Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Amplitude as a plugin in BIAB by Jim Fogle @ 12/23/21 05:37 PM

Steinburg stopped supporting VST2 development early in 2013. They removed all access to the VST2 SDK development kit in +++ May, 2018 +++ Steinburg released the first VST3 specification in 2008. However the VST3 specification remains a moving target with the current specification at V3.7.4. On a side note the V3.7 specification includes full support for MIDI 2.0. V3.7 was released in 2020 about the same time as MIDI 2.0. My guess is there are some big changes regarding what a VST plugin
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Breeze by NigelSpiers @ 12/23/21 05:36 PM

Hi Alan, Nice song and good mix. Well done Best Regards Nigel
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Import MP3, automatically find similar styles by swingbabymix @ 12/23/21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim FogleBand-in-a-Box can not select a style based on importing an audio file. The StylePicker has a feature that you may find useful if you have a song title. Open the StylePicker Select the "Find Titles" button Enter a song title in the Filter String textbox Select OK - Find Matching Styles The point is that I rarely listen to these English songs, so where can I listen to these songs?
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Quote:has anyone here ever played a studio session??? I mean, actually?? Guilty. Too many to count over the decades. Why? Quote:…Is it not apparent that aside from whatever guitar you are going to play yourself, and vocals you are going sing, piano you are going to play, violin, pan flute, whatever, that NO ONE (or few) is going to be able to tell that the bass, synth, or mandolin came from BIAB??? Basses always give away that one is using BIAB. There are tricks to humanizing them but I ha
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Hello: I recently purchased, & having difficulties getting BIAB 2021 (UltraPAK+ upgrade) & RealBand MIDI to work properly/sound decent. BIAB 12 came with Virtual Sound Canvas, which seemed to sound great, but I haven't been able to get BIAB 2021 to sound anywhere near as good using Coyote WT or Sforzando... I'm sure it's user error. First - RealBand, I get an error msg. when I try to use Sforzando: "Your copy of PG Music Inc Band-in-a-Box Sounds is not activated...". So, ho
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Import MP3, automatically find similar styles by Jim Fogle @ 12/23/21 05:09 PM

Band-in-a-Box can not select a style based on importing an audio file. The StylePicker has a feature that you may find useful if you have a song title. Open the StylePicker Select the "Find Titles" button Enter a song title in the Filter String textbox Select OK - Find Matching Styles
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Merry Christmas Everyone! by bloc-head @ 12/23/21 04:59 PM

Merry Christmas to all...
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Amplitude as a plugin in BIAB by Simon - PG Music @ 12/23/21 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: TheMaartianSteinberg no longer supplies the VST2 development tools, so new plugin devs are limited to VST3 only. That's very good to know. I have heard that the VST3 format was difficult to code for, since the specs for it were constantly changing. Maybe now they're pulling VST2 support the spec for VST3 will have stabilized.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
+1
Jump to new posts Re: Record audio problem by Cerio @ 12/23/21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob HelmsCerio, describe what pops up at the end of a take, I.e. what options are presented. Do you get a pop up with any choices. What your describing sounds to me like you are getting a choice pop up or maybe wording has changed so it no longer clear. Not in from if the computer now, but I'm pretty sure that it happens no matter the options you choose. If you can, please try to record a second take in any track following the steps described on my first post, and let me
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Originally Posted By: Mark HayesI thought you meant this Bing. The smooth voice comes from the amount of grease in his hair I suspect. Did a lot for recording technology but eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
I use neither Goggle nor Bing. They both give very biased search results. DuckDuckGo & Ecosia are both more private and less spammed. Ecosia donates an huge amount to tree planting annually.
Very Nice! so far in my 15minutes of exercising my repeat steps I have NO Issues
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Chinese style pop songs, pipa,flute by MarioD @ 12/23/21 04:23 PM

A BIG +1
Jump to new posts Re: Changing styles within a song... by Funkifized @ 12/23/21 04:23 PM

Well, that's not ideal. Use that something that PG Music is likely to change in a future update? What if I use a style that incorporate Real Tracks *and* MIDI tracks?
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Import MP3, automatically find similar styles by BackingTrack @ 12/23/21 04:19 PM

One feature you can use is in the styles picker and search for the title of a well known song which will then give you BIAB style suggestions. Also, if you find a style you like, you can save it to a list of Favorites so you can quickly find it again without having to memorize. Others can comment on importing audio files.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts UNKNOWN PLAYER by 90 dB @ 12/23/21 04:02 PM

