Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: AEROMAN rsdean 02/28/24 11:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Torrey, Thank you for the kind words. Bob
Replies 46 Views 1,157 Read More
Re: A qualify option for the "Filter String" in the Multipicker shlind 02/28/24 11:02 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It would also be nice to have some level of "Exclude" qualifiers in the search options.
Replies 4 Views 134 Read More
Re: mMaj7 chords (audio) BIABman 02/28/24 10:53 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for helping out Dr.Dan!
Originally Posted by DrDan
Just to clarify we are listening only to that Organ RT which has no notation right? I have the chords playing on Utility #1, but that is just my default. So I will mute those which by the way does have notation and is spot on.
Yes that is correct. I was just focusing on the Organ track. I had a midi bass track, but for some reason it wasn't playing on my system. I just added a Super Midi Bass track for our next go (see below).
That specific organ RT sounds like a Hammond B3 with draw bars which intentionally add upper harmonies such as the 9th and 13th - it is just the nature of that beast. I have recently been playing a B3 and it is a marvel at what extra sounds are added based on setup of the draw bars.
Yes it's possible that could explain some of the extraneous notes.
If I am correct, than if you substitute a Piano RT for the Organ you should see everything settle down in your chord notes. I know you want the Organ, but you may just have to settle. Or perhaps you could try new Toontrack B3, where you can edit the beejeebiz out of the instrument and eliminate the draw bars. Just a thought.
For the purpose of this exercise I have substituted a Piano RT for the organ as you suggested. You are correct I do want an organ sound (although it could be another organ RT) but for now I just want to hear the chords played properly, so the test continues. Piano 743 is what I am using now. Unfortunately it is actually worse than the organ! frown Here are the results: C > Cadd9 CMaj7 > OK now FMaj7 > F69 F > FMaj7 Fm > Fm9 Fm7 > Fm9 Abm > Abm9 EbMaj7 > EbMaj7 Eb6 EbMaj9 > EbMaj7 Eb6 Ebm9 > OK now Bbsus > Bb9sus Bb7sus > Bb9sus Ab7b9 > AbAdd9 Ab7#9 > Ab13 Cm6 > Cm9 Only two chords were corrected. Many stayed the same and a few more bad 'translations' occurred. Some real 'standouts' are: Ab7b9 > AbAdd9 Ab7#9 > Ab13 Cm6 > Cm9 Maybe PGMusic can add this as one of their 50 new features next go around? They could call them 'Real Standouts'. smile Here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1qdsqjqvyvsbo4sevzijw/Chords-NA-disabled-Piano-743-Super-Midi-Bass.SGU?rlkey=iihoef29276x8k05rahh4h056&dl=0
Replies 52 Views 1,488 Read More
2024 BIAB AND REAL BAND ARE BEAUTIFUL David Snyder 02/28/24 10:51 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
WOW. Just WOW. 2024 BIAB and Real Band are BEAUTIFUL. My jaw dropped when I saw the new feel and look and features of Real Band, as a person who spends so much time there. Hurrah. Bravo. Magnificent. GREAT job everyone. And the new Real Tracks? I can't catch my breath y'all. Now were' talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies 5 Views 223 Read More
Re: Hierarchical sort for the list columns in the multipicker. Matt Finley 02/28/24 10:49 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, sorting on multiple key fields would be very helpful
Replies 6 Views 178 Read More
Re: Can i use "real" instruments to play melody mrgeeze 02/28/24 10:45 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by E. H. Hackney
Yes, I understand the rudiments of midi and have been using it with biab for years. But some of the midi instruments, especially the horns, aren't very good. But you answered my question. Thanks.
