Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: I'LL TAKE THE DOG BabuMusic 03/23/24 01:37 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Simply so good, and you're back to singing. I like it. Good choice taking the dog, by the way. I second David Cuny's assesment of Melodyne. I've never userd it for harmony (or yes, I did once), but one thing I learned not to do is get every note (any note really) in perfect pitch --a few cents off is more real (except maybe for opera). Keep 'em coming, Elliott. Much enjoyed.
Replies 20 Views 545 Read More
Re: MY WISHES FOR RB. justanoldmuso 03/23/24 01:33 PM Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
great alias rob lol. a general comment. security on the net. actually as my wife and i have worked in tech we decided ages ago to adopt certain methods in order to protect our family. It's a shame. but we felt it had to be done due to the bad actors and hackers out there etc etc. we used to get laughed at when we suggested certain methods we used..until an acquaintance was compromised.. frankly, and i'm sure some people might think it extreme, but i wonder if one day governments all over the world will insist a special unhackable or spooferd technology be inserted in not just pc's but all manner of technology. so that the bad guys can be identified. i dont want an argy bargy debate but i suggest the above might occur once a threshold of compromised people and organisations is reached. Frankly, I would far prefer to be more open and treat these forums like my local pub/hangout…lol. ie the way life used to be. But it's just the sign of the times that I can't be more open. oddly enough as i'm typing this i am hearing of the trials and tribulations of being a major label artist and what artists go through and the implications of AI. All I can say from my family to yours is to be safe in this crazy world. happiness to all. re RB 2024. well i probably drive PG and jeff nuts re my rb suggestions. it's all done with good intentions i assure you all. I will say from my interactions with PG and Jeff re rb I am impressed. jeff and pg developers are highly talented people imho based on my working with developers in industry. in the old days i and my fellow techs would brainstorm new tech at the local pub as to what we could do to keep our user base happy. Which was difficult as often the user base couldnt agree with each other, and of course we had to deal with senior industry management that didn't have a clue often....lol. (never give a CEO an easy to use pc…lol…because he thinks he is a tech expert suddenly and cant understand why major systems are such a different long term challenge…lol. Once I had to sit down with a CEO and show him what was involved. Luckily for me he was very clever. and went 'my goodness i never knew'. i never ever got flack again !!) I am glad actually I saw several of my suggestions in rb 2024. I'm sure many users made the same suggestions. i'm particularly glad to see comping in 2024 as it makes comping vocals easier as i do a ton of vocals. Of course i would love to see mpicker and the track genning speed of bb 2024. so ive changed my work methods to take advantage of strengths of bb and rb. Jeff and PG know all my dreams/suggestions/wishes etc to make rb a giant. So I won't bore people with constant repetition…lol. happiness. om
Replies 11 Views 505 Read More
Re: So Brittle Blue Planet BabuMusic 03/23/24 01:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ah, the planet will be alright --with or without us. But music this good helps us all appreciate the beauty along the way. Man, you instill so much passion in this, Jani. The video is extraordinary. You have a knack --no, a gift for creating such moving pieces. There is so much godness in this that mentioning each part would fill this forum with accolades so long that there wouldn;t be any room left to simply say that this is way-over-the-top extraordinary. Outstanding compostion and production.
Replies 45 Views 1,318 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) BabuMusic 03/23/24 01:22 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh, man, I always loved playing this one. You three are so good. I like the beat you chose. I quote David Cuny: "blues is nothing but an excuse to play guitar," and man, you do that so well, Peter. Outstanding chops coupled with great taste, and you always select the best singers. And we know that Bud is the master of the mastering. Excellent rendition.
Replies 63 Views 2,422 Read More
Re: So Brittle Blue Planet Janice & Bud 03/23/24 01:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That is a beautiful composition and we completely agree with the sentiment. And the video imagery is very nice. Lovely work and we enjoyed it! J&B
Re: We Were Alive BabuMusic 03/23/24 01:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Marty and Dave, you hit another one out of the park! A totally awesome song. Great vocal, bass, guitar, and mix - as always!
