Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Song Master Pro jpettit Yesterday at 04:25 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, it seems there's a misunderstanding regarding Tempo Maps. A tempo map functions as the master timekeeper for a song, similar to the role of a live drummer, and all tracks are required to synchronize with it. MIDI files are designed to work with tempo maps, which guarantees their alignment, eliminating any potential issues. My YouTube channel features comprehensive playlists on this subject. However, as the state of the art has advanced, numerous individuals have contributed improved explanations. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRXEM4HzXZAXGQKlR3d3Z4g
Replies 84 Views 6,230 Read More
Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? justanoldmuso Yesterday at 04:17 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario. interesting idea...only prob is other people might rate differently from me and comment differently. its not that much work as i have the previous years ratings and my comments i just have to go thru the new pg content issued. the thingi like about this method is i often get new ideas for songs when a piece of pg content makes me go 'OH YEAH'. ...lol. thats how many of my songs come about. happiness. om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Replies 5 Views 175 Read More
Re: Guitar Tone - What Does Every Influential Tone Have In Common? (19 Minute Video) dcuny Yesterday at 04:17 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The one thing every influential guitar tone has in common... A great guitarist you want to sound like. wink
Replies 6 Views 120 Read More
Re: THAT BARSTOOL firesong Yesterday at 03:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
George...wow! classic western swing...super vocals...I'm sure there are plenty of Texas establishments this would play very well in...a great listen!
Replies 20 Views 330 Read More
One June 6, Forty Four laurent4114 Yesterday at 03:45 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
At the suggestion of Christian Devienne "Chris37" based on a song written by himself and David Cuny, I made a video montage consisting mainly of archive images in honor of the brave fighters who landed on the beaches of Normandy on June 6, 1944 and whose 80th anniversary will be commemorated this year. Laurent
Replies 4 Views 43 Read More
Re: Hello and a couple questions rsm Yesterday at 03:34 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sorry for the confusion, I assumed the transposition would carry over with the file itself. It feels like the capo functionality is somewhat of an after thought. As I am playing primarily bluegrass and americana (even way over here in Germany) the capo helps a lot as switching keys on the guitar and banjo can be challenging, depending on what key the singer wants to sing in. I am going to try to recreate the file in case I did something odd, as I am still figuring out the interface. I have done 6-7 other songs and not seen this. thanks for the support, it is great! Scott
Replies 11 Views 226 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro DrDan Yesterday at 03:30 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
I agree with jpettit. I recently learned about the Tempo Map I think from musocity. This link has more info and it worked like a charm. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=792600&Searchpage=6&Main=102817&Words=tempo+map&Search=true#Post792600
Excellent, I will give it a try. Thanks
Re: Song Master Pro Bass Thumper Yesterday at 03:18 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I agree with jpettit. I recently learned about the Tempo Map I think from musocity. This link has more info and it worked like a charm. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=792600&Searchpage=6&Main=102817&Words=tempo+map&Search=true#Post792600
Re: Song Master Pro DrDan Yesterday at 03:16 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by jpettit
Dan I will be the bad guy. If you're trying to line up computer-based (on a grid) tracks with a live performed track you have to use a "tempo map". The only other option is you can have the live performance aligned to a grid through extensive quantization but then you'll lose the live feel. There have been advancements in tempo mapping over the last five years. "Logic" if you're on a Mac can do it automatically. Melodyne can find a detailed tempo map for you but it's another long process. Free version limited. Paid version detail process but very accurate. Other DAWs have gotten better at it to cut a twenty-minute process to a five-minute process. I am not sure of the state of the art in Reaper, but it has gotten easier in the last 10 years. BIAB, can also find the tempo map with their ACW. Not sure how to get it out of BIAB, maybe a MIDI file with tempo map in it.
