Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Why We Ride by Spirit Level aka Robert C and Scott C Janice & Bud 04/07/24 01:40 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
We didn’t know that we shared the love of cycling with Robert, and you and he have captured the feeling of pure joy that we encounter while riding. Video, lyric, performances and mix are all in the “wheelhouse” for this spin! 😊 Enjoyed it! J&B PS As Gary Klein said, “Biking is about rhythm and flow. It's the wind in you face and the challenge of hammering up along hill. It's the reward at the top and the thrill of a high-speed descent. Biking lets you come alive in both body and spirit. After awhile the bike disappears beneath you and you feel as if you're suspended in midair.”
Replies 18 Views 338 Read More
Re: AI vocals Doggie 04/07/24 01:37 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I started using Replay.io .It does a pretty good job. Keep your music arrangement kind of simple and sing without any reverb,delay or even pitch correction. Then load into replay and choose a voice to render out. It's 100% free. You could also look into an Digitech Vocalist 4 or 5. They have decent feminine vocals. I used to have one but traded it off long ago. Search on Reverb or GuitarCenter for a used one. Only get the 4 or 5 cuz I can't vouch so much for their other models being as good.
Replies 8 Views 237 Read More
Re: World Fusion Janice & Bud 04/07/24 01:28 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
We love mashups and, man, does that ever work! Creative and cool, J&B
Replies 6 Views 129 Read More
Re: Temperature Rising Izzy 04/07/24 01:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Mario. For this forum I'm working on a song to post and I am wonderering if it is ok not to use any biab real or midi tracks?
Replies 29 Views 912 Read More
Re: Let's Get Drunk For Joy BabuMusic 04/07/24 01:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Who's Joy? Whose Joy? Another Popfinger pleasure for sure. Great use of the microchords option, and wow it's hard to imagine this only has three chords. No 1-4-5 here. I really dig the driving beat. Really enjoying the lyrics, and you fashion those synth voices so well. Excellent harmony. Excellent write, Janne. Have one for me.
Replies 26 Views 440 Read More
Re: Why Isn't Love Always Fair? Janice & Bud 04/07/24 01:17 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It’s cool to hear the three part harmony that is one of your hallmarks and we know that must be satisfying to you to be able to continue with that. We do agree with B.D. on the need for more “humanizing” of the lead vocal. As this is just your second project with the synth vocals, we have not doubt that you’ll have them singing like you in no time. 😊 Excellent mix! Kudos! J&B
Replies 19 Views 583 Read More
Re: APRIL SHOWERS BabuMusic 04/07/24 01:09 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh, I've been looking for a new Bob Dean the song-writing machine's new one. Yep, this one is like discovering a gold mine without the burden of the gold. Man, I like how everything appropriately supports the lyrics and vocal, which are the brightest part of the gold. Interesting choice of backing band, and they all work so well.
Replies 26 Views 812 Read More
Re: Sophia Loves V3 BabuMusic 04/07/24 01:05 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
HA. A nightcap is supposed to put us to sleep, but this one wakes me up with some fresh ideas and an impassioned desire to play. So I'm listiening in the morning. Inspriational morning coffee. So well-crafted, Chay. Everything sits so well in the mix, and you fashioned the solos so well. My eyes were closed as I drifted off, so I probably missed most of the video. Maybe I'll try that tonight to see if that puts me to sleep. From past experiences with your stuff, it's not likely. Wow, that was 7 and a half minutes. Breezed right through...
