Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Sometimes I still Think Of You Al-David 03/01/24 01:30 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Beautifully done, Alan... Excellent mix, as always... fj
Thanks a bunch, Floyd. Much appreciated! Take care, Alan
Replies 34 Views 1,112 Read More
Re: Just Having Fun - 2 MarioD 03/01/24 12:55 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Funky and fun to listen to. Guitar and sax improvs are just what the groove doctor ordered!
Thanx so much for taking the time to listen and comment. I appreciate it. {edit} It took me awhile but I finally got your forum name! It just dawned on me! I know I'm a little slow!
Replies 28 Views 886 Read More
Showcase in Japanese Icelander 03/01/24 12:46 AM Forum: I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Or so I'm guessing, as I don't have any knowledge of the language...to be honest, I just thought the whole clip too funny to not pass it on! grin
Replies 5 Views 224 Read More
Re: How to reinstall Andrew - PG Music 03/01/24 12:43 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I think the styles were added during 2023, and are included in the patch as well as the latest RealTracks installers. So I don't think there is an error or mystery.
Replies 36 Views 1,797 Read More
Re: lauch stylepicker showing style with selected midi swingbabymix 03/01/24 12:25 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
Hi Cerio. You are not directing the program to keep the selected midi so you can return to it. Use the Filter String box to keep that midi selection in memory. When you type the 1796 MST number in the Styles Tab search , the MultiPicker is searching for the number 1796 in Styles List. Type 1796 in the MST Tab after you have worked in other tabs and typing 1796 will bring up the MST 1796 Piano. To search for Styles that contain the MST 1796 Piano - use the button with the plus sign.
I see what you mean. You're talking about a quick way to read RT-dependent styles or MIDI dependent styles. Thank you very much. But this is different from what I said above. I still hold my own opinions. I want every menu in MultiPicker to have "lauch stylepicker showing style with selected..... "Function.
Replies 12 Views 375 Read More
Re: Watching the World Go By Ezekiel's Storm 03/01/24 12:17 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good one, Fred. Love the gentle humor in the lyrics and that catchy chorus.
Replies 27 Views 879 Read More
Re: Just Having Fun - 2 Ezekiel's Storm 03/01/24 12:09 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Funky and fun to listen to. Guitar and sax improvs are just what the groove doctor ordered!
Replies 28 Views 886 Read More
Re: Please improve the multipicker Library. swingbabymix 03/01/24 12:09 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by jpettit
I think I will make another Workflow video as I can easily find dozens of examples where the multi picker tabs are not working together and with the existing tracks in the song.
Please put the video link here, too. thanks
Replies 13 Views 475 Read More
Re: 2024 BIAB AND REAL BAND ARE BEAUTIFUL rharv 02/29/24 11:53 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You don't need me to forgive you, I was just funnin' ya. Question is; can you forgive yourself for those two months without it .. <grin> Glad you like the new package.
Replies 5 Views 223 Read More
Re: How to reinstall swingbabymix 02/29/24 11:50 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music
You should download and install these files, as it looks like you have old versions: realtracks406-411.exe realtracks417-422.exe realtracks423-425.exe
I have all the RealTracks installed. You may not understand what I'm saying. Let me restate the question: I have to install BIAB 2023, then BIAB 2023 build1013, and finally BIAB 2024 to have the full number of styles 11,130 If I don't have BIAB 2023 build1013 installed, and I just install BIAB 2023 and BIAB2024, then 13 style is lost forever. So, I wonder if this is a design error? [Linked Image]
Re: How are RealTracks manufactured? BIABman 02/29/24 11:47 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
With RealTracks some are basic compared to others that may have more material and more keys. ... If you look here Guitar, Acoustic, Nylon Multi Ev8 120 and here Multi Variations UserTracks Feedback ????? they will give you an idea of what you can do in the 2024 version of Biab.
Thanks very much muso, that's very helpful! smile
Replies 6 Views 291 Read More
Re: mMaj7 chords (audio) BIABman 02/29/24 11:44 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
Thanks. This started in BIAB when I entered the chords that you see. The chords came from the original sheet music chart. There were a couple extensions which were not possible to enter into BIAB so these I fudged. When done in BIAB I save the "chord track" for an accurate midi arrangement of the block chords. Then I opened Reaper, inserted the BIAB-VST and within the VST opened the midi arrangement file from BIAB. Then I could drag and drop the block chord midi and the chord labels into Reaper. Finally I put in the Toontrack Session Organ VSTi to play the midi chords. So no RTs were used! No BIAB Style was used! The organ is not trying to provide a diverse rhymic performance, it is just comping the chords. This leaves lots of room for the soloist to play the melody and/or improvise. This is a very typical workflow for me. Dan
Ahhh... now I understand. Thanks for explaining it to me. There are so many different ways to skin a cat with these things. smile I also use Reaper as my DAW. As soon as I have a decent-sounding backing track I import the .wav files into Reaper and work from there.
Replies 52 Views 1,486 Read More
Re: Warning Label Brad Williams 02/29/24 11:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You did it again Dewey! Really creative writing with some great lines in here. I thought the twist was clear and I got it easily. Elliott may still have a point, because I was listening closely, as I tend to do with your stuff. Though I thought by putting the twist in the bridge like you did kind of draws your ear into the song a little more and makes it easier to catch, so once again - great writing. The production was good too! Brad
Replies 18 Views 536 Read More
Re: What is the total number of styles after BIAB2024 installation? swingbabymix 02/29/24 11:40 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
As of 2024 build 1109, there are approximately 11130 PG Music styles.
