Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: AI put to good use eddie1261 03/21/24 06:56 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Did you also follow up and report the Wester Union account as a scammer?
Replies 8 Views 278 Read More
Creating music using synth keyboard saxgentleman67 03/21/24 06:36 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
How would I go about using the individual Real Tracks sounds to compose music using a music keyboard. As opposed to just putting the chords into BIAB. I'm looking at doing some music that is without a grove. Almost like electronic music. Or would I be better off just working in RealBand to do this?
Replies 8 Views 223 Read More
Re: AI put to good use Guitarhacker 03/21/24 06:33 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musiclover
What is a bit scary is the scammers can sample a few seconds of the voice of a family member, then call you with a sob story, seemingly from that family member.
Since you are talking with AI, it can answer questions and that's it's weakness. You simply have a secret question/answer with your family members and slip it into the conversation. What is Uncle Bobs favorite hobby? (collecting beetles) Did you get Aunt Sally's favorite bottle of wine? ( Aunt Sally doesn't drink) If you get anything other than the correct answer, it's a scam. None of it has to be real. Kinda like my security customers and the central station calling for a false alarm..... one, and only one response is the correct one. We had one with our daughters when they were in school. Someone says they were sent by us to pick them up? What's the password? I got an email from a friend who said he was in Africa and his bag got stolen which had his money and plane ticket and he needed to buy a ticket to get home....could I wire him the money? and it contained a Western Union account number. I happened to know he was in the USA at the time and since he was a missionary, while the story kinda made sense, he was working in South America, not africa. I called him on his phone and he answered and confirmed it was a scam and he had been hacked. I quickly called several other folks I know who were in his email list and one of them was headed to the western union office as I called. He was about to send quite a bit of money to a scammer in africa. You have to be careful.
Replies 8 Views 278 Read More
Re: DXplug64.exe problem in RB Jeff Yankauer 03/21/24 06:30 PM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
What version of RB are you running?
Replies 8 Views 238 Read More
Re: Bad Dreams Bad Luck tommyad 03/21/24 06:25 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rayc
I understand why the spoken intro is there but it doesn't quite work for me - probably because there's the sound of plugging in preceded it. The song WOW - you did a really solid blues rock thing..Reminds me of John Lee Hooker on Townsend's The Iron Man album.
Thanks Ray. I’m glad you came by.
Originally Posted by Al-David
HI Tom, I've been away from the site for a couple of days - tons of medical appointments for Di. What a terrifically cool song! Strong drums and lead guitar. And, of course, the vocals never disappoint. I've had times in my life when the song would have described my plight. Fortunately, that was many years ago. Cool intro, and the string slide at the end was anice way to take it out. Way too cool!!! Alan
Alan, I’m glad you liked it. Thanks for the nice review.
Replies 43 Views 1,018 Read More
Re: Reinstall BB and RB ? Noel96 03/21/24 06:22 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Stratos, Tagging onto Audiotrack's post... After reinstalling, it's also necessary to update both programs to the latest builds. Those updates can be obtained from the website below. https://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm Simply download the update and then double-click on it it to run it. When you get to the part where the paths for both programs and for Realtracks and Realdrums appear, check that these paths are correct.The latest build for BIAB is #1109 and for Realband it's #build 3. After installing the latest updates, BIAB's Stylepicker will need to be "Rebuilt". When you first start BIAB after updating, and option to "Rebuild" will appear. It is necessary to run this. If the option doesn't appear, simply enter Stylepicker and select the "Rebuild" button in the upper section of the screen. You'll then see options for a "fast rebuild" or a "slow rebuild". If you haven't added any third party styles, or created your own styles, "fast rebuild" will do the job. Regards, --Noel
Replies 5 Views 175 Read More
Re: Faith's Gonna Rise Today Guitarhacker 03/21/24 06:15 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is a great song and you did a good job on the voice. Especially considering it's a "first time" effort. There's a few places throughout that gives it away that it's not a human singer.... but with experience, you will hear that and fix it. Good overall job. Note: I like Hayden and have considered hiring him as well.
Replies 19 Views 371 Read More
Re: One Foot in Heaven MarioD 03/21/24 05:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fred, I really liked this one. Super vocal, backing band, and mix. IMHO this is your best to date. Loved it.
