Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: My Spirit Original Tune WaoBand 04/07/24 05:06 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Relaxed, gentle, lovely song, Donny. I relate as I just turned 73 and look forward to going Home myself!
Replies 5 Views 127 Read More
Where to find a list of file based songs for BIAB? Raquel Cruz 04/07/24 03:31 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I know this thread has been made before but the links in the replies were no longer active.I use to go here https://www.bensax.nl/biab/index.html - but the site is no longer active. I also use https://bhs.minor9.com/biab/jazz/I/ and https://tamos.net/~bemo/horn-arrangements/books%20and%20hot%20charts/%20Download%20BIAB%20songs%20finale%20files/ but still they are missing a lot of content. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance -Raquel
Replies 3 Views 142 Read More
My Spirit Original Tune DonnyGee 04/07/24 03:22 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
My Spirit Original So, I decided to give myself and my friend a happy birthday memory in the form of an old tune brought new again. I wrote this decades ago, so it has many a good memory, I just never got around to recording it in the original genre. Yea, I just recorded it in another genre, go figure. Now, those days are gone, and I am the only one left that can still play, so I recorded myself using an acoustic guitar fingerpicking like the old days, playing with BIAB Hank (who plays a lot like my buddy Archie), I sing and play the lead guitar parts, so I cannot add this to my busking sets. Thanks for listening and please comment. ****** Song Summary ************* Title: My Spirit Original File:My Spirit original.SGU Key=C#m, Tempo 95, Length (m:s)=2:11 No intro. 16 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 16. Repeat x3 choruses No Melody No Soloist track. Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0, Style is _CSWNGB2.STY (Country Ballad w/ Acoustic Finge) RealTracks in style: ~532:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 085 RealTracks in style: ~527:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 085 RealDrums in Song:118Pop22223^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride *******************
Replies 5 Views 127 Read More
Re: Any Old Codgers Looking for Good Collaborators? musocity 04/07/24 03:06 AM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't know if there are any Old Codgers here in the forum, I thought most users are in their 20-30's ?
Replies 10 Views 343 Read More
Re: EZKeys 2.05 Update is available DrDan 04/07/24 01:31 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by AudioTrack
I'm guessing that the good doctor must have just about every musical add-on ever created grin
No where near, but I do have a good collection of the essentials. grin [Linked Image]
Replies 3 Views 94 Read More
Re: EZKeys 2.05 Update is available AudioTrack 04/07/24 01:05 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'm guessing that the good doctor must have just about every musical add-on ever created grin
EZKeys 2.05 Update is available DrDan 04/07/24 12:43 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You know what to do.
Re: LIST OF USB AUDIO INTERFACES THAT ARE "MULTICLIENT ASIO" justanoldmuso 04/07/24 12:01 AM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Tascam interfaces. (to anyone new to music production tascam products have had a large impact on the creator market for many years. notice Bass Thumper's satisfaction re his interface upthread. I have also been a user of various tascam products at various times.) note..due to the extensive range of tascam products i would simply suggest the reader visit tascams web site…. https://tascam.com/us interfaces at various price points… https://tascam.com/us/category/audio_interface see the net and you tube for reviews of the interface that tickles your fancy as well as videos. happiness. om
Replies 30 Views 3,025 Read More
Re: LIST OF USB AUDIO INTERFACES THAT ARE "MULTICLIENT ASIO" justanoldmuso 04/06/24 11:11 PM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
More interfaces. (IF YOU WANT MULTICLIENT CHECK WITH MANUFACTURER) Note….if your looking to buy a new pc or use an existing pc for music production you might find these tips informative before going ahead and possibly getting problems… https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=795663#Post795663 ……………………………………………………………… 1..ART INTERFACES. https://artproaudio.com/product/usb-ii/ and https://artproaudio.com/product/usb-iv/ notice their mention of the use of transformers. art also has usb mixers and other products that might tickle your fancy....see their web site 2..ARTURIA INTERFACES. https://www.arturia.com/products?categories=audio one review of many…on their inexpensive fuse interfaces. (see website for further interesting interfaces in the range.)
