Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Holds Victoria Johnson 04/11/24 05:13 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Just for an update I am running 2019 now.. not 2017. Forgot to mention that... still working on the problem. BIAB says guitar is 1814 Celtic fingerpicking air.
Replies 20 Views 2,765 Read More
Re: Pending Questions firesong 04/11/24 05:07 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Misha...super track and intriguing lyrics...I often reminded my son as he was growing up that he was not "the center of the universe"...I like songs that ask question for the listener to contemplate...I really enjoyed this!
Replies 21 Views 708 Read More
Re: Stop Walking Bass Lines mrgeeze 04/11/24 05:06 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Mark Morgan
Thanks for the suggestions but I could not get anything to work for me. It seems that anything past the first chorus goes into a walking baseline instead of a two beat.
That sounds a lot like the behavior of "Vary Style in Middle Chorus" checkbox in the Additional Song Setting Submenu. See attached. You want to make sure that box is not checked. A lot of those Ron Carter (and other ) acoustic bass real tracks revert to walk when that box is checked.
Replies 7 Views 265 Read More
Re: Many Roads firesong 04/11/24 05:01 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Eric...as usual you have nailed the perfect tone and texture to your playing extraordinary guitar talents...everything is tight and fits your arrangement so well...though I would have enjoyed you mixing your guitar in with the sax a bit...really enjoy all of your productions and this is certainly no exception!
Replies 8 Views 164 Read More
Re: Everything You Do Is Wrong firesong 04/11/24 04:49 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Marty and Dave...there is absolutly nothing wronhg with this won...very kool lirycs and so whittie! their is somethinhg that reely apeels two me about this sonhg...I kan't quiet put my fingger on it just yet...but isle figuure it out...brilyant!!
Replies 26 Views 528 Read More
Re: There is a Rock firesong 04/11/24 04:38 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by laurent4114
It's well done and pleasant to listen to. Superb voices. It is relaxing. Laurent
Thanks Laurent...glad you enjoyed it...Dan
Originally Posted by rsdean
Dan, Beautiful... Love the song and arrangement. Great voices and great mix. You really made some strides here with Synth V. Excellent! Bob
Bob...I'm so glad you enjoyed the song...it's a bit of work but the kids and I are learning...thanks...Dan
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Dan, wow, you're really getting the hang of those Synth voices. Lovely song with beautifully nuanced vocals and vocal arrangement. Nicely done!
Ron...it's really kind of fun and I love to hear other voices (other than mine) sing the songs even if they aren't actual people...but I do get my way (a producer's dream come true)...thanks...Dan
Replies 12 Views 204 Read More
Re: New Laptop; Advice needed for installing BIAB Matt Finley 04/11/24 04:06 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Vintage, I’ve been doing what you propose for 15 years. Chantelle, does a list of those ‘problems’ exist? I’m puzzled by your answer because Vintage only refers to moving the RealTracks and Drum folders. The installers account for people wanting to do that.
Replies 9 Views 354 Read More
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi Birchwood 04/11/24 03:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ray and Janice, Ray, I saw in your posts and try outs how you struggled 'how to please' Judith. I wrote some suggestions too. Although they were well-intentioned, there was a wink in my words. Therefore of course not serious for you. I understand that well. I will not cry. But glad you're back and Judith is wrapped in a nice, intriguing song, well sung by Janice (of course). I had some thoughts about the melody. They were a bit like what Brain wrote in his post. I also read your answer to him, so that counts for me to. No need to response on that. I also liked the video. How did you do that part with that dwawn piano. Amazing! For me, Judith can be pleased with this song. I am at least. And the lyrics were just very good! Hans
Replies 44 Views 1,048 Read More
Re: New Laptop; Advice needed for installing BIAB Chantelle - PG Music 04/11/24 02:58 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Manually moving folders often times causes problems with Band-in-a-Box not finding RealTracks or other files properly. It's safest to simply run the installers that came with your package and during the install process select the new location as the install destination. How this is done is slightly different depending on whether you have access to the Install Manager program for a newer version, or if you are manually installing due to having an older version. If you contact us directly, we can look to see what you have and give more precise instructions accordingly. You can come onto live chat or email support@pgmusic.com.
