Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Re: NOISE in recording through Interface. by Planobilly @ 08/29/21 06:20 AM

Here is what I have to deal with...lol Billy
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Samplab by chulaivet1966 @ 08/29/21 06:16 AM

Howdy Matt.... Thanks for the link to the other thread. Have a great day....
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Jump to new posts Re: HOW TO: Remove patch changes from MIDI file by Matt Finley @ 08/29/21 05:53 AM

#-button? I do it like you, Noel, using the Step Edit function. I’ll have to look at this.
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Jump to new posts Check your power outlet. by Matt Finley @ 08/29/21 05:48 AM

I recently bought a bunch of outlet testers by Klein Tools. They are $20 at Home Depot. These orange ones replaced the old yellow ones that I’ve had for many decades. The difference is that the new ones have a text readout in addition to the three-light pattern that shows missing ground, reversed hot and neutral, etc. Why is this important? I carry several of these in gig bags and won’t plug any audio equipment into an outlet that is mis-wired. An outlet incorrectly wired can cause dama
Jump to new posts Re: NOISE in recording through Interface. by VideoTrack @ 08/29/21 05:34 AM

This 240 Volt power socket tester is a handy piece of kit to make sure active, neutral and earth are all correctly connected. It's locally available and setup for Australian power outlets.
Jump to new posts Re: NOISE in recording through Interface. by Matt Finley @ 08/29/21 05:27 AM

You are right, a 20K Hz signal won’t be heard except maybe by grandchildren, but it will affect plug-ins attempting to analyze and process sound. I just looked up and discovered 50 Hz is your power frequency in Australia. It’s 60 Hz in the US. That doesn’t change any of my answers. The tester I use now is a $20 tester at Home Depot made by Klein Tools. It has a text readout in addition to the light pattern found on the $7 version that used to be all that was available. I have no idea i
Jump to new posts Re: Samplab by Matt Finley @ 08/29/21 05:10 AM

See the other thread on this. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=670409#Post670409 It has several limitations at the moment; that’s probably why it’s free now.
Jump to new posts Re: Samplab by chulaivet1966 @ 08/29/21 04:55 AM

Howdy Bob.... Interesting VST....no doubt. I could anticipate giving it a try but I'm always wary of 'free' stuff sites and their offerings. Have you tried it? Thanks for posting the link. Carry on....
Jump to new posts Re: NOISE in recording through Interface. by rayc @ 08/29/21 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: PlanobillyYou need to first check that there is a proper ground for the electrical system in your new house. A little two-dollar tester will be enough. Different electrical outlets frequently have a different ground reference value. Plug into one plug. Turn off your cell phone. Turn off the lights. Turn off electrical appliances one by one. Record just the ambient noise to see what you can hear. I can hear my wife talking on the phone downstairs out in the backyard with t
Jump to new posts Re: NOISE in recording through Interface. by rayc @ 08/29/21 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt FinleyCould you please elaborate, what do you mean by 20 kHZ peak? Most of us here haven’t been able to hear that high in over 50 years. How does this limit show itself? Your dog knows, but isn’t saying. Assuming all your cables are the same as in the other location, are they all shielded?Do mic and speaker cables run parallel to power lines? Did you get an AC outlet tester to make sure the house is wired correctly (no reversed or floating grounds)? Is all the a
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Never Been In Love by NigelSpiers @ 08/29/21 04:22 AM

Hi Tunemonger, Thanks for all your positive comments - much appreciated. I will post a few more of my songs over the next 4 months featuring Susan de Jong and other top New Zealand musicians. Best Regards Nigel
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Frozen Tracks Direct Input Choice by JohnJohnJohn @ 08/29/21 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: PipelineIf you have a frozen track just how you like it BUT you would rather Direct Input to add your own FX. This can be done manually by temporally replacing the normal RT folder with the Direct Input RT folder then export the track. D:\bb\RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockBritSoulful Ev 085 D:\bb\RealTracks\Direct Input\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockBritSoulful Ev 085 Direct Input Biab should give this as an option simply by changing the RT path name to go either w
Jump to new posts Re: NOISE in recording through Interface. by rayc @ 08/29/21 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: DSMTry recording with the lights off. Those tracklights maybe part of the problem. ...Deb Thanks Deb, That is one of a couple of things I'm interested in. they generate heat, they don't generate much light and the wiring of them s always a little suss.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Thanks Simon, looking forward to seeing it implemented.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Frozen Tracks Direct Input Choice by Pipeline @ 08/29/21 01:54 AM