Replies 3 Views 89 Read More
Re: Algo (Something) MarioD 03/21/24 05:51 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sam, that is a very clever song. Nice vocal Super groove I found nothing wrong with the trumpet parts.
Replies 2 Views 70 Read More
Re: DXplug64.exe problem in RB stratos 03/21/24 05:42 PM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I reinstalled everything. Didn´t help. I don´t know how to get on.
Replies 8 Views 238 Read More
Re: Reinstall BB and RB ? stratos 03/21/24 05:40 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sorry. Didn´t help.
Replies 5 Views 175 Read More
I'LL TAKE THE DOG Elliott Kayne 03/21/24 05:38 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'LL TAKE THE DOG https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic/song/34406906-ill-take-the-dog This is one of those songs that just popped out fully formed in about 5 minutes. Simple Sad Country song. Just BIAB, and my vocals. Enjoy ****** Song Summary ************* Title: ILL TAKE THE DOG File:ILL TAKE THE DOG.SGU Key=C , Tempo 85, Length (m:s)=3:51 No intro. 78 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 78. Repeat x1 chorus Melody has 1060 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0) Soloist track has 150 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0) Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0, Style is _CBALDBR.STY (Country Ballad w/ Baritone Guita) RealTracks in song: 2915:Bass, Electric CountryPopByron12-key Ev 085 RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085 RealTracks in style: ~362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085 RealTracks in song: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085 RealTracks in song: ~2262:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm 80sPopBallad Ev 085 RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085 RealTracks in song: 3765:Vibes, Rhythm PopBallad Ev 085 RealTracks in song: 3027:Vocal Oohs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085 RealDrums in Song:NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride ******************* Well girl its time to Go looks like we’ve grown apart No more empty promises no more broken hearts No more tears to cry no more lonely nights No love songs to sing no more poems to write There’s one thing left to do I know it’s a dirty job You take the house and I’ll take the dog Ya she’s a good old girl who never cheated on me She is always glad to see me when I come home from a hard days work You take the house and Ill take the dog Well girl Ive said my peace there’s nothing left to say We both know that its time to go No reason for us to stay There is no point to continue this sad dialog You take the house and I’ll take the dog
Replies 20 Views 383 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love dcuny 03/21/24 04:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Janice & Bud
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Wow! First of all, Saros sounds like Peter Frampton. Cool.
Ha! I didn't even make the connection. I was watching some old Midnight Special shows on DVD last month, and there were a couple performances and interviews. I'd played around with other SynthV voices on the track, but none really push it over the edge. Saros does, and then some.
The fusion of different styles works great and the strings were perfect little highlights.
I'm glad it worked for you. There are some purists who (rightfully) can't help but hear it differently.
The power vocal ending was awesome.
Thanks! With Saros singing, it's almost obligatory. wink
Thanks for all the production info ... I wish more folks did such.
Me too... Just about everyone here is a one-person show where they create the backing tracks, sing, mix and master. That's a lot to juggle! BiaB goes a long way to making that manageable, but it's always nice to see what other people are using to help with their productions.
We love CLA Drums (Room Beef typically for us) and they sound great here.
Speaking of production information, I bought it because I noticed it was part of your effects chain. And you've always got great drums.
Nice poppy mix as in genre and sound. smile Enjoyed it!
