Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Sweet Home Normandy laurent4114 03/18/24 10:06 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
https://soundcloud.com/user-294987337/sweet-home-normandy It's a tribute song to all the ones that start with Sweet home. I found that the Lap Steel track was very good Style : _AMBER.STY (Amber Texas Funky Blues) RealTracks dans ce style Style: 1732:Basse, Electrique, Texas Blues Rock Funky BinDbCr 90 RealTracks dans ce style Style: 889:Piano, Acoustique, Solo-Accompagnement Pop Funky Texas Bin 100 RealTracks dans ce style Style: 4259:Guitare, Lap Steel, Background Blues Funky Bin 85 RealTracks dans ce style Style: 4252:Orgue, Rythme Blues Lent Funky Main Gauche Comping Bin 85 RealTracks dans ce morceau song: 2905:Guitare, Electrique, Rythme Clair Bluesy Pop Bin 100 RealTracks dans ce morceau song: 2625:Guitare, Baritone Electrique, Rythme Blues Boogie Basse et Licks Bin 100 RealTracks dans ce morceau song: ~1442:Sax, Alto, Soliste Jazz Funk Groovin DblCrch Bin 110 RealDrums [dans ce Style:BluesRockFunky16ths^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Busy Snare, HiHat Mixed in Cubase Good listening to everyone Laurent
Replies 25 Views 904 Read More
Re: Fills recording two bars early Bob Calver 03/18/24 10:00 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
sorry Charlie, I know you are a cheerleader for BIAB and can make it do anything you want but my hope is that more people try RB and it may help them as I find it easier to use than BIAB where i have to dig around for functionality that is easy to see in RB. I don't think I lose any functionality that affects my music making. (Bigest problemthere is lack of talent!) In RB all tracks really are equal and I can select a track and generate a new RT, a new Miid Supertrack, import a midi track from another style, regenerate part of a track, add and edit a solo from multiriffs, change key, change tempo (within reason) and record on as many tracks as I want. I can mix on a graphic representation of a real life mixer board, route tracks to subgroups and control them with one slider, use one instance of a plugin and reroute several tracks through the same buss minimising cpu load - all on tracks I can see in front of me. BIAB is amazing but so is RB and my fear is that like the OP, many new users are not trying RB. However, I'm sure everyone appreciates your espertise and the help you give on BIAB that maximises the benefit it provides to new users exploring it for the first time.
Replies 5 Views 237 Read More
Re: We Were Alive DC Ron 03/18/24 08:38 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Marty, awesome song! Bass and guitar really shine, but LOVE your vocals on this one, and the vocal FX chain sounds spot on to me. You're really putting out some amazing stuff. And yes, MORE MARIMABA! Ha!
Replies 26 Views 635 Read More
Re: One Way Ticket, Live busking track camog 03/18/24 07:53 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Smooth with a lovely feel - well done Donny!! Best, Carl
Replies 10 Views 293 Read More
Re: R.I.P Russell Demussell Paj 03/18/24 04:50 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sorry to hear about this. RIP, Russell. Paj 8^(
Replies 18 Views 613 Read More
Re: Missing Bars of Music AudioTrack 03/18/24 03:38 AM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Start here: [Linked Image]
Replies 3 Views 136 Read More
Re: Question re useing new bb 2024 special reaper features in older reaper versions. musocity 03/18/24 02:40 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I think Jeff is mainly programming Biab so RealBand only gets a few tweaks or cosmetic changes. If it was me, I'd be working on improving it day in day out, and at the same time I'd be moving the generate code into the actual PLUGIN C++ code. Once they get the play wma direct working it would have to all go ahead, with the PLUGIN giving instant Gen in any DAW with no waiting for wav files written to hard drive, give the same in RealBand with NDE. It's the same with the PLUGIN it has to wait for the Biab programmers to add things to BBW4 that the PLUGIN needs, so it to is slower in progress than it could be. At the moment everything runs on Biab or Biab in the background. Again, it's going to be more years waiting, so that's why I made it all work with Reaper giving the users way more control of everything, I just wish I knew to do this 15 years ago without wasting all my time trying to make RealBand better [Linked Image] [Linked Image] I had to learn how it all worked because of sheer frustration to do it, PG already knew how it all worked but they didn't look at other DAW's like Reaper to see how easy they worked. Just a bit worn out these days from it all.
Replies 26 Views 895 Read More
Re: Missing Bars of Music DrDan 03/18/24 01:40 AM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The question you pose falls within the category of "BIAB is doing something it should not be doing". Since no one else is reporting this specific problem, the first step to fix this at your end is to hit the "Return to Factory Settings" button. That's the protocol.