Thanks Andrew
Replies 26 Views 885 Read More
Re: How are RealTracks manufactured? musocity 02/29/24 11:40 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
With RealTracks some are basic compared to others that may have more material and more keys. If you want to create UserTracks don't use the 1min UserTrack templates as they are useless. The more material recorded the better but the bigger the file will be especially if they are stereo tracks. PG need to make UserTracks be made to allow for Midi UserTracks, this will let you correct any chord easily, you can use a midi synth to create UserTracks, you can also upload the UserTrack as Midi then the users can render them to wav using any VSTi they like. If you look here Guitar, Acoustic, Nylon Multi Ev8 120 and here Multi Variations UserTracks Feedback ????? they will give you an idea of what you can do in the 2024 version of Biab. [Linked Image]
Replies 6 Views 291 Read More
Re: mMaj7 chords (audio) BIABman 02/29/24 11:38 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by ThomasS
But now I realize you are trying to replicate an exact recorded track. May I suggest that if you’re trying to “get it close to the organ part in a Wes Montgomery recording” and you’re “just aiming to use it for practice,” then perhaps BIAB is not the best tool for this purpose? Attempting to use BIAB to absolutely faithfully reproduce a commercial track note-for-note is like trying to drive in a nail with a screw-driver. It’s not the best tool for that. Anyway, since you are just wanting to practice with the track, HERE (Play) is your track which I ran through RipX and told it to take out the guitar, which took less than 5 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I think BIAB is absolutely fantastic for making tracks to practice to. But in your case it seems you want very specific duplication of a track, so in this instance perhaps you could do it better, or quicker, with other tools.
Thanks Thomas for taking the time to fill me in on all of this and also for making that track. smile I'll need a password though before I can gain access to it. I just quickly told Dan what the song was and what I was trying to do. I am definitely not trying to faithfully reproduce the organ in that recording, note for note! Any organ sounding reasonably similar in tone and playing the correct chords would suffice for me. I don't think that's being too fussy. smile
Re: mMaj7 chords (audio) DrDan 02/29/24 11:33 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks. This started in BIAB when I entered the chords that you see. The chords came from the original sheet music chart. There were a couple extensions which were not possible to enter into BIAB so these I fudged. When done in BIAB I save the "chord track" for an accurate midi arrangement of the block chords. Then I opened Reaper, inserted the BIAB-VST and within the VST opened the midi arrangement file from BIAB. Then I could drag and drop the block chord midi and the chord labels into Reaper. Finally I put in the Toontrack Session Organ VSTi to play the midi chords. So no RTs were used! No BIAB Style was used! The organ is not trying to provide a diverse rhymic performance, it is just comping the chords. This leaves lots of room for the soloist to play the melody and/or improvise. This is a very typical workflow for me. Dan
Re: You Don't Wanna Be John Wesley Hardin. Brad Williams 02/29/24 11:22 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great song Vic. I loved the story you put forth and thought the intro was very cool. You've really got a way with Western songs! I thought some of the BGV's were a little off, but that could just be me.
Replies 36 Views 1,114 Read More
Re: mMaj7 chords (audio) musocity 02/29/24 11:16 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
Here you will hear every note that you see and only the notes specified by the chords. The only limitation is that the midi was written in BIAB so not all the extensions I wanted to add were available, but they could be added and adjusted in the DAW as needed. This was a pleasent distraction for me. Thanks for pointing me to this oldy but goody.
Great ! so hopefully we will see some UserTracks, looking forward to them.
Re: Restore the Refresh function AudioTrack 02/29/24 11:09 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I also support that this function be restored. +1
Replies 9 Views 352 Read More
Re: Edit Style and save as Favorite? AudioTrack 02/29/24 10:58 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Possibly you want a combination of Style Maker and then StylePicker > Options> Set Style as Favorite: [Linked Image]
Replies 4 Views 131 Read More
Re: Edit Style and save as Favorite? AudioTrack 02/29/24 10:56 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You would need to use the Style Maker. I got this information by searching help. It may not be exactly what you want.
Replies 4 Views 131 Read More
Re: lauch stylepicker showing style with selected midi Charlie Fogle 02/29/24 10:50 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
No worries. I didn't take your comment that way. This is the wish list and SBM was posting his concerns properly and they're valid points. I wasn't doing a good job explaining the step being missed. Your follow up comments may help him and others.
Replies 12 Views 375 Read More
Re: You Don't Wanna Be John Wesley Hardin. DC Ron 02/29/24 10:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Vic, super tune! The acoustic canopy you built across the arrangement supports your vocals perfectly. No, the guitar solo isn't too long at all. I could have listened to it a bit longer. Maybe all day. Ha! Great cautionary tale indeed. "Four sixes to beat" is a great exit line. Glad you're feeling better!
Replies 36 Views 1,114 Read More
Re: How to reinstall AudioTrack 02/29/24 10:42 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You should download and install these files, as it looks like you have old versions: realtracks406-411.exe realtracks417-422.exe realtracks423-425.exe
Will that resolve the missing RealTracks #429?
Page 122 of 133 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 132 133
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,461
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195