Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Is there a way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? AudioTrack 04/21/24 12:09 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by foxwaves
This is simply an OCD issue, but is there a quick and easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? Click-and-drag doesn't seem to work. I'm used to doing it that way in Reaper, and would be surprised if there isn't an easy way to re-order tracks in BIAB. Thanks!
The answer, unfortunately, is no. You currently cannot do this from within the BIAB program.
Replies 10 Views 299 Read More
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie Noel96 04/21/24 12:04 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Hans. You and Anne-Marie have done a fantastic job. In the past, I have always loved listening to each of you sing. Having you both together in a single song is great ear-candy for me smile And your voices fit together so very, very well. Kudos to you on this work! I have to confess that I empathise with way too many of the lyrics. I love what you've created and what the two of you have produced. --Noel P.S. I enjoyed the lyric video too! That was a good touch.
Replies 29 Views 700 Read More
Re: Square Peg Noel96 04/20/24 11:51 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Izzy. This is seriously terrific listening. You've done an awesome job writing, arranging and producing this. Kudos to you smile I loved the lyrics and the unfolding story, and all framed by a very creative backing. It's two thumbs up from me! --Noel
Replies 14 Views 310 Read More
Re: My tango for Django Noel96 04/20/24 11:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bonjour, Chris. Wow!!! This is first-class listening (and then some). I love what you've done. It's kind of like Stéphane Grappelli meets Django Reinhardt meets the tango. Absolutely terrific listening! --Noel
Replies 10 Views 115 Read More
Re: "Floating Piano" - (instrumental) Noel96 04/20/24 11:37 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Carl, I love the musical ambience you create. The mood is reflective, thoughtful, contemplative. In fact, it's perfect listening for a gray cloudy Sunday here in Melbourne at 9:30 a.m. And what a wonderful and inspired arrangement. You lead the listener on a journey of wonderful sounds that weave together and never stops being interesting. "Beautiful music" at its best smile --Noel
Replies 16 Views 422 Read More
Re: Is there a way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? musocity 04/20/24 11:25 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Re: Missing RealTracks Picker in BBPlugin musocity 04/20/24 11:19 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
The plugin needs the multipicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!
The plugin needs it's own multipicker otherwise BBW4 multipicker dialog would have to be open all the time. Using BBW4 it would need to leave the multipicker dialog open and always ontop, and be able to read all the instruments currently on each track in the Plugin. They just need to bite the bullet and put it all in one plugin rather than 2 apps: [Linked Image]
Replies 10 Views 369 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro shlind 04/20/24 11:19 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I just made a quick test with one song and it worked fine for me (I have not tried SMP with EZKeys before) Loaded the song into SMP Exported MusicXML Loaded MusicXML into MuseScore4 Exported partiture as midi Dragged the midi into EZKeys2 chord line (only the chord name line, I didn't drag in the midi line) It seems to work fine for that single file that I tested. All chords names and extensions loaded into the correct places in the time line the song had parts with several chords in a bar, and chords with various extensions. I did not change any Keys. The song was in the correct key in SMP and was loaded with the correct key into EZK. Maybe it works better if leaving the key cange to the last instans ie in EZKeys once the chords are loaded. I just tested one song and that one worked fine for me. EDIT:---- I only tested that the chord names were imported correctly (not the chord midi). I did another test later it also worked fine but here I had misses in two places eg one bar with G-G/D-G/D-G/D was loaded as 4 G/D and similar on one other bar, but in overall the rest was correct and worked well and it was quite a complicated chord structure and chord types. (I also tried to import the midi file to BIAB but that required a lot of editing, the amount seems to vary depending of the song. To import chords from SMP to BIAB from MusicXML via MuseSCore while waiting for a bug fix see posting above). (I have reported the problems with loading MusicXML files into BIAB to PGMusic as a bug (assumed bug, BIAB only loading root names but not extensions) They can reproduce the problem and will have the developers look into it. If there are other problems with loading MusicXML into BIAB maybe it would be useful to notify them so they can fix it all in one go.)