Re: Pending Questions Birchwood 04/11/24 02:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Misha, Glad you are back! Every time you come back you surprise me with a very intriguing and also beautiful song. But this does not mean that you should stay away from the Forum more often. On the contrary... There are always a lot of -musical- things happening in your songs. This one too. And that rhythm, man that sounds so nice. I had only heard one surprise; your vocals don't sound like in your other songs. There they always were upfront, but not here. Is this the new Mischa? Hans
Re: Temperature Rising Birchwood 04/11/24 02:45 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Mario, Something about the rhythm of the song reminded me of The Pink Panther, from the intro tune of Peter Sellers films. You made it come back, but in your own creative way. Like f.i. that beautiful flute and the way it treats our/my ears. And in a way it sounds timeless. Not specific the 50's or so. The Pink Panter was from a lot of years later too... I really enjoyed it, because it is so nice. Hans
Replies 29 Views 954 Read More
Re: There is a Rock DC Ron 04/11/24 02:33 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, wow, you're really getting the hang of those Synth voices. Lovely song with beautifully nuanced vocals and vocal arrangement. Nicely done!
Replies 12 Views 204 Read More
Re: Many Roads DC Ron 04/11/24 02:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That does sound REALLY nice. Love your tone, vibrato, pick attack and...well, just about everything you're doing on guitar. The sax was nice, but that guitar...
Replies 8 Views 164 Read More
New Laptop; Advice needed for installing BIAB VintageGibson 04/11/24 02:21 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello Just bought a new Laptop, the one in use is well past its sell-by date. I was planning to copy the BIAB and RealBand folders from old to new laptop and in the process separate the RealTracks & Drums folders to an external drive. I realise that I will need to install the actual programmes on the new machine to register fonts etc, and that I will need to redirect to the correct storage areas in preferences. Anyone know of any problems doing this, will it work? Thanks in advance Vintage
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie BabuMusic 04/11/24 01:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh, Mr. Hans, I love your work. I've been a fan of your music for a long time, and now these outstanding videos you're making add to the enjoyment. And then you elevate my respect even higher by bringing in Anne-Marie to dress up your song. Great idea with glorious results. I'm also so grateful you let me listen to these as they develop --as if I need to be more impressed.
Replies 26 Views 628 Read More
Re: I walk on the stars BabuMusic 04/11/24 01:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Laurent. I saw the notification for this one on YT, but had to wait until now where I can sit back and enjoy it, which I was sure I would. Man, I know me. Very good write and production and outstanding use of the synth voices. Excellent harmony. Man, that guitar is outstanding. It closes my eyes and carries me along stretching and turning with a constant smile of enjoyment. So well done. Really good stuff, Laurent.
Replies 19 Views 319 Read More
"Floating Piano" - (instrumental) camog 04/11/24 01:26 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Original tune - I play piano/synth/bass on the keys & ac guitar/percussion, sorry this time no BB files! https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/floating-piano-instrumental Carl
Replies 12 Views 289 Read More
Leonid & Friends (lots of them) deliver this Earth, Wind and Fire classic AudioTrack 04/11/24 01:22 PM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The team put together an absolutely sensational and feature-packed arrangement of Boogie Wonderland. There's not a weak link in this amazing performance. Fasten your seat-belt for this blistering delivery...