Thanks, Mario. Always appreciate your comments.
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Cool band, and so far I haven't heard a song of you guys that I didn't like. And you're a better singer than you think you are smile
Thanks so much, Brain. If I compare myself now to when I first started putting stuff on this forum, I am a better singer, and I am grateful for the help here.
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Marty. Swinging blues! Dave does a fantastic job, bass keeps the groove, as do the vocals. Nice work! smile
Thank you for listening< David. Glad you like it.
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
“They say it was a long, long time ago when everyone would help the group survive.” We have some of those thoughts while watching world news coverage. Hopefully the day will come soon when everyone is awakened. Dave’s opening sets the bar high and y’all keep it there in performances and production, Marty. The video’s scenes with the ducks and the laughing children gave Janice a smile that will last all day long. 😊 Let’s keep that flame of hope burning brightly! J&B
Hi, you guys. Yeah, no one ever said that; it's just a myth I like to project on our future. Keep staying hopeful, you two who are one, and keep faning that flame with your wonderful example.
Replies 26 Views 732 Read More
Re: PGMusic Grammys? etcjoe 03/23/24 01:06 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yeah, the Grammy awards themselves are just a popularity contest. Best and Worst is always very subjective. PG Music's version is just fine.
Replies 11 Views 472 Read More
Re: Still Hear Chords with Mixer Tracks Muted MarioD 03/23/24 01:03 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
If you were showing all tracks in the mixer you might see, sounds like the midi synth.
Mine were in the mixer but muting the track did nothing. Yes they were MIDI tracks. How they got there is still a mystery as I didn't use/play that track. Only return to factory settings solved the problem. {edit} - Since no one else was having that problem I thought it was just my system so I didn't report it or ask for help. Now another user is having maybe the same problem?
Replies 8 Views 247 Read More
Re: Epstein-Barr Bass Thumper 03/23/24 12:54 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Al-David
Hi Steve, This is awesome! Adventurous and spacey. Every track added a terrific quality to the sum product. Super mix of a good bit of creativity.
Many thanks for listening and commenting Alan. Glad you enjoyed it. Your comments are always inspiring.
Replies 33 Views 1,252 Read More
Re: George Benson, looking back on his life and career And paying tribute to the greats along the way etcjoe 03/23/24 12:51 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good interview. I was hoping he would actually play. But at 80 I think he has earned the right to just talk! I love his reaction to some of his playing when listening back.
Replies 2 Views 127 Read More
Re: Jacob Collier Reinvents The Guitar etcjoe 03/23/24 12:50 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I am too old! My brain just doesn't work anymore. I can certainly see how it helps him and it is quite an invention. Altered tuning but just always that way. He makes a lot of sense. 5 fingers 5 strings!! LOL.
Replies 1 Views 99 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator etcjoe 03/23/24 12:31 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
AI in the creativity world is certainly full of controversy. I will say we use a licensed version of a popular AI at my work. You can feed it a pile of data and ask it to present it in any number of ways and it will almost instantly generate all the graphs, slides, summaries, video, just about anything you want. It only seems to be limited by your imagination. So it saves huge amounts of time. Of course in the near future it will take someone's place because you won't need that admin person to do that for you etc. So, more controversy. The government is behind working on regulation, so the cat is out of the proverbial bag. Tennessee just passed a law protecting musicians from AI. I have not read the text or even a summary, but it will be interesting to see how and if it works.