Replies 89 Views 6,477 Read More
Re: What is a Chorus? justanoldmuso 04/20/24 11:10 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
for my songs to avoid confusion i just set chorus to one. then i use layers or bar lettering plus a number eg... I for intro V for verse C for chorus L for lead K for key change O for outtro etc etc So verse 3 would be V3 ...second lead break L2 sort of idea just build your own nomenclature in layers option. works for me. frankly without upsetting jazzers and have then jump all over me i think its time to reassess the use of the chorus term as it often confuses new users who think in terms of intro verse chorus lead break bridge outtro whatever. i know it confused me years ago ...when i started with bb. so i worked out my own nomenclature for different parts of a song. now that we have the fab new bb tracks view i feel a special track called song sections should be made under the time ruler where people enter names for different song sections eg...verse one or chorus 3 or whatever. see my wishlists sometime to save retyping....where i mention other unique tracks be added to bb like tempo and special drum tracks etc and lyrics track etc ... ps i dont like how rb does markers cos of time involved in the markers dialog. with a song sections or markers unique track under the time line...just type in directly on the track intro or verse or chorus wnatever. happiness. om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Replies 21 Views 840 Read More
Is there a way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? foxwaves 04/20/24 11:09 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is simply an OCD issue, but is there a quick and easy way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? Click-and-drag doesn't seem to work. I'm used to doing it that way in Reaper, and would be surprised if there isn't an easy way to re-order tracks in BIAB. Thanks!
Re: Cover bands vs. the alternatives - the choices for making money while making music. Notes Norton 04/20/24 11:04 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
In all the years I've been in the biz, I learned a lot about how to survive and not take a day job. I found I need covers, popular songs for the age group in front of me. Reading the audience in a new venue is important. What are they wearing, shoes, fashions, hairstyles, etc. This gives you an idea of what they are into. Play something safe first, and make friends. This is very essential, then judge the response for every song after, and that helps you decided what to play next. I don't do set lists, because I'm not clairvoyant and don't know what they will want in 10 minutes from now. And something safe is usually a cover. Don't let anyone tell you that you are selling out. You're playing music and getting paid for it. In school, I was first tenor in the all-state band, every year that I was eligible, and was given section leader, which is typically given to the first alto by default. When I graduated, I tried to join the Air Force Band, figuring I could pass the audition, but when I went for my scheduled physical, I just got over a bronchitis attack, and they gave me a 4F rating. That's when I went on the road with a rock band. It was a good time. Playing singles bars, before DJs took that away, hitting on the females (I was 18 and well, you know), seeing this great country and getting paid for it. We did covers, and if that was selling out, selling out is a good thing. At one time during my career, I wished I was in a jazz band, but I know and knew I couldn't pay the rent that way. So I did covers. If you ask me what kind of band I want to be in today? It wouldn't be a jazz band, it wouldn't be a tribute band either. I would miss the variety. I'm in a duo that does big band swing, rock from 50s to 90s, country, Caribbean, more modern pop, a bit of jazz, occasionally a swing band song, some Latin American, and so on. Putting on the different hats and trying my best to be authentic in each different genre is fun for me. Our songlist https://www.nortonmusic.com/cats/songlist.html I want to be in a variety band. Many years ago, when I got out of the singles bars and started playing more adult venues, another musician gave me some great advice. He said “If you want to stay working in this business, you have to be a chameleon.” That served me well, I've played in a few different genre bands, and was never out of work until the COVID lockdown. So for those who want to stay working, I'm passing that advice on to you. Be a chameleon, and have fun. Those who call you a sell-out probably aren't getting steady work. Notes ♫
Replies 12 Views 312 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro DrDan 04/20/24 10:33 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
My workflow is a tad different. Currently, I want to get the Chord Chart out of SMP and into EZKeys2. EZKeys2 does not input xml. While it can work directly with an audio file, I don't like the chords I am getting from that path. 1) Run SMP on song mp3 2) Opps I see the mp3 is in Key F#, I want it in F. No problem SMP can transpose all the chords. Good 3) Save chord chart as xml. Good 5) Open xml in MuseScore. Good, but wait. The MuseScore chart is in Key of F#. Apparently the key change in SMP did not effect the xml output 6) Change the key in MuseScore to F. Good, but wait while the key change works the chords DO NOT CHANGE. They remain in F#. Bad, must mean the chord names are only "labels"? OK, I will adjust this later in the workflow. 7) Export Song as midi file. 8) Drag and drop midi file into EZKeys2 9 Well now we have a real mess. EZKeys lists the F# chords but can not transscrbe to F! Here is where I started to spin. Repeated over and over, with slight differences. No Joy. I could not get the proper chords into EZKeys. Now I could tell a similar tale of woe working with BIAB instead of Musescore in this workflow. But others have already identified issues with importing xml into BIAB. Thanks for asking. Dan
Re: Song Master Pro Gordon Scott 04/20/24 10:24 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Cerio
The XML won't include notes nor lyrics, just chords, parts, key and tempo, which is exactly what I expect to import in musescore. As far as I know Reaper or any other DAW won't import that XML, simply because most DAWS are not designed to work with that info. Importing the XML into musescore has worked flawlessly for me (and I've been using SMP a lot during these last months), so I suspect there's something you're not doing correctly. Would you mind to share your project here?