I ran across this guy, and wondered if you can guess who he is. Don't cheat, (don't Google the song title). Any guesses? https://90dbband.bandcamp.com/track/unknown-player Regards, Bob
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: MultiRiff for bar (beat 1,2,3,4) by Charlie Fogle @ 12/23/21 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: swingbabymixOriginally Posted By: Cerio[quote=swingbabymix] Yes, the downside is that when you edit a track, it becomes an "artist track", i.e., a wav file taking up space on your hard dis..... Why do I want to be more refined. In fact, what I need is silences. I find it very convenient to use multiriff to go to silences. In addition, sometimes some small melodies and small rhythms need to be more refined. The current situation is that we can only start from
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like A Breeze by Al-David @ 12/23/21 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: dani48Hi, Al & Di ! Wonderful music this, Al ! You really know how to make a catchy, lovely and beautiful tune ! This is a masterpiece ol´friend ! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Di too ! Cheers Dani Hi Dani ... Thanks for dropping in for a listen! I'm so glad you enjoyed the song. I apprecoiate all those really nice comments - many thanks! Here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Take care ... Alan
Jump to new posts Re: BIAB Win 2022 v912 Unceremonious Exits by Andrew - PG Music @ 12/23/21 03:35 PM

This should be fixed in build 914. This build is still in pre-release testing, however if you would like you can download it from: https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/patch/bb2022_win_update_build914.exe You can always install the previous patch if you run into any new problem.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Merry Christmas Everyone! by Janice & Bud @ 12/23/21 03:28 PM

Same to you folks and thanks for the joy we’ve had all year (and previous years) with Band-in -a-Box! J&B
Jump to new posts Re: Changing styles within a song... by Charlie Fogle @ 12/23/21 03:28 PM

<< What to do? >> Choose another style that's a RealStyle rather than a Midi Style or a Midi style rather than a RealStyle. Rockaah.sty is a RealStyle and Thrdwrld.sty is a Midi style. It must be one or the other to do what you're attempting. Charlie
Jump to new posts Re: Record audio problem by Rob Helms @ 12/23/21 03:24 PM

Cerio, describe what pops up at the end of a take, I.e. what options are presented. Do you get a pop up with any choices. What your describing sounds to me like you are getting a choice pop up or maybe wording has changed so it no longer clear.
Jump to new posts Re: Is there any way to get Bing out of my life? by Mark Hayes @ 12/23/21 03:20 PM

I thought you meant this Bing.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: January 1, 2022, is Public Domain Day by Mark Hayes @ 12/23/21 03:12 PM

It will be fun seeing versions of all that new old stuff turning up in newly legitimate "showcase" covers. I have posted versions of a number of Charles Ives compositions, and have to admit I did not look too deeply into the rights issue. My understanding at this point is that Ives is already PD in the United States but a slew of publishers still hold worldwide rights until 2024. In any case, I like this a lot: “Charles Ives refused to copyright his music, insisting that anyone be
Page 181 of 244 < 1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 243 244 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Ends This Weekend!

It's almost over!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows special ends on Saturday, January 15th!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm this Saturday!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

XPro Styles PAK 2 - Special Ends January 15th!

Our special is over at 11:59pm on January 15th!

We've added 100 new RealStyles more to our XPro Styles collection with the just-released XPro Styles PAK 2!

These fresh new RealStyles will work with the Band-in-a-Box® Pro package contents! In fact, these will work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows package!

The brand-new XPro Styles PAK 2 expands your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 style library with 100 fully-produced arrangements including 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles.

Our XPro Styles PAKs are ON SALE UNTIL January 15th! Add XPro Styles PAK 1 or 2 to your collection for only $29 each... that's 40% off our regular price of $49! Want them both? Order the XPro Styles PAKs 1 & 2 Bundle for just $49!

Watch our Demos video, or pick and choose the demos you want to listen to when you visit our XPro Styles PAKs page.

Note: XPro Styles PAK 2 requires RealTracks from Band-in-a-Box® 2022 or higher and is compatible with any package, including Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Extended to January 15th!

You didn't miss out on great deals.... we've extended our special to January 15th!!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Video: Producer Secrets- Mixing Drum Stems with Band-in-a-Box® 2022

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2022 - Drum Stems! These are separate tracks from the different mics in the RealDrums recording. We've included RealDrums Stems Set 1 and RealDrums Stems Set 2 in our 2022 Bonus PAKs, which means if you've purchased your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 this month (December), you have access to this exciting new feature!

There's now a detailed video tutorial on mixing drum stems in Band-in-a-Box®, which includes tutorial files to follow along with: Producer Secrets - Mixing Drum Stems

Currently, drums stems are available for 50 RealDrums, but there are more to come!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during December, and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Band-in-a-Box® - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows (on sale until December 31st!) and receive a download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer.

Make it a musical Christmas!

Looking for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac? Version 2021 is available, and can also be downloaded right away when you receive your order confirmation if purchasing from us directly!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Feature: Install Manager – One-Click to Download and Install

Downloading your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 order is easy when you use our new Install Manager, added with Band-in-a-Box® 2022!

With the Install Manager you can download and install the entire package of your order with one click - it's so simple! See for yourself!

Install Manager - One-Click to Download and Install Topic (online manual)

Forum Stats
35498 Members
63 Forums
72815 Topics
634929 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Drebankz03, zgollum, sket, 123honus, Elizza

35498 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mark Hayes 248
swingbabymix 240