Hey, I appreciate the voice of experience. That is exactly what I need here. But this is something in the past I have just thrown up my hands and said it I can not do it. Reaper has a tutorial, but it is mind blowing to a newbee. Also it shows only a single track and therefore ignors what I have on the other tracks which do not need tempo adjustments. I have seen BIAB create a tempo map, but the ACW is just such a bear to work with for me! But perhaps there is someone here who can do the heavy lifting in BIAB to create the tempo map for a single track for me. Then I can figure out how to move it to Reaper. Any volenteers who can help out?? Please PM me.
Re: Carefreeness Chris37 Yesterday at 03:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Mario, The music box can be a way to immerse yourself in childhood...
Replies 2 Views 24 Read More
Re: My tango for Django Chris37 Yesterday at 03:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks WaoBand, Mario and Laurent. The Stephane Grappelli/Django Reinhardt duo is the best violinist/guitarist duo that has ever existed!
Replies 10 Views 85 Read More
Re: THAT BARSTOOL Janice & Bud Yesterday at 02:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh yeah! Great tune from the good ole "hat act" period - our fav. Well done all around ... write, vocals and mix. Enjoyed it! J&B
Replies 20 Views 330 Read More
Re: Cover bands vs. the alternatives - the choices for making money while making music. Guitarhacker Yesterday at 02:47 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bob Notes Norton: "If you are going to gig, my advice is to think of yourself as a business, providing a service to the person who is going to pay you. " Exactly. I've been in bands that catered to ourselves..... we had a good time playing the music that we loved, and we did it exceptionally well, but getting rebooked at the clubs was nearly impossible when the large crowd that started the night was leaving at the end of the first set telling the manager they couldn't dance to that music..... And on the other side... I've been in bands that were OK musically, noting to brag on, but knew what the audience wanted and played the music that kept them on the dance floor and drinking all night long. Those bands never lacked for work. You wouldn't open a restaurant business and only sell super spicy food just because you personally love super spicy food. So why do that musically? Play what the people want if you are a cover band. Your job is to sell drinks for the club and keep the people happy. Nothing more, nothing less.
Replies 10 Views 217 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro jpettit Yesterday at 02:47 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan I will be the bad guy. If you're trying to line up computer-based (on a grid) tracks with a live performed track you have to use a "tempo map". The only other option is you can have the live performance aligned to a grid through extensive quantization but then you'll lose the live feel. There have been advancements in tempo mapping over the last five years. "Logic" if you're on a Mac can do it automatically. Melodyne can find a detailed tempo map for you but it's another long process. Free version limited. Paid version detail process but very accurate. Other DAWs have gotten better at it to cut a twenty-minute process to a five-minute process. I am not sure of the state of the art in Reaper, but it has gotten easier in the last 10 years. BIAB, can also find the tempo map with their ACW. Not sure how to get it out of BIAB, maybe a MIDI file with tempo map in it.
Re: ! chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 02:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Howdy laurent.... Thank you very much for taking the time to give them a listen and kind comments. All my drivel is pretty much "rhythm and energy", upbeat and much of it danceable. Have I ever said...:"this song writing stuff isn't easy". smile Much appreciated. Hope all is well.
Replies 16 Views 298 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 02:31 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Our first J&B tune in quite a while is different in style and length - hey it’s less than three minutes! 🤪
Ha....congratulations!....I don't think I've ever written one less than 3 minutes, I'm a failure! On a serous note, this sounds great especially with Peter on the axe. Good mix and some sweet BGV. Very well done all around and a great listen.