If you have a frozen track just how you like it BUT you would rather Direct Input to add your own FX. This can be done manually by temporally replacing the normal RT folder with the Direct Input RT folder then export the track. D:\bb\RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockBritSoulful Ev 085 D:\bb\RealTracks\Direct Input\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockBritSoulful Ev 085 Direct Input Biab should give this as an option simply by changing the RT path name to go either way, normal or direct input.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Isolate what measures to re-generate by JohnJohnJohn @ 08/29/21 12:41 AM

I will repeat what I have said in the past...users like Charlie and Pipeline are an amazing resource for PGM and this forum. They clearly understand this software quite deeply. I, on the other hand, do NOT understand it deeply nor do I wish to! I simply want to use it to produce cool tracks and then get out of it as quickly as possible and into something modern like my DAW. Work-arounds like the one Charlie presented are welcome and useful but when they require more steps and depth of knowledg
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Isolate what measures to re-generate by JohnJohnJohn @ 08/29/21 12:28 AM

I agree 100% with Rustyspoon! +1 for request -1 for <<workarounds>>
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: Render audio for utility track by Pipeline @ 08/29/21 12:19 AM

Just drag the track name from the mixer:
Jump to new posts Samplab by Rob4580 @ 08/28/21 08:45 PM

New free plugin that turns audio into midi Samplab
Off-Topic
OK, now I'm looking into using UserTracks to automate this process, at least for chord progressions: 1) BIAB: Export UserTrack template yadayadayada.sgu to MIDI 2) Logic: Import MIDI, invert, render to audio 3) BIAB: Use inverted audio file for UserTrack audio file yadayadayada.wav ======== TEST RESULTS SO FAR: Tracky McTrackface, a UserTrack template played with a cheesy MIDI style https://soundcloud.com/mark_hayes/trackymctrackface Tracky McTrackface transformed, using inversion UserTrac
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Drum Lead Ins into Reaper by Pipeline @ 08/28/21 08:31 PM

This will import the chords to regions ReaTrak Biab SGU MGU.. to regions.lua just remove the .mp4 and load the script in the Reaper Actions window.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts STRAWBERRIES & BREAD by rayc @ 08/28/21 08:25 PM

Stawberries & Bread Draft Here's a quick edit that has made the spaghetti clearer and added, experimentally, some Ahhs.I also knocked some vocal out at 3300Hz as it seemed a bit strident. Strawberries and Bread 9bc - ahhs. One step further along the path. I've swapped some guitars...tweaked the spaghetti, reduced the compensatory EQ on the vocals and fiddle faddled about here 'n' there. strawberries & bread-10 A quick track based on the very limited shopping list my wife &am
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Isolate what measures to re-generate by Rustyspoon# @ 08/28/21 08:07 PM

Pipeline, ha ha Well... Complete user editable skins could be something to consider in the future.
User Showcase
Originally Posted By: Deej56Rob, Love your stuff—this one’s a real throwback. Dial the years back 40 or 50 years and this is a number one single. Got an Elvis feel to it—your vocal in particular—but a darker edge as well. . . and yet still a toe tapper. Great back up vocals on this. Really cool cut! All my best to you, Deej Hello Deej. Thank you for your encouragement. Rob4580
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: "Everybody's Life Gets Tough" by Rob4580 @ 08/28/21 08:04 PM

Hi Mark. I enjoyed this very much. Great lyrics band and production. All the best Rob
Page 132 of 172 < 1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 171 172 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 contient quelques 80 fonctionnalités inédites!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021® cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir : 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAKs 10 et 11, et bien plus encore!

Achat | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

VIDEO: Band-in-a-Box® Works Great in Windows®11!

Here's an introductory look at Band-in-a-Box® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34878 Members
66 Forums
70856 Topics
613452 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Best grade, hsaskbb7, John Norgaard, pratanubanerjee, it1776

34881 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 178