Re: HOPE BEYOND THE GRAVE Torrey Bliss 03/18/24 12:30 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Torrey, Another wonderful production - I do remember this one. Your vocal, instrumentation and overall production is stellar. I'm a big fan! Loved it! Bob
Thanks Bob! I'm actually surprised that anyone remembered this! TB
Replies 33 Views 1,290 Read More
Re: Cold Plate (Feat. PeterF on guitar) Torrey Bliss 03/18/24 12:29 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
J&B and Peter You had me with the intro! I thought I had hit play on a George Harrison tune with the slide guitar sound and chord structure! It a lovely sound! Smooth and flowing with a melancholy feel! Janice's voice is wonderful....not a hint of going off pitch anywhere! Great guitar sounds from Peter on this outstanding piece of music! Bud your production skills are at the top here in this forum or anywhere for that matter! Thanks, TB
Replies 54 Views 2,108 Read More
Re: Mean Baby Blues NigelSpiers 03/18/24 12:22 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi B.D. Thomas, Thanks for your kind comments and glad you enjoyed it. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 29 Views 1,013 Read More
Re: We Were Alive Torrey Bliss 03/18/24 12:20 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
More marimba please! smile Marty, your bluesy side has returned here and man are you right at home! Great singing and playing as usual! Your bass work is always spot on and never overstepping it's proper boundaries.... You are always in the pocket. Man you are spoiled having that Dave fellow available to knock out those killer solos and fills! Enjoyed it all! Thanks, TB
Replies 26 Views 635 Read More
Re: Any Other Day - Remix Al-David 03/18/24 12:18 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by WaoBand
The piano suits this piece perfectly, but a real trumpeter would have done a much better job than the sample. That's one limitation with BiaB as you can't tell the musician to not use a particularly phrase or to repeat a good one, etc.
Hi Chay, Thanks for the listen and the comments. I appreciate both. I kinda like the trumpet. That's one of the cool things about music - how various people listening to the same composition can have such divergent thoughts about it. And it's all good. Never hesitate to offer your thoughts - I'm good with it. Again, thanks for your coments.I always appreciate them! Best to you, Alan
Replies 29 Views 690 Read More
Re: Something wrong, kind of Blues Torrey Bliss 03/18/24 12:13 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hans I love that slow bluesy walking down pattern! It always gets me interested! Your drum sounds here are great as are the use of special effects! This has unexpected elements such as the fiddle solo! It all sounds great to me! The best part is your vocals....raw emotion is coming through especially in that bridge section! Very good work Hans! TB
Replies 27 Views 1,192 Read More
Re: PGMusic Grammys? eddie1261 03/17/24 11:22 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
While wearing a strip-ed pair of pants full of sweet cream icing!! MacArthur Park in the flesh!
Replies 11 Views 418 Read More
Re: Ghost Of Love rsdean 03/17/24 11:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Alan, Thanks so much as always. Bob
Replies 42 Views 1,619 Read More
Re: Step Up! mark wilson 03/17/24 11:01 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Excellent throwback gospel done really well! Well written Vocal was perfect - key change was an effective touch. Infectious toe tapping groove, progression was interesting. I like the pause at 'step up' but it does reveal the limitation that biab has for doing those. I enjoyed it as much as possible! Absolutely well done! Mark
Replies 19 Views 551 Read More
Re: PGMusic Grammys? Gordon Scott 03/17/24 10:59 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
Originally Posted by eddie1261
...I could write the next MacArthur Park and it would be dismissed for reasons other than the actual content.
Please don't. wink (I couldn't resist. Jimmy Webb is actually an amazing songwriter.)
MacArthur Park II : The Cake Strikes Back!
Replies 11 Views 418 Read More
Re: Missing Bars of Music Gordon Scott 03/17/24 10:55 PM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Could this be a RealTracks issue, or are you sure they're really MIDI? What colour are the track descriptions in the mixer?
Re: Step Up! cubanpete 03/17/24 10:48 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Talent, talent, talent! that's what one get in this forum. You sure did step up alright1! Cheers Mike B.
Re: Pixi dust ragtime cubanpete 03/17/24 10:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you guys for the comments. Sometimes I get this ideas out of the blue and compose this things, but I have to say that western movies are my favorites. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 4 Views 145 Read More
Re: Does moving from PC to Mac require repurchase? mark wilson 03/17/24 10:32 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Gotcha. I looked around PG site hoping I could just switch when I upgraded but not seeing any mention was the first clue. Thanks!
Replies 3 Views 153 Read More
Re: Does moving from PC to Mac require repurchase? Jim Fogle 03/17/24 10:20 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Mac FAQ Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Moving from Windows to Macintosh requires repurchase of the program. Windows RealTracks are in stored in Windows Media WMA file format. Mac does not support the WMA file format however it does support the WAV file format. Free utility programs are available that can convert WMA files to WAV. As far as I know, everything else should work.
Replies 3 Views 153 Read More
Re: Question re useing new bb 2024 special reaper features in older reaper versions. justanoldmuso 03/17/24 09:53 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
mcity. well i pray pg do new BBTV right. because it could result in lots of new biz imho. done right it could vault bb forward big time and slay the market for pg. no other song creation app would get close if BBTV is done right. as it stands its a fantastic concept that needs addied development and features as ive tried to outline. one can only hope...lol. as to RB one can only hope once again that implementation of the features suggested for BBTV would also vault RB forward. i would be happy if either bb or rb have the feature set ive outlined. ie implement the 'music creation center' concept to save all the flitting around rather like an easter egg hunt...lol...thats coming up. RB is getting close now and i can only hope the suggestions and exchanges ive made to jeff who is obviously very talented are done. frankly whats surprised me over the years is that JF who is also brilliant never added bb like features to R. same for other daws. maybe its cos pg rules viz content and session players. happiness. om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Replies 26 Views 895 Read More
Re: Step Up! David Snyder 03/17/24 09:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Another good one. On a roll!
Page 119 of 122 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 122
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,560
Posts734,404
Members38,491
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
GlebeGreg, michel vermeulen, Mikanh132, ABE, Nancy Gochnauer
38,490 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184