Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: How To Add a Key Change? DrDan 03/04/24 03:01 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
We don’t know the rules behind it, but we know that BIAB uses the key signature to make some decisions. A note or chord may have an odd enharmonic spelling, and that’s just what we can demonstrate. I recommend you change the key signature.
But if you use the F5 to change key signature in a middle of the song it only effects the annotation, it does not change the chords. And you can not use the transposition in the GUI for only a part of the chart. I agree "we don't know the rules". which is why I have never been comfortable with doing this in BIAB.
Replies 8 Views 347 Read More
Re: How To Add a Key Change? Matt Finley 03/04/24 02:29 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
We don’t know the rules behind it, but we know that BIAB uses the key signature to make some decisions. A note or chord may have an odd enharmonic spelling, and that’s just what we can demonstrate. I recommend you change the key signature.
Re: How To Add a Key Change? DrDan 03/04/24 02:23 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I've done key changes by simply using the chords in the new key. It has always worked well for me.
OK, that makes three of us, but what does this tell us about BIAB. The selection of riffs to play over our chords is based on on the specific chord notes and not on the Key? The key signature we assign appears to only effect the notation in the staff? I was always a bit suspious about this.
Re: JEREMIAD #66 (That's What America Looks Like)_David Snyder David Snyder 03/04/24 01:50 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey thanks Wao! I'll take it. I love that song! And you know that it's right!!! smile
Replies 23 Views 679 Read More
Re: How To Add a Key Change? MarioD 03/04/24 01:43 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I do the same as Herb.
Re: How To Add a Key Change? Guitarhacker 03/04/24 01:27 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I've done key changes by simply using the chords in the new key. It has always worked well for me. This is one such example. Nothing fancy, just started entering the chords for the modulation https://www.soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10762744
No boundaries cubanpete 03/04/24 01:18 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
No boundaries [color:#33CCFF][/color] Hi there, it's been awhile since I don't do an smooth jazz one , so, here it goes. Style is _PERPLEX.STY (Perplex Smooth Jazz w Piano Solo) RealTracks in song: 2607:Bass, Electric, ModernSlapFunkAlex Ev16 110 RealTracks in style: 1367:Piano, Acoustic, Soloist JazzMike Sw 140 RealTracks in style: ~905:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothCool Dry Sw16 075 RealTracks in style: 3329:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm LoungeFunkSwells Ev16 080 RealTracks in song: ~1636:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075 RealTracks in song: 3961:Guitar, Electric, Soloist FusionCoolSw16Mike Sw16 075 RealDrums in Song:SmoothJazzCoolSw16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride Added a second bass and also a third verse and a guitar in the middle verse. Enjoy! Mike B.
Replies 8 Views 199 Read More
Re: Blimey!!! What am I doing???? Ezekiel's Storm 03/03/24 11:47 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I agree with Ronnie---I can some Eric Burden and the Animals too, plus a bit of late 70s/80s punk. Catchy chorus.
Replies 20 Views 458 Read More
Re: She Took My Truck Ezekiel's Storm 03/03/24 11:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great song, Ronnie. Perfect lyrics for a classic style country song!
Replies 17 Views 725 Read More
Re: Signs Ezekiel's Storm 03/03/24 11:38 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Love the buildup intro. Richly textured sound with the instrumentation. That cold ending works well with your inspiration. We are not immune from that happening here. We can't get complacent.