Replies 22 Views 6,259 Read More
Re: Saying goodbye to old gear Notes Norton 03/23/24 12:30 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I've got a 1925 HN White silver plated alto. It's my only alto, and although the intonation isn't a nice as modern horns, it has the voice of an angel. I wouldn't part with that one if I were you. Good luck with your sale, I hope you get a fair price for everything, and I hope each piece finds a home that will give someone many hours of enjoyment. Notes ♫
Replies 20 Views 849 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) Janice & Bud 03/23/24 12:28 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Peter and Janice A very nice modern Southern Rock treatment of the old tune! Super guitar work and vocals by Janice! It's easy to listen and enjoy this upbeat song! Thanks, TB
Thank you Torrey. I’m glad you liked it. Janice
So Brittle Blue Planet Derochette 03/23/24 11:03 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello my friends from Biab. I am posting music and a video on this forum dedicated to our little blue planet. It's an old composition that I reworked.and I created the video with the magix video premium tool Our beautiful blue planet that we must preserve for future generations. Biab tracks 365 Acoustic Guitar Fingerpicking Ev 085 1681 Guitar 12 String Acoustic Finger Ev 120 366 Bass Electric Country Ev 085 1856 Cello Background Pop Country Ev 085 Other tracks Piano: Felt piano Spitfire VST Freya Choir Strevo sampling VST Bell vibraphone Goliath Eastwes VST Flute, clarinet, bassoon cello sonokinetic vst Drums, snare files sound wav Daw Studio one Tempo 80 4/4 If you have the time or the desire to comment. Thank you for your advice. The link to youtube :
The link to soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/so-brittle-earth-beta-5
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental camog 03/23/24 09:58 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Absolutely chuffed you liked it Ron - thanks a lot for your very nice comments!! All the best, Carl
Replies 18 Views 548 Read More
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental camog 03/23/24 09:57 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Really pleased you liked it Alan - appreciate your very nice comments, thank you for listening!! Very best wishes from the UK, Carl
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) PeterF 03/23/24 09:47 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Peter and Janice A very nice modern Southern Rock treatment of the old tune! Super guitar work and vocals by Janice! It's easy to listen and enjoy this upbeat song! Thanks, TB
Thanks a lot Torrey. Peter
Re: Still Hear Chords with Mixer Tracks Muted Gordon Scott 03/23/24 09:45 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You may have active but hidden tracks. Click the eye-like symbol bottom right of the mixer to select which tracks to show.
Replies 8 Views 247 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love BlueAttitude 03/23/24 09:43 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, David. Listened to this a couple of days ago but didn't have time to comment. First of all I really like the vocal melody! Very adventuresome. I would never come up with a melody like that 'cause there is no possible way I could sing it eek Your vocalist handles it with ease. I really like that string run that goes up after the vocal lines, very effective. This is a genre I don't listen to and know nothing about so can't comment on that, but I like what you have done here, very well produced. Kudos for stepping outside of your comfort zone! As far as the boring details go I don't always read them, but often I do wink
Replies 41 Views 1,209 Read More
Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental DC Ron 03/23/24 09:42 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Carl, great song, expertly played as always. Love your tone and tasteful playing throughout. Super arrangement and mix, too. Also pleased to add "chuffed" to my vocabulary; always a bonus to start the day with that. Enjoyed your song a lot!
Re: One Foot in Heaven DC Ron 03/23/24 09:27 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fred, really nice song, expertly performed. I'm thinking this is more "world weary" than "dark" but then my glass is almost always full. Love what you did with various strings in the background to provide ambience over the acoustic instruments up front in the mix. Sounds super. Your vocals are excellent, too. Loved it!
Replies 3 Views 128 Read More
Re: I'LL TAKE THE DOG Al-David 03/23/24 09:22 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Simple, straight-to-the-point story line. Yeah, it's sad, but there's a comfort in the story that he got what he wanted - faithfulness, love, and affection. Nicely done! Take care, Alan
Replies 20 Views 545 Read More
Re: The Hectic Life of Orla Swoon BlueAttitude 03/23/24 09:21 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's hard to do an instrumental and keep it interesting, but you managed with this piece. Great groove! Love the B3 and the piano tracks especially. And that vocal track is the icing on the cake! Nice outro with the harp. Enjoyed!
Replies 27 Views 667 Read More
Re: Ghost Of Love rsdean 03/23/24 09:21 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, Thanks so much. Bob
Replies 42 Views 1,769 Read More
Page 107 of 120 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 119 120
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,687
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200