Replies 6 Views 242 Read More
Re: Temperature Rising MarioD 04/11/24 01:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Al-David
HiMario, To my ears, it sounds like a mix of early 50s pop and early 70s pop rock. But whatever else it is, is pretty darn original, creative, and a super listen. The nice thing about your posts is we never know what to expect, but we know it's going to be enjoyable. Nice!!! Alan
Thanx Alan. I played in a wedding band for years thus I am a player of many genres but a master of none. Since I do not gig anymore I have carried that philosophy over to my BiaB songs. I am not afraid to try any genre and BiaB allows me to do so.
Re: Pending Questions BabuMusic 04/11/24 01:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Missed you, MIsha. What a wonderful way to come back. Love this!! Cool beat and very cool (albeit subtle) bass sounds. Yep, I hear Ray's influence and inspiration. Your lyrics are like none other. So poetic and insightful with phrases that tickle the mind into understanding. The production is outstanding, man. No matter how "used to" your brillance I become, you never fail to renew my respect.
Re: Stop Walking Bass Lines Janice & Bud 04/11/24 01:20 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Do you have the green/blue (A/B options) indicators set to change after the chorus - assuming you are using an RT that has an A/B option? Many of the RTs are available with an all A option, an all B option or the aforementioned A/B option that you can set to change.
Originally Posted by Mark Morgan
If they are set to change by default, then yes I assume they are set that way. Not familiar with how to change that.
Here is an example: RT 2311 "JazzBalladRon A-B" In twos or walking - changed via bar maker RT 2312 "JazzBalladRonIn2" In twos only RT 2313 "JazzBalladRonWalking" walking only Bud
Replies 7 Views 265 Read More
Re: Temperature Rising MarioD 04/11/24 01:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by laurent4114
It's a bit reminiscent of film music. Inspector Mario leads the investigation. Laurent
Thanx Laurent.
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I hear the "fever" influence. This is an awesome song. My new favorite!
Thanx, I'm glad that you like it.
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 MarioD 04/11/24 01:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Great collab and performances by you both. We always love a fretless bass. Jack Bruce got us into that years ago. Mellow and engaging --- not the easiest task. smile The MST sounds excellent. MST's are our only venture into Midi ... we often use them. They are great in our opinion. Nice! J&B
Thanx so much for this very kind review Janice and Bud. MST's sound so great as they are not quantized and they are played by musicians. I prefer them over RTs.
Replies 28 Views 562 Read More
Re: Everything You Do Is Wrong BabuMusic 04/11/24 01:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
Well, I do hope the large garbage barge, with a pilot named Marge helped him to take charge of his life smile As always, pro blues all the way. Well done.
Thanks, Steve. Yeah, he landed right on Marge's lap. She took him back to her shed, fixed him some vittles, changed his life and he never looked back.
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. So Right. Cool Song. Strong write. Good vocals. Excellent Mix. Mmmmmm, Bass! Dave is Smokin'!!!! This is So Right. fj
Ha, thanks for that, floyd, and the creative way you wrote it. smile
Originally Posted by WaoBand
I just left a comment on your YouTube post. Safe to just say it's another corker from you, and Dave's guitar is as perfect as ever.
Thanks for everything, Chay.
Originally Posted by rsdean
Marty, That's a great opening verse. Something we all feel / experience at some point. Love your vocal and of course Dave's guitar. The mix on this is excellent - crisp and loud. Sounds great through room speakers. Bob
Thanks, Bob. Yeah, all but the super priviledged can have days like that --their's I imagine are often worse.
Replies 26 Views 528 Read More
Re: What About Tomorrow - A Current Update With Professional Mastering David Snyder 04/11/24 01:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dear Alan, So sorry to hear about the situation with Di and I will keep both of you in my prayers. This is a swell version of the song, and congrats to everyone. I'm a little confused about the vocals though, because it sounds to me like this is a female vocal and maybe there's a tiny male vocal in the background? When you say that Ray did the vocal what do you mean? Is this a synth vocal? A studio musician? A friend? Sorry if I'm being stupid!!!!!!! Good song though.
Replies 14 Views 274 Read More
Page 33 of 118 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 117 118
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,741
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191