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I appreciate your positive comments! smile
Replies 29 Views 617 Read More
Re: HOPE BEYOND THE GRAVE Torrey Bliss 03/21/24 04:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Torrey, Big Beautiful Music flows from my speakers. Your Production Chops are some of the best around. Excellent tracks, well mixed. Lovely Vocals and Harmonies. Pro. GOOD Listening. fj
Thanks so much Floyd! Those words coming from you mean a lot! TB
Replies 33 Views 835 Read More
Re: Homeland Torrey Bliss 03/21/24 04:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan I almost missed this one ..... what a loss that would have been! The harmony work in this is so good! I have to admit that this got the wheels turning in my mind about how I would try to do this! But that would probably end up far less appealing than what you have here! I was imagining a Crosby Stills and Nash sound immediately in the first verse! What a treasure trove of material you have been digging up and giving a fine polish to here lately! Thanks, TB
Replies 24 Views 405 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) Torrey Bliss 03/21/24 04:23 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Peter and Janice A very nice modern Southern Rock treatment of the old tune! Super guitar work and vocals by Janice! It's easy to listen and enjoy this upbeat song! Thanks, TB
Replies 41 Views 1,005 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) rsdean 03/21/24 04:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Peter, Janice & Bud, Some really outstanding vocals by Janice - love the uptempo feel of this one. Has grit and bite. Peter has some wild guitar lines. The drums also sound great. Everything fits so well. Awesome production - crisp and tight. Sounds great through the speakers. Really fills the room! Loved it all! Bob
Replies 41 Views 1,005 Read More
Re: When The Future Froze floyd jane 03/21/24 04:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Janne, Nice opening. Drums have a great sound. Interesting write. Original, interesting imagery. Vocal is good. A dramatic guitar solo! Very cool ending. fj
Replies 40 Views 1,285 Read More
Re: MOONLIGHT SONATA_David Snyder Classical Guitar rsdean 03/21/24 04:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David, That's a beautiful piece... Love the feel and technique. Outstanding pacing throughout. Bob
Replies 21 Views 473 Read More
Re: Sea to Sky Highway Torrey Bliss 03/21/24 04:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Scott and Robert This is such a lovely song and video! The melody and chord structure have a magical quality to them! Once again Robert has shown his lyrical prowess....I wish I could come up with word pictures like this! Scott your guitar parts coming in and out are such a great compliment to the song! Great work all around! Take care, TB
Replies 29 Views 770 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love Torrey Bliss 03/21/24 04:00 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David This is certainly different from what you usually post, but It sure does sound great to me! One thing I noticed about the synth voice that I was wanting to hear, was that It would have been even better if the longer sustained notes at the end of some of the lines had a bit of vibrato to them! I don't even know if that's a possiblity with the current technology! Your mixes and production are second to none as far as I'm concerned! This is excellent! Thanks, TB
Replies 29 Views 617 Read More
Re: How to render a file in a format other than AVI natcheztoo 03/21/24 03:59 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Jim, Thanks for your last. Because of it, I am now going to mark this post as "RESOLVED." i did not know that AVI was the only available file that BIAB used and that it is probably the best. I also didn't know that Youtube.com/studio would probably reject the other formats. I am very poor with all the technical things it takes to use BIAB properly and well. I appreciate the input. Regards, Jerry Krouse Natcheztoo
Replies 5 Views 181 Read More
Re: Bob and Me on Three Dash Three floyd jane 03/21/24 03:48 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good jam. Cool tone to the guitar. Sounds good. fj
Replies 26 Views 438 Read More
Re: Sea to Sky Highway floyd jane 03/21/24 03:45 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Scott & Robert, Robert's lyrics always have a magical fairy-tale quality to them. Super backing tracks - a perfect BAND for the song. Lovely vocals and harmonies. Good mix. Scott's lead has a wonderful delicacy to it. Very nice video. A very good listen fj
Replies 29 Views 770 Read More
Re: Search Realdrum / Style / Realtrack by tapping rhythm. jpettit 03/21/24 03:42 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+ 1 for 2024 You're filtering options have definitely got better this year because you're intelligently applying them at least the time signature feels and tempo range. A low hanging fruit would be to also automatically assign the genre (sense you already know it once the style is picked) narrowing down the selections for your next steps. This could easily be done in the next patch release. You have a lot of competitors who have tried to solve this problem of the quickest way to find of something very specific in a large database. Toontracks, XLN Addictive products, Captain Chords, and many sample libraries have all come up with very intuitive or highly organized methods that have beaten pure hierarchical approaches. Here's a clue the customer knows what he wants because he can hear it in his head. For rhythms that's a match a beat approach. For rhythmic instruments that have pitch or melody, Genre is the first place to start. You've also done a very good job of categorizing your instruments over the years and 9 times out of 10 the customer is looking for an alternative to for instance a Bass or a Guitar or a Saxophone, so preloading the instrument category is going to put them in a range of less than fifty things to view. All food for thought. You don't have to go out and reinvent the world to make it at least 2X better than it currently in the next patch release.
Replies 19 Views 1,156 Read More
Page 35 of 133 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 132 133
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200