to it. Pretty amazing. Very well done, I enjoyed it.
Replies 12 Views 202 Read More
New song: Secrets And Lies (Ken Lasaine on guitars) chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 08:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good day all…. I’ve been trying to scratch my way out of a creative deficit lately (being several months) and finally came up with this one. Throwing it against the forum wall It’s called Secrets And Lies.. . Many thanks to Ken (klasaine) for his generous time, ears and musicianship. To any that give it a spin we thank you and hope you found it worthy of your time. (to dispel any possible rumors….NO….I’ve never been a vigilante or spy. Although, humans have done things that make my blood boil and I’ll look fondly at option #2 :)) https://www.soundclick.com/wayneevansproject (1st one on the list) https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966 (1st one on the list) [b]Intro: Chorus: Secrets and lies when you work under cover. (Careful what you say. Keep your story straight). Steady and sly when you work under cover. (Careful what you say) Secrets and lies….secrets and lies. Verse 1 “You know your mission, we got your back. We’re taking no prisoners. They’re the worst of the bad. Stage a situation to look good in their eyes. Give it some time and they’ll invite you inside.” Secrets and lies….secrets and lies. Verse 2 Dressed to the nines with a very cool pad. Strutting around town in a shiny sedan. Add a bit of flash with some money to spend. Play the role and treat them all like you’re friends.” Chorus: Secrets and lies when you work under cover. (Careful what you say. Keep your story straight). Steady and sly when you work under cover. (Careful what you say) Verse 3 Breaking out the good stuff to help them relax over easy conversation how you won at the tracks. Spin a few tales of the crimes in your past. Not a word of it’s true, just part of the act. If you’re feeling suspicion, deflect and deceive. Some misdirection may be just what you need. Be cool under pressure, with tricks up your sleeve. Have a good story, one they’ll believe. Chorus: Lead break: verse music & chorus music Verse 4 I had a mission, here’s what they said: “We‘re taking no prisoners, they’re the worst of the bad.” The mission’s accomplished, according to plan. The world’s a better place you can trust me on that. Chorus: Vamp out: with Bm & ‘secrets and lies. Copyright: Wayne Evans – music & lyrics March 17, 2024 23:10
Replies 0 Views 7 Read More
Re: "Guitar Love" - (country ballad/instrumental) firesong Yesterday at 08:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Carl...as usual you have played and produced a beautiful guitar ballad...the arrangement and mix are exquisite...a gentle and peaceful piece for sure.
Replies 5 Views 64 Read More
Re: One Foot in Heaven firesong Yesterday at 08:15 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fred...beautiful song...very thought provoking lyrically...a sad song and a cello...you can't go wrong there...really nice vocal and a super acoustic guitar track...top-shelf for sure.
Replies 1 Views 33 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator MarioD Yesterday at 07:18 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Suno, or any other Ai, and BiaB are just tools and you can choose to use them or not.
Replies 22 Views 5,947 Read More
Re: BIAB 2022: Notation window font size shrinks on every open? bowlesj Yesterday at 04:39 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Andrew, I am using Windows 7 and will be using it until MuitiCharts no longer runs on it. I typically run BIAB 32 bit but I can also run 64 bit. On the notebook I run BIAB 2016 and would never have any need for the notation screen. I am considering but hesitating to install BIAB 2022 on the notebook. I will go a head and test this issue now on the 64 bit. It does it on the 64 bit as well. John
Replies 10 Views 253 Read More
Re: Klezmer style - Freilach or bulgar Matt Finley Yesterday at 03:50 PM Forum: Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I was friends with a rather famous Klezmer clarinetist, and his music was quite varied. I imagine if you asked me to make a "Jazz" style, my idea of jazz would probably not match yours, so I understand your question. If you are happy with the quality of styles from Notes Norton, but the style is not quite right, perhaps send him some links and see what he could do for a future release.
Replies 6 Views 138 Read More
Re: PG users who are rock guitarists…need your help. justanoldmuso Yesterday at 01:38 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. There are so many guitar products out there it's tough to find the time to test them…lol. also i can't justify buying a high end unit…not just because of the price but because of how tech gets obsolete so fast. I agree with you. I also find very intrusive protection schemes a pita. I feel pg have it just right ie protection of their intellectual property but not being overly intrusive. ive put a suggestion/wish in the wishlist forum whereby AT THE OPTION of the rt artist…in their bio they include what gear they used on which rt's. i believe it should be optional because the session pro…to be fair…often derives their family income because of their own tricks and sweat. one reason i posted the wish was it might be a great 'learning opportunity' for guitarists new to music production ... .as in like me…'how did they get that great rt sound'. Now I have a lot of guitar product testing to do….lol. let me say imho mike durham is a huge talent. so i'm experimenting more with his rt's in my rock songs. some of the punk and other rock rt's i'm not into cos too fizzy. but ive also been experimenting with ways to make them less fizzy. Thanks again everyone. given me lots to think about. I wish to make things easier pg includes a great guitar modeller plugin with lots of models etc. including the classic rock sounds people love… eg like synthmaster for synths but for guitars. its like a lifelong journey to find those groovy guitar sounds...lol. happiness. om
Replies 14 Views 275 Read More
Re: You Can Count on Me - Henry Clarke BabuMusic Yesterday at 01:25 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello, Henry. Missed ya, man, although I often check out your YT channel for guidance and inspiration. Love this one. Great feel and production with a sing-along melody. Very relatable. Yep, we can count on you for that pro sound, Henry.
Replies 5 Views 50 Read More
Re: Blue Guitar - Remix - Spirit Level aka Robert C and Scott C BabuMusic Yesterday at 01:11 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fabulous production. Love your guitar work on this, Scott. Robert is really good at those videos, and of course the lyrics and vocals with harmony really elevate the appeal. Spirit Level soars.
Replies 9 Views 67 Read More
Re: Sixtonian floor dance David Snyder Yesterday at 01:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very nice, and yes, very sixties! smile
Replies 1 Views 12 Read More
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,575
Members38,496
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY, Fender601
38,495 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193