XML should handle all the notes, lyrics, key, tempo and notational stuff like crescendos and trills. Should != does frown
Re: What is a Chorus? Gordon Scott 04/20/24 10:18 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by David Snyder
No matter what jazz players might use as their vocabulary, most common songs have verses and choruses, per se, meaning that the chorus is different in dynamics than the verse or the bridge, often more busy or more energetic.
... though it probably is the root of much confusion as BIAB makes a kind of hybrid interpretation. I guess most here will know the following, but if it helps anyone... Although it isn't by any means a rule, a jazz song usually has a core form, often 32 measures where each of four groups of eight measures have an nominal identifier ... that AABA that Matt mentioned, though there are also other forms, of course. Sometimes there's an intro/"verse" and sometimes a tag/coda/outro. In the AABA, that B section is usually know as the "middle eight" and is often the more energetic style as David describes. The usual way a song is [Intro] AABA with the written melody, probably multiple AABAs each with an solo, a final AABA with the written melody then the tag/coda/outro. That all differs a bit from a conventional non-jazz structure, which usually has some mix of intro verses, choruses, bridge, pre-somethings. The typically simpler for of a jazz song helps with keeping track of where we are in a song whilst various people are doing solos which may vary significantly from the original melody. I really must try again with that "song form" feature.
Re: Song Master Pro Cerio 04/20/24 09:43 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
Purchased today. What a frikin mess trying to transfer the chord chart to anythink which I can use in my DAW!! A huge dissappointment. It looked so promising!!!
What are you trying to import in your Daw exactly? The XML won't include notes nor lyrics, just chords, parts, key and tempo, which is exactly what I expect to import in musescore. As far as I know Reaper or any other DAW won't import that XML, simply because most DAWS are not designed to work with that info. Importing the XML into musescore has worked flawlessly for me (and I've been using SMP a lot during these last months), so I suspect there's something you're not doing correctly. Would you mind to share your project here?
Re: What is a Chorus? David Snyder 04/20/24 09:29 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Something fairly significant has been overlooked in this discussion. No matter what jazz players might use as their vocabulary, most common songs have verses and choruses, per se, meaning that the chorus is different in dynamics than the verse or the bridge, often more busy or more energetic. Thus if you do a part marker on something that you want to be a chorus then you would make that part marker green by clicking it once so that band in a box knows that it's a chorus and will use the chorus style of the particular style or tracks that you're using. Those tracks will then become a little bit more energetic with more fills and more drive and that kind of thing so that everyone knows oh yeah we're in the chorus. I agree it is kind of confusing that they would use the jazz nomenclature on "full song" repeats but I guess it's just shorthand for number of repeats or times through for most people. I never use those "full song form" repeats as I use the song form feature to lay out the song in its entirety. However it is important to remember that if you're writing a standard song you usually want your choruses to have a green part marker with most styles so that they actually sound like choruses. Of course you can choose any number of different part markers and assign different styles to those but for the most part blue means verse or bridge and green means chorus. This would be an important distinction for anyone who is learning Band in a Box for the first time. I know this is important because I have helped people set up band in a box who are newbies and when they sent me their SGU files I noticed that the entire song was using blue part markers. So I suspect that it's something people need to be alerted to if they've just purchased the product.
Re: Are You Getting Ready? David Snyder 04/20/24 09:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very nice Dan! Great Praise and Worship tune! smile
Replies 15 Views 330 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro DrDan 04/20/24 08:28 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
is that a long-winded way of telling me let the buyer beware?. Or I should’ve known better.