(notice the wrap up comments…eg headphone power.).. see the arturia web site for more interfaces and products that might tickle your fancy. happiness om
Replies 30 Views 3,025 Read More
Re: Black & Blue NigelSpiers 04/06/24 10:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Jani, Thanks for your comments. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 31 Views 1,013 Read More
Re: Please help with this simple User survey musocity 04/06/24 10:35 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Maybe do a survey down the local shopping mall or out on the street, there maybe more users there ? I think because of the many issue most users don't bother with it if you can simply drag the tracks from the main Biab app into your DAW. I have been trying very hard to get it made into an all in one, instant generate, play direct EZBBvst but it's very slow as it still relies on the old BBW4 running in the background that takes ages to get programmed for the JUCE vst. THIS IS THE MAIN ISSUE WITH THE PLUGIN am I wrong ? EZDrummer was released and just worked from the get go. EZD just has a single app.exe standalone or a vst.dll that accesses the Midi Drums library on the hard drive.
Replies 15 Views 401 Read More
Re: The False Prophet dcuny 04/06/24 10:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Scott. Well, that's a classic sound I've not heard in a while! There was a bit of unexpected dissonance in the chorus, but given the subject matter, that makes sense. Love the harmonies. Since you used "obeisance", I had to look it up... and it's a noun. So I get to go all Grammar Police on you for that. laugh Fun listen!
Replies 34 Views 607 Read More
Re: Let's Get Drunk For Joy dcuny 04/06/24 09:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Janne. As advertised, this is a happy song! smile Nice and upbeat, vocals sound great. I can tell you from experience I've managed to ruin more than a few songs by trying to be clever with too many complicated chords.
Replies 26 Views 440 Read More
Re: The False Prophet David Snyder 04/06/24 09:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'm not the sharpest tack in the shed but something tells me that this is either about one of our former presidents or perhaps even our current president. But I don't know because I've only got 10 fingers on my two hands and I need more than that to try and count through all of them and figure it out. Or maybe you're talking about every single politician in Washington DC except for maybe three people?? Good song though, whoever it is about! smile I hope they catch the guilty party!! I also hope we don't get duped and pick the obvious one cause that's always Satan's biggest trick. You got to be careful with that Satan, and the Antichrist, too. They're not usually the one in the red suit or sporting the orange hair. They're not always who you think. In fact they're usually the last person you would guess.
Re: Temperature Rising David Snyder 04/06/24 09:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice!! Very experimental!! smile
Replies 29 Views 912 Read More
Re: Temperature Rising rsdean 04/06/24 09:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mario, You always write the most interesting pieces of music. I love the flute & bass in this one. An excellent mix tops it off. Great stuff! Bob
Re: Please help with this simple User survey AudioTrack 04/06/24 07:22 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
What I found was that out of 9 responses, 4 people use it, 5 don't use the VST at all (more than half), and only one gave it a definite 'Works Fine'.
Re: How Brass Instruments work AudioTrack 04/06/24 07:12 PM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for those links, Jim. David Bennett definitely puts a lot of research into his material.
Replies 2 Views 69 Read More
Re: Any Old Codgers Looking for Good Collaborators? King Conga 04/06/24 06:50 PM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey DCuny. I was really just using this post to kind of make a general intro, and future invitation. As the old joke goes, "I play BOTH kinds of music. Country AND Western." I have a pretty large swath of influences. But as my original post said, I usually just need a good guitarist, and/or kybds. If you let me know what you're good at I'll keep you in mind. Thanks, KC
Replies 10 Views 343 Read More
Re: Please help with this simple User survey Charlie Fogle 04/06/24 06:42 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
Survey is officially Closed. The findings, combined with some private messages, support the initial hypothesis. But, I will let you drawn your own conclusions.
What is the initial hypothesis? It's not stated anywhere in the thread.