Replies 20 Views 701 Read More
Re: Slow Walking RnAM 03/03/24 11:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
"It is 1963. As you are walking in the lobby of a Holiday Inn" Rob says: "Is that from a Bogart movie?" I say: "Of course not, that's way before your time, sweetheart". Rob says: "Oh, well... might've fitted right in." I say: "Sure! Mario can do these things." Nice work Mario. Anne-Marie
Replies 43 Views 1,170 Read More
Re: Title: 夏の名残り(Translation: The Remnants Of The summer) Fusion Ballad with Female Vocal NigelSpiers 03/03/24 11:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Shigeki, I listened to both versions and I really like the Scat version - great tune and excellent backing. Well done. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 48 Views 2,229 Read More
Re: Sleepin' Single RnAM 03/03/24 11:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well done Floyd, we guess all's been said. Rob is particularly interested in the guitar in the beginning of the intro. Is it one of the Kontakt tracks? Rob and Anne-Marie
Replies 44 Views 1,686 Read More
Re: Sea to Sky Highway RnAM 03/03/24 11:05 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Scott, I guess we had to warm up a little bit for this song.... .Until we got to the chorus! Beautiful, dark and atmospheric like only Robert can sing them. Complemented by Scott's wonderful, melodic guitar! Rob and Anne-Marie
Replies 29 Views 641 Read More
Re: When The Future Froze RnAM 03/03/24 10:54 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Janne, Over here spring has already started grin The Dizy flute works really well in the song's intro. Looks like at 0.37 V JUN has a little error... The chorus of the song really stands out with the cool harmony vocal. Great Rock solo at the end. And darn! Are those synth voices getting better all the time. Rob and Anne-Marie
Replies 40 Views 1,216 Read More
Re: THIS OLD TOWN RnAM 03/03/24 10:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good work Torey. We particularly like the smooth blending of the harmony vocals in the chorus. The song also has a gentle "New Kid in Town" feel. That's a good thing because "New Kid in Town" is one of our all-time favourites. So it's really easy to like your song laugh Rob and Anne-Marie
Replies 59 Views 2,584 Read More
Re: AEROMAN rsdean 03/03/24 10:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Tom, Thanks so much - very kind. Bob
Replies 46 Views 1,155 Read More
Re: When The Future Froze DC Ron 03/03/24 10:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Janne, well, I can see why Finland has topped the World Happiness Report for the last six years. Ha! Just kidding. Know it's complicated... This is a very evocative tune, and you've captured that winter mood perfectly. From the opening note (is that the flute?) you set the musical tone very convincingly. JUN even sounds a little chilly, though that may be me projecting how the rest of the song makes me feel. It might be the full chest voices and strong vibratos, but synth vocalists often remind me of the vocal style used in stage musicals. So I couldn't help but picture JUN standing center stage in a bluish spotlight, plastic "snow" blowing through the beam. Like I said, I found this very evocative. A+ for me!
Replies 40 Views 1,216 Read More
Re: Slow Walking DC Ron 03/03/24 09:47 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario, nice write, nicely played! That sax keeps sounds great, and I really like your jazz guitar tone on this one. Am guessing the "lounge lizard" piano is an EP...that sounds great, too. The "full string ensemble" broke the "Holiday Inn 1963" spell for me. I'd be happy to hear just the bass/drums/guitar/piano quartet cover this territory. But, hey...it's your lounge. I've spent way too many nights in dark lounges (post 1963) but this style of jazz will just never go out of style. Always sounds exciting to me. THANKS for posting!
Replies 43 Views 1,170 Read More
Re: BiaB, Musescore, .pdf and iRealPro? Matt Finley 03/03/24 09:43 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Indeed, I would like to see what someone found valuable. Is it something that should be in the Tips & Tricks Forum?
Replies 9 Views 605 Read More
Re: Just Having Fun - 2 vicarn 03/03/24 09:35 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Haha. Ok, I won’t tell.
Replies 28 Views 887 Read More
Re: Tropi-call Me DC Ron 03/03/24 09:28 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dewey, really tight write, with plenty of hooks and energetic vocals. Cool harmonies, too. To me, this song is all about the vocals, and the band does a nice job staying out of the way. Super job!
Replies 25 Views 750 Read More
Re: Ease My Weary Mind, live busking, original tune WaoBand 03/03/24 09:24 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Lovely laid back song. Great sampling, arrangement and mix, plus very cool vocals.
Replies 19 Views 488 Read More
Re: Mean Baby Blues WaoBand 03/03/24 09:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Brilliant song and it captures the era perfectly. Really well done on the BiaB samples, arrangement and mix.
Replies 29 Views 749 Read More
Re: Sometimes I Still Think Of You (Al & Tom Collab) DC Ron 03/03/24 09:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I first read the subject line to include "A.I. and Tommy" and wondered whether I should be afraid. Ha! Oh...ALAN and Tommy. Well, THAT's not scary at all. Well, scary GOOD maybe. smile Great job you guys! Just an achingly beautiful tune. Sounds just as good as I would expect from the two of you. And yes, that steel is very cool indeed.
Replies 38 Views 1,161 Read More
Page 109 of 132 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 131 132
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195