Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Ghost Of Love rsdean 03/14/24 06:31 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks very much. Bob
Replies 38 Views 937 Read More
Re: Tattooed floyd jane 03/14/24 06:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Floyd, Absolutely beautiful song... The singing is so tender and heartfelt. A stunning mix and I love the way you use the sax. Wonderful pictures - you both look great. Bob
Very much appreciated, Bob....
Replies 40 Views 1,201 Read More
One Way Ticket, Live busking track DonnyGee 03/14/24 06:25 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
One Way Ticket This is an old song, new recording and mix. I added it into the set that I am busking for the next 8 days. Thanks for listening and please comment. ****** Song Summary ************* Title: One Way Ticket File:One Way Ticket.SGU Key=G , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=2:52 8 bar intro, 20 bar chorus, from bar 9 to bar 28. Repeat x3 choruses Style is _DONG001.STY (Endue Folky R&B Groove) RealTracks in style: 3122:Bass, Acoustic, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120 RealTracks in style: 3336:Piano, Electric, Rhythm LoungeFunkJeff Ev16 080 RealTracks in style: 4195:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterRnBGroove Ev16 080 RealTracks in style: 1840:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveMellow Ev16 075 RealTracks in style: 2616:Guitar, Electric, Background FunkSingleNoteWah Ev16 100 RealDrums in style:NashvilleBrushesBalladPushEv16: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes *******************
Replies 10 Views 212 Read More
Re: Can you recognize this track? Tobin - PG Music Inc. 03/14/24 05:56 PM Forum: Styles and RealTracks Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi estelag, The song in that youtube example is a basic slow jazz ballad, 62 or 63bpm. The style "_SLOWBAL Slow Jazz Ballad w/ Piano & Bass" (and the RealTracks & RealDrums that make it up) would be perfect for that, and that style IS part of the Pro version of Band-in-a-Box. http://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allstyledemos2/_SLOWBAL.m4a
Replies 3 Views 123 Read More
Re: Bad Dreams Bad Luck tommyad 03/14/24 05:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Has a bit of a slow ZZ-Top minus the organs vibe ... love that. And I LOVE your guitar noodling, great tone and loads of character. This is really, really good [Linked Image]
BDT, thanks for the great review.
Replies 43 Views 1,016 Read More
Re: LOVE WITHOUT PAROLE: David Snyder David Snyder 03/14/24 04:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Alan. Well as John Mayer says, "Guitar is easy. Vocals are a ........." smile Glad you liked it.
Replies 41 Views 1,172 Read More
Re: Got Too Close Tonight MarioD 03/14/24 03:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
When you three get together I know I'm in for a great song. Super vocal and lyrics with the perfect backing band all mixed to perfection. Outstanding pop song.
Replies 38 Views 726 Read More
Re: Any Other Day - Remix MarioD 03/14/24 03:50 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Alan, this is so good it is scary! Loved that piano and trumpet. The backing tracks are spot on. Great use of those RTs.
Replies 29 Views 496 Read More
Re: Any Other Day - Remix Al-David 03/14/24 03:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
You are gifted in many styles, Alan. That trumpet sounds so good, and you give it the perfect bed to lay down such a good solo. Nice feel, and the strings are a nice touch to add dimension. Man, you know a lot of great players. Thatr piano is super. Do you spend a lot of time fashioning those solos. They're so good. Cool trill ending.