Some of the midi instrument sound libraries available are indeed, not very good. But some are much better. Some are actually worth spending money on Spitfire has some great orchestral horns. Native Instruments also offers some good horn stuff. But neither of these are free (although Spitfire did have a freebie a couple years ago). In general Midi instrument voice quality is much (MUCH) better than it used to be. For my $.02 It remains a bit of a "you get what you pay for". Also you can't play a trumpet like a guitar. Or vice versa. For midi instruments to sound compelling, you have to play as if you understand the instrument voice you are using. I'm sure there are bargains. I just don't know much about them. As I age I'm more willing to pony up the $$ and buy the quality stuff.
Replies 4 Views 244 Read More
Re: Signs Al-David 02/28/24 10:38 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Misha, I thought I'd commented on this yesterday. I remember listening to it. Oh well, getting old comes with new adventures! Your music is always so well done in every aspect. You are a great creator! This is just so good! the composition, arrangement, theme - everything - is as good as it gets. Excellent!!! A very topical subject Wishing you the very best. Alan
Replies 20 Views 702 Read More
Re: Hierarchical sort for the list columns in the multipicker. Cerio 02/28/24 10:32 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1
Re: A qualify option for the "Filter String" in the Multipicker Cerio 02/28/24 10:24 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1000. There's still a lot of room for improvement in the filters area (I'll try to elaborate later, in a separate post)
Replies 4 Views 134 Read More
Re: Old Empty Shoebox Janice & Bud 02/28/24 09:55 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well thank you Al for starting this! As always it’s a wonderful story. We could spend a long time trying to nail our fav lines but, man, this one is standout. “now she has to choose between the thrill of the danger or one more poor excuse” Another vignette like something out of “Travels with Charley.” Excellent vocals, guitars, and steel all put together in a great mix. Sounds like a fine live band in a small venue. And we love the cover art! Enjoyed it, J&B
Replies 36 Views 1,610 Read More
Re: Can i use "real" instruments to play melody E. H. Hackney 02/28/24 09:42 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, I understand the rudiments of midi and have been using it with biab for years. But some of the midi instruments, especially the horns, aren't very good. But you answered my question. Thanks.
Replies 4 Views 244 Read More
Re: Hierarchical sort for the list columns in the multipicker. MarioD 02/28/24 09:22 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1
Re: Support for VST3 plug-ins DrDan 02/28/24 08:30 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 7 Views 705 Read More
Re: Hierarchical sort for the list columns in the multipicker. Jim Fogle 02/28/24 07:57 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1
Re: mMaj7 chords (audio) DrDan 02/28/24 07:57 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Just to clarify we are listening only to that Organ RT which has no notation right? I have the chords playing on Utility #1, but that is just my default. So I will mute those which by the way does have notation and is spot on. That specific organ RT sounds like a Hammond B3 with draw bars which intentionally add upper harmonies such as the 9th and 13th - it is just the nature of that beast. I have recently been playing a B3 and it is a marvel at what extra sounds are added based on setup of the draw bars. If I am correct, than if you substitute a Piano RT for the Organ you should see everything settle down in your chord notes. I know you want the Organ, but you may just have to settle. Or perhaps you could try new Toontrack B3, where you can edit the beejeebiz out of the instrument and eliminate the draw bars. Just a thought. ... btw, I just tried to add the EZk2 Session Organ as a plugin on the Chords Track to hear it play over these chords, but alas... BIAB is not compatible with VST3! mad Lets see what others have to say...
Replies 52 Views 1,488 Read More
Re: ”Hide Forever” feature for objects: Styles, RTs and RDs Jim Fogle 02/28/24 07:56 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
How would you turn them back on if you can't see them?
Replies 5 Views 150 Read More
Re: Just Having Fun - 2 WaoBand 02/28/24 07:55 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great original and quirky piece, to the point I'd say it was quirkier than a quirky thing on a very quirky day. Oddly - or quirkily - right after it began I visualising a quirky squirrel hopping from branch to branch and tree to tree in its quest find the quambrosia and quectar of the squirrel gods. To put it another way it was a really enjoyable and a fun listen. It would work brilliantly as a cartoon soundtrack.