Replies 32 Views 863 Read More
Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? MarioD Yesterday at 01:04 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
SBM. there is no getting away from the fact that one misses usefull sounds by useing just search. one must be willing to once a year...which is what i do...set up a file on the pc with 3 columns... rt number. name...and ones comments on the rt ... and i give a star rating from one to five on each rt...and comments like fantastic or ok etc. then go through every single rt and use the spreadsheet file above. ....................................... om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
That is a lot of work. Maybe you could share or for a modest fee sell your list to others? If the list is in a spreadsheet or a data base the star ratings could be changed or eliminated. Just a thought. YMMV
Re: Cover bands vs. the alternatives - the choices for making money while making music. Charlie Fogle Yesterday at 12:56 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
GUITARHACKER: "Some of the higher paying cover bands are tribute bands that play the music note perfect and have a great stage show. Eagles, Heart, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac..... Iconic bands and replicating their shows are lucrative. " That's true. I worked as the Sound Engineer for an Eagle's Tribute band that had a guy that looked like Don Henley from a distance and sounded like him from anywhere. The band's music was nearly note perfect. The show, while not great optics, had a big, high level sound stage and light set that was a fairly elaborate set up overall. The 'show' as Herb said, was quite lucrative. All of the musicians and staff had day jobs and did the show targeting festivals and colleges. The show income wasn't intended to be their livelihood.
Replies 10 Views 217 Read More
Re: What utility do you use to read/change MIDI files? Charlie Fogle Yesterday at 12:33 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
There's an Event List Editor available in BIAB and appears similar to the image Rharv posted.
Replies 17 Views 508 Read More
BIAB 2024 demo sampler & latest features Brian Johnston Yesterday at 11:52 AM Forum: My Favorite Things Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I did a video using some of the latest styles as I address some of the latest features. https://rumble.com/v4qvf0x-band-in-a-box-2024-demo-sampling.html
Replies 0 Views 24 Read More
Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? justanoldmuso Yesterday at 11:40 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
SBM. there is no getting away from the fact that one misses usefull sounds by useing just search. one must be willing to once a year...which is what i do...set up a file on the pc with 3 columns... rt number. name...and ones comments on the rt ... and i give a star rating from one to five on each rt...and comments like fantastic or ok etc. then go through every single rt and use the spreadsheet file above. if i hadnt done the above i wouldnt have discovered some of the sound nuggets for the 3 songs in my sig...eg the little tremolo gtr twice used in the pretty girl song which ive had positive comments about and same for the heavy gtr in the stallion song...and same for the banjo in bankerman which made me go 'wait a minute...i got a bgrass song idea'. there are loads of gems in pg content to discover. i know its lots of work but its the only way imho so one doesnt miss usefull sounds to use in songs. think of it like your in a studio as a producer auditioning session pros and deciding which ones to use in a song. hth om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Re: What utility do you use to read/change MIDI files? justanoldmuso Yesterday at 11:26 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Paj. i agree ...ptw is underated...as is rb viz midi. its nice to see you appreciate it cos i feel too few users realise the value. big studios i once frequented sometimes were amazed at its features when i showed examples compared to what they wereuseing. getting older ive forgotten lots of my old midi tricks... fun days. om
Replies 17 Views 508 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) Janice & Bud Yesterday at 11:26 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rayc
This is a little package of sunshine. Details and the feel are wonderful. The turnaround is a perfect piece in the construction. Fab vocals, lyrics and performances mix n mastered just right.
We appreciate that Ray. It was a fun production. And Thanks for mentioning the turnaround. J&B
Replies 32 Views 863 Read More
Re: What is a Chorus? justanoldmuso Yesterday at 11:06 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
gordon. just keep the x N option for jazzers....and freeform sections track under timeline would reflect that....? question ...from some friends of mine in the past who were jazzers there are often slight variations in different choruses so the sections track could reflect this ? eg in chorus 3 the piano diverts from the usual or the commercial version eg the blacknwhite vid and thus the sections track the music director or song creator could enter 'piano scat ' ? thus gordon the sections track could also be used for production notes ? i use layers currently for this as in 'silent piano for 8 bars note to myself to remind me when laying out a song...ie the sections track is an expansion of the layers concept ? just an idea. om
Replies 19 Views 700 Read More
Re: ! laurent4114 Yesterday at 10:51 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I listened to 2 of your songs (secrets and lies, time waits for no one) and I really like them. There is rhythm and energy. Laurent
Replies 16 Views 298 Read More
Page 4 of 114 1 2 3 4 5 6 113 114
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,605
Posts735,025
Members38,514
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon, Xtian, michael07716
38,513 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 188