Re: Song Master Pro DrDan 04/20/24 07:31 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Purchased today. What a frikin mess trying to transfer the chord chart to anythink which I can use in my DAW!! A huge dissappointment. It looked so promising!!! Wrong Key or Wrong Chords or Wrong timing. Sent xml to BIAB. That looked good, but there was not a good agreement with the chord names and the midi was using "held" chords across bars instead of replaying the chord. I don't think I have ever seen BIAB do that. When I sent xml to MuseScore, all the right names but the key was wrong. Chart was F (one b), but the chords were F#. Tried text output but that just throws an error. All I can do is stare at this output and wonder what is going on...
The 'chord Hold' function doesn't work (ie G...) Albertjmd 04/20/24 07:11 PM Forum: I want a video that shows me how to .... Jump to new postsJump to new posts
When I use the 'hold' tag (ie G...) it acts like the staccato tag (ie G..) They are both doing the same thing. I have just installed Audiophile 2024 on Windows. Is there a way to correct this? Help will be much appreciated.
Replies 1 Views 52 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) Janice & Bud 04/20/24 05:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter. This is fantastic listening. I loved the journey. The image below is a really good representation of what I was looking like and what I was feeling as I listened. [Linked Image] The melody, the harmony, Janice's exquisite vocals (lead and harmony), the superb lyrics and Peter's awesome guitar work sat so very comfortably on my psyche. What a great chorus!
    I always come alive in the evening listening to the night birds singing surrounded by the glow of fireflies I no longer think of blue skies
These lines are highly visual and I felt like I could almost reach out and touch the fireflies. Then when verse 2 came along...
    when the full moon is shining bright that’s when my spirit takes flight walking through a field of silver dew with every step my soul renews
...I felt like I was the character in the song. From start to finish, I was with you all, all the way, and fully involved in the unfolding story. Terrific everything! --Noel
Noel, you are too kind! It is a real treat for you to quote the lyric since we so appreciate your lyrical skills. "From start to finish, I was with you all, all the way, and fully involved in the unfolding story" We can't ask for more than that which describes or should about anyone's objective with a tune. We hugely appreciate your time, the image and the generous comments! J&B
Replies 35 Views 926 Read More
Re: Blue Guitar - Remix - Spirit Level aka Robert C and Scott C Janice & Bud 04/20/24 05:22 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well, your guitar steals the show, Scott, as it is lovely! The melancholy lyric fits Robert’s vocals well. These lines especially got our attention: “if there is no ship to see in passing morning clouds why do we cling to dreams like sailors in the shrouds” That’s another cool AI vid too and your mix and master are ace! J&B
Replies 17 Views 490 Read More
Re: Square Peg Birchwood 04/20/24 05:15 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Izzy, Well, what an entrance on this forum (except the encounter we had)! Welcome! I hope you can find what you're looking for, but you certainly introduced something we don't offen hear here. Or, let me speak for myself, I haven't. But your song is pleasantly surprise. I can imagine it is a bit scary to introduce your first song on the forum. But let me tell you, it is a good one! Good vocals, lyrics, beat and especially the start /end with the piano. Very good! I tried to sing a hiphop song once, but I failed. Not my thing (yet) . But tell me, the vocals are from? AI, synth, or? Enjoyed the song, Hans
Replies 14 Views 310 Read More
Re: Are You Getting Ready? Janice & Bud 04/20/24 05:08 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The lead and harmony vocals well represent the quick progress you are making with this technology. The whole thought of programming that and creating all the nuances makes our heads spin! smile The acoustic sounds excellent as does the entire mix. The helds are very nice. Well done! J&B
Replies 15 Views 330 Read More
Re: Cover bands vs. the alternatives - the choices for making money while making music. Bob Calver 04/20/24 05:04 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It takes time for people to like a song. Maybe with well known acts it happens quickly - like the new Taylor Swift tracks. But having recently heard a local singer songwriter trying to play to a local audience they just didn't connect even though I know they have a good following elsewhere. So when Notes plays Mustang Sally he's cashing in on years of airplay and the audience hear the song they know they like. I played in a 60s cover band for years and we knew the audience liked the songs we were playing. And we liked them too so it was no hardship- we had fun. Playing covers gives you a headstart in pleasing the audience. And don't forget the Beatles started out playing covers.
Replies 12 Views 312 Read More
Page 17 of 113 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 112 113
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,624
Posts735,210
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185