Replies 28 Views 889 Read More
Re: Foreign Correspondents DC Ron 02/28/24 07:51 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Ron. As usual, someone else beat me to the comment: you never fail to put out a solid pop track. Bright, musical, solid vocals. Fun listen! laugh
Thanks, David! Glad you enjoyed it.
Originally Posted by firesong
Ron...very nice indeed! clever write and great production...D.A.'s vocals are incredible...clear and pitch perfect and the harmony is the very best!...the mix is pro all the way...very very Crosby, Stills and Nash...Wow!! Dan
Why, THANK YOU, Dan!
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
I'm with ya on loving the lyrics of R.W. Davis. Good storyteller with consideration for the vowels the singer will hold. Vocals sound outstnding too. Love all you do, Ron. David Crosy has always been a favorite.
Thank you, Marty! A funny back story is that my lyricist had been sending me his "poetry" for years before it clicked that these were song lyrics. Doh! Thanks for the listens and the compliments to the team!
Originally Posted by tommyad
Another super vocal. The harmonies are spot on. I figured I’d be in for a time travel experience and I was right. You have cornered the market on this nostalgic sound. Very good production all around. Perfectly executed, Tom
Tommy, glad you enjoyed it! Dusty's marvelous vocals can't make a stinker of a song good, but they can make a good song sound GREAT. I still learn things each time I listen to him. Thanks for the listen!
Replies 29 Views 854 Read More
Re: She Took My Truck WaoBand 02/28/24 07:40 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Lovely rhythm track and mix.
Replies 17 Views 726 Read More
Re: AEROMAN WaoBand 02/28/24 07:35 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Phew! This song is incredible chord structure-wise, excellently sampled tracking, arrangement and mix, plus it has the flow and vibe I can see other artists wanting to cover. It's great as it is, but it has even greater potential. It's simply musically excellent.
Replies 46 Views 1,157 Read More
Re: JEREMIAD #66 (That's What America Looks Like)_David Snyder WaoBand 02/28/24 07:23 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very Dylaneque as everyone else has commented, though as it started I thought the first words would be "Call out the instigators / Because there's something in the air" laugh
Replies 23 Views 679 Read More
Re: THIS OLD TOWN Torrey Bliss 02/28/24 07:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by laurent4114
Beautiful song, divinely sung. Well done Torrey Laurent
Thanks Laurent! I really appreciate it! TB
Replies 59 Views 2,586 Read More
Re: Title: 夏の名残り(Translation: The Remnants Of The summer) Fusion Ballad with Female Vocal WaoBand 02/28/24 07:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I love the 'very real scenario' lyrics, but musically I much prefer the Scat version as it has that lovely dreamy 60s soundtrack vibe.
Replies 48 Views 2,237 Read More
Re: Please improve the multipicker Library. jpettit 02/28/24 07:10 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1 This is a good example of my Workflow thread and the topic of workflow. There are literally dozens and dozens of these examples. This is what we mean when we say take a year off from adding 50+ new features and "fix BIAB as is". In other words, the so-called 50+ new features are all workflow/bug related.
Replies 13 Views 475 Read More
Re: Sometimes I still Think Of You Al-David 02/28/24 07:03 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi J&B, Thank you so much. Glad you enjoy my efforts. That's the best compliment a creator can get - praise from his/her contemporaries. I appreciate it a lot. Wait until you hear the next one - 21 tracks! It's something I wrote - along with four others - for a friend who's an aspiring screenwriter. He has appointments with some production companies in late March and mid April. He wanted bg music for each pitch. They're different from the usual fare in some cases. It's spec music for his needs, not necessarily the way I would have written them. But he's the one writing the checks! Take care. And thanks again. Alan PS: The only thing I've mastered is saying "Yes, Ma'am" and "Would you like that today or yesterday?" to Di. I'm real good at that!
Replies 34 Views 1,112 Read More
Page 127 of 132 1 2 125 126 127 128 129 131 132
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,393
Posts732,475
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195