Replies 28 Views 549 Read More
APRIL SHOWERS rsdean 04/07/24 12:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi All, Here's a new little song called APRIL SHOWERS. I’m getting ready To say goodbye to snow I’m getting ready I thought you ought to know The sun is shining A little more today It’s getting close If only you would stay Gone are the shadows Across the bedroom door Gone are the footsteps Bare feet on the floor Gone are the nights The minutes and the hours So gone baby gone So gone baby gone Gone like April showers I’m opening windows To let the breeze come in I’m opening windows I need to dream again The time is coming A journey day by day It’s an open road If you must drive away Gone are the shadows Across the bedroom door Gone are the footsteps Bare feet on the floor Gone are the nights The minutes and the hours So gone baby gone So gone baby gone Gone like April showers So gone baby gone Gone baby gone Gone like April showers Gone are the shadows Across the bedroom door Gone are the footsteps Bare feet on the floor Gone are the nights The minutes and the hours So gone baby gone So gone baby gone Gone like April showers BIAB Tracks: 3786: Bass, Synth, MinimalHipHopHeld 095 3784: Synth, Rhythm, GhostPads 095 3785: Synth, Background, HipHopDistVoice 095 RealDrums: ElecHipHop As always - thanks for listening! Bob
Replies 26 Views 812 Read More
Everything You Do Is Wrong BabuMusic 04/07/24 12:53 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Everything You Do Is Wrong on Soundcloud Everything You Do Is Wrong on YouTube A song about the life of someone who was always told he wouldn't amount to anything. And he believed them. Key=Am , Tempo 83, Length (m:s)=3:39 Style is _EZ_BLUZ.STY (Slow Blues Rock w/ Electric Guit) RealTracks in song: 2906:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm BluesyPopMike Ev 100 RealTracks in style: 573:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues BB Ev 085 Loop in Song: Percussion Loops\Loop132bpm Tambourine Quarters 4 bars.wma Loop in Song: Percussion Loops\LoopNAbpm Tambourine Shake.wma RealTracks in song: 2677:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm BluesStraightBrent Ev 085 RealDrums in style:NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride Dave Bell (Blue Attitude) played guitar, and I played bass and sang. Everything You Do Is Wrong D'ya ever wake up in the morning and find yourself all alone? You start you new job in an hour, but see your front tire is blown. You wait at the curb for forever until another bus comes along. You're still so far from town when the bus starts break down. Seems everything you do is wrong. You hitch a ride from a weido who lets his ferret tag along. He takes a wrong turn. How long till you learn everything you do is wrong. Can't you see the ever-constant theme? It seems to be your unique brand. When your feet land softly on the ground you landed in quicksand. On the right you see the river and you know what should be done. You climb the bridge and look over your shoulder, preparing for the fall to come. A garbage barge is heading up the river, and soon it will be under you headlong. You raise your hands and cry thinking soon you're gonna die, but everything you do is wrong. INTRO-- Am Dm F-G Am-E V-- Am Dm Am E Am Dm Am-E Am-E Interlude-- Am E7 BR-- Dm Dm C C F F E7 E7...
Replies 25 Views 487 Read More
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi Janice & Bud 04/07/24 12:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Ray. Interesting tune - Ron mentioned "gliding", and I'm too lazy to figure out it's something chromatic or just sliding around with her voice. But it's very ear catching, which is good. Nothing useful to suggest other: this doesn't sound like anything else, which is also good. smile
Originally Posted by Derochette
Hi RayC and the Team, Splendid composition. I like listening to Janice sing in a different style. It's very airy and pleasant. The video is well produced and fits perfectly into the composition. Well done. I appreciated. Jani
Thanks for mentioning my vocal! And thanks to Ray for asking me to participate. Janice
Replies 44 Views 1,035 Read More
Re: Sophia Loves V3 DC Ron 04/07/24 12:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chay, love what you've done with the arrangement and your theme to make this an ear catching "long" piece. Don't think it took too long for the piano to kick things off at all. The guitar solo pyrotechnics work surprisingly well (to me) despite not being as laid back as the rest of the track. So...like this a lot!
Re: World Fusion DC Ron 04/07/24 12:04 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mike, this really does sound great! Looking forward to the credits. The percussive instrument that sounds like a deeply pitched water drop is cool. Nice experiment, I need to do this more.
Replies 6 Views 129 Read More
Re: What do you do with your life ? (with Sheena and Kevin) DC Ron 04/07/24 11:57 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, lovely tune! Your backing track is very open and airy, and makes a nice space for the duet. I like your choices for the vocalists, and they do sound very nice together. Some of the lines sound a little stiff and robotic, but I think David has provided input on why that is. But that doesn't detract from...this is a really nice song!