Re: Temperature Rising jannesan 04/06/24 06:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'm not an old timer so I have no idea of your idea. But somehow this reminded me of Henry Mancini type of jazz. Cool mood even when temperature is rising. The bass and snaps create mystery, the organ brings nice 60's feel and the alto flute adds excitement for the strange thing that is approaching. Clever stops, feels like that thing is stopping and checking that all entrances are clear. Janne
The False Prophet Ezekiel's Storm 04/06/24 06:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The False Prophet I had most of this song recorded a couple of weeks ago, but then I got ill. Consequently, I had no head voice to record the harmony until yesterday. We have had megalomaniacs, past and present, who attract masses that follow them with messianic devotion. You can take you pick for whomever you want the song to be about. The Wrecking Crew 865 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopRockWaltz 856 Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm RockW 860 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm HardRockWaltzSustainA-B 1189 Bass, Electric, HardRockWaltz 3193 Guitar, Electric, Soloist WaltzMellowBrent NI Electric Sunburst Deluxe NI Strummed Acoustic 2 Drums on Demand Vocals: Nectar 4 Mastering: Ozone 11 DAW: Studio One 6 Lyrics I’ve been stirring the waters into wine Send your leather-bound scriptures for me to sign Close your eyes and your ears and march into line I’ll do what I want to do I’ll say what I want to say It doesn’t matter to me As long as I have my way I always need to have my way Bend the knee and glorify my name Take the leap. I’ll give you power and fame Follow me and I’ll leave you all of the blame I’ll do what I want to do I’ll say what I want to say It doesn’t matter to me As long as I have my way I always need to have my way Kiss the ring in obeisance While I stoke anger and fear All the truth has been forsaken The skies bleed with the angels’ tears
Re: What do you do with your life ? (with Sheena and Kevin) Chris37 04/06/24 06:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks David for your comment and advices. I would like to know for the two syllabes words, have I to change the length or the volume of notes?
Replies 8 Views 159 Read More
Let's Get Drunk For Joy jannesan 04/06/24 06:08 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Let's Get Drunk For Joy After several dark and depressing songs from me, I think you deserve something more cheerful. But those expecting complex chord changes will be disappointed, because this has only 3 chords laugh I participated in a 3 chord song contest on a local forum with the original version of this song. It got positive reactions, so I decided to make an English version using the softest Synth V vocalist I have, namely Saros and Weina, Saros really sounds soothing on those lower notes. To make those chords sound more interesting, I used quite a lot of microchords with rapid changes between them. And, of course, those three chords are not the simplest ones: A7sus, DMaj7, Gm6/Bb smile And based on my experience, the message of the song is quite simple: drinking alone is depressing, drinking with someone doubles the joy. RealDrums: DanceHallClassicWes PopPepSquad^03-a:Quiet hihat, digital snare, b:Cheers, Quiet hihat Loop: Pop-Soul-RnB\Pop - pop_ballad_Drums_108_b ev16.wav RealTracks: 683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120 4006:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModPopSoulRiffs Ev16 130 3703:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking 90sAcRockSlowGroove Ev 090 3718:Guitar, Baritone Acoustic, Rhythm Americana8ths Ev 120 3197:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopBalladMellowBrent Ev 130 1744:Synth, Rhythm ModernDancePopRaveDrops Ev 120 2581:Synth, Rhythm PopBell8ths Ev 120 Vocals: Synthesizer V Saros & Weina Mixed in Cakewalk by BandLab (Ozone 11, Neoverb, Nectar 4, Neutron 4) Lyrics: We must undergo the pain fight it hard but never numb lips and knuckles can swell up the kiss of death shall never come. Grieving has to shake us up to remove all stubborn smut so that we could pristinely feel zest in our guts. I don't drink alone I don't sink for sadness I toast just for joy in your presence and gladness for love and beauty in lust for life. We must double our joy not let this bliss be watered down happy hearts may effervesce they bubble free and can't be drowned. Raise the glasses to wake up chemistry in every sense freeing the plague of luxury contagious and intense. I don't drink alone... Let's get drunk together off flavors of wines off the aura in eyes that shine. Let's taste the aromas of the succulent sweeties on our trips to nightly treats. I don't drink alone... ------------------------------ Janne
Replies 26 Views 440 Read More
Re: What do you do with your life ? (with Sheena and Kevin) dcuny 04/06/24 05:58 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Christian. You can't go wrong with a waltz - very nice! The change from quarter notes to eighth notes gave the song a nice lift in the middle. Everything sounds fine when you've got single syllable words, but for me, when it comes to words with two syllables ("question", "little", "prefer", etc.) giving both syllables the same quarter note duration breaks the illusion that there's a real singer. Anyway, nice work! smile
Replies 8 Views 159 Read More
Page 43 of 122 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 121 122
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,577
Posts734,581
Members38,497
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai, Tony1234, trustedmedications, MAJORKEY
38,496 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193