Replies 8 Views 159 Read More
A Working BBPlugin (EZBBvst) musocity 04/07/24 10:34 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Current way the Plugin works: [Linked Image] How the Plugin needs to works, self-contained crossplatform Plugin/Plugin Standalone: [Linked Image]
Replies 0 Views 69 Read More
Re: The developer not sitting on the fence anymore. musocity 04/07/24 10:28 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Current way the Plugin works: [Linked Image] How the Plugin needs to works, self-contained crossplatform Plugin/Plugin Standalone: [Linked Image]
Replies 28 Views 1,032 Read More
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi PeterF 04/07/24 10:10 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ray Nicely done. Quite an interesting song, well produced and written. Janice as always sounds great and elevates any production. A song that gets better with each play. Peter
Replies 44 Views 1,035 Read More
Re: Temperature Rising DC Ron 04/07/24 09:31 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario, great job! Think I've caught a fever now... Like your open arrangement and the breath controller sounds really nice, again. All the BiaB instruments sound extra fine, and the bass really shines, of course. Another nice one!
Replies 29 Views 912 Read More
Re: The False Prophet DC Ron 04/07/24 09:24 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ezekiel, timely write, powerful performance! Your big vocals sounds great, and the harmonic progression has a cool edge of foreboding and discomfort. Just a great job all the way around. Spent a lot of time in the DC area interfacing with the political elements, so I'm tempted to say "it is what it is". But that would be wrong: It's something I've never seen before...
Replies 34 Views 608 Read More
Re: My Spirit Original Tune DC Ron 04/07/24 09:12 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Donnie, great sounding song! Love your vocals and stylish lead guitar. Time marches on, we can only keep up as long as we can. Great job on this one!
Replies 5 Views 127 Read More
Re: Let's Get Drunk For Joy DC Ron 04/07/24 09:07 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Janne, happy song for sure! Nice, open arrangement, and those vocalists sound great. Great use of microchords, I need to give those another look. THANKS for posting!
Replies 26 Views 440 Read More
Re: Where to find a list of file based songs for BIAB? Gordon Scott 04/07/24 08:57 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Anything with a melody is potentially a copyright infringement, so that may explain some disappearing. bhs.minor9.com seems to be back. midkar.com has quite a few. Our own "Notes" Norton http://www.nortonmusic.com/ does excellent fake book tracks, no melody or lyrics. There are notes under Support about copyright.
Replies 3 Views 142 Read More
Sophia Loves V3 WaoBand 04/07/24 05:57 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You have to be in the zone for this one. Plus don't listen on too low a volume. From the YouTube blurb: Like "Aurora V1: Night Turns Into Gold", my last post, this instrumental was composed in April 2023, but not finally edited until June or later, and like the latter track I didn't upload it earlier as I was hoping for a different kind of video for it, an idea now abandoned. Though a lot simpler in construct than "Quan Yin", this instrumental is just my favourite to date as when I listen to it at the end of a 1 hour playlist I'm totally in the zone for the flow of it. At 7:30 in length it won't be everyone's nightcap and I expect that on one music forum I'll be told it takes too long to get started [!], but for me the relaxing flow of the rhythm section starts at the start and it slowly builds as piano joins in and then later long tenor sax and finally electric guitar solos complete it. Drums: Country Rock Guitar Solo, Pop Ba ~ Brian Fullen Bass: ditto ~Tobin Frank Organ: ditto ~ Gene Rabbai Rhythm Guitar: ditto ~ Darin Favorite Piano: Solo Acoustic Piano Ballad ~ John Jarvis Tenor Sax Solo: Slow Country Pop w/ Tenor Solo ~ Mark Douthit Guitar Solo: Modern Groove Soloist, Brit Rock ~ Dave Clevland 192 bars; 4/4; G; tempo 105; time 7:30
Re: She Can't Drive A Stick Shift WaoBand 04/07/24 05:49 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great fun song and brilliant lyrics! Though I'd go for the love over my transmission, particularly if other parts of my car got smashed as well! laugh
Replies 10 Views 220 Read More
Re: When I Met You WaoBand 04/07/24 05:43 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great instrumentation re the rhythm section in this song..
Replies 9 Views 164 Read More
Page 42 of 122 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 121 122
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,588
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193