HI Marty, Thanks for the listen and the really nice comments. My answers to most questions about my music are relatively basic/kinda simple, as that's how I approach music. I try not to overthink. If something sounds good to my ears, then I consider as good. I don't let numbers, such as hz/frequency measurements lead me. I let my ears lead me. Then I take note of those settings, numbers, etc., so I can pass them on if anyone is interested. As far as how long it took me to settle on a particular iteration of the piano and trumpet, I did four regenerations of each. I kept the very first iteration of the piano and the second iteration of the trumpet. I did very little shaping as the indigenous tracks sounded fine to me. I kept the piano bright because the trumpet is bright. I decide on each song when I have a left and right track that either plays some variation of a call and response or one lead track follows the other, if I want opposing sounds or similar sounds (tone-wise). In this case, I kept the timbre similar - bright. Softening other of those tracks would have left an imbalanced sound and lose some of the drive. I have no "secret" for making that decision - just what my ears tell me. I'm not a perfectionist. If my music had a reasonable chance of ending up in film or on the air, perhaps I would reconsider that to some degree, but probably not a lot. It's the same as my guitar playing - if I play a song 15 times and it gets no better, I've probably done the best I'm capable of doing. And I'm good with that. The original production of this song took about three hours. The remix took less than half an hour. I hope that ramble gives you a bit of an idea to my approach to putting a song together. Take care, my friend. Alan
Replies 29 Views 496 Read More
Re: Hold My Beer MarioD 03/14/24 03:42 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
"all great adventures start with hold my beer" Great line. Great Fun. fj
Thanx so much Floyd.
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Mario, just like Marty, you make songs at a very fast pace. Awesome! And just like him, you make songs about booze. And now you start singing just like him! Time for a duet? Very nice yo hear you singing again, Mario. Too bad I don't like beer. But the good thing about that is, your beer will be save with me ;-) Don't ask this with wine! Hans
Hans, comparing me with Marty is an honor, but I don't know how Marty feels about it grin Back in my gigging days I did sing a lot of harmony, but that was a long time ago. Thanx for listening and commenting.
Replies 25 Views 504 Read More
Re: Hold My Beer MarioD 03/14/24 03:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by tommyad
Mario, I’ve said this before. You should definitely sing more. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your vocals. The lyrics are fun and I look forward to more of them. I’ve been told many times that I couldn’t sing. It took me many years to realize I don’t give a ####! The older you get the easier it rolls off your back. Great job, Tom
Thanx Tommy. I did to sing a few songs back in my gigging days but I got away from it. I'm slowly getting back into it however I do have a problem with lyrics. They just don't come easily to me.
Re: Hold My Beer MarioD 03/14/24 03:33 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Great idea for a song, Mario. I've heard this saying so many times, and you're right, it usually precedes a memorable event --that is if ya lve through it. Your vocal is a stronger part than you seem to realize. I think it should be more out in front and wider. Do you duplicate the track?
Thanx Marty. I did duplicate the track via software.
Re: Hold My Beer MarioD 03/14/24 03:31 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Al-David
Mario, Good to hear ya sing89ng one. I don't think the vocal needs anything - it's fine as is. Good selection of backing tracks. That bass line is great! I'm just bopping along with the song - enjoying every bit of it! Cool song. Hope the beer was cold! Take care, Alan
Thanx Alan. The bass line is straight from BiaB.
Re: Hold My Beer MarioD 03/14/24 03:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by jannesan
This is pure fun, nice to hear after your darker and slower ones smile I can imagine how you got the idea for this song, you said "Hold my beer" and started playing smile Very cinematic story, I would like to see a video, because it would be easy to make, although quite costy because of all the beer and damage caused to the vehicles wink Catchy chorus, I can't get it out of my head now. No problem with your singing, fits perfectly to the mood. That guitar solo is cleverly in harmony with the message. Janne
Thanx Janne for this great review. Yes a video would be funny. A group called Da Yoopers do a lot of songs like this: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=da+youppers PS - "I can imagine how you got the idea for this song, you said "Hold my beer" and started playing", are you spying one me shocked
Re: Something wrong, kind of Blues Birchwood 03/14/24 03:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Nigel, Ron and Alan, Thanks for listening and commenting on the song. Appreciate that.
Originally Posted by NigelSpiers
Hi Hans, Very enjoyable - good song and lyrics and well sung. Can't think of much I would change - maybe: 1. Touch less reverb on your voice. 2. I was looking for a soaring guitar solo rather than a fiddle. Just minor suggestions. Excellent work. Best Regards Nigel
Hello Nigel, thanks for the compliments and your suggestions. In my post I've invited you all to tell me what I can do better (or not) and you did. That's good! But I will explain to you why your suggestions didn't make me alter the song ;-) 1. The reverb. You are right. I used more reverb on the vocals than I would do normally. But because I used that 'concert' audio (with all their reverb in it) in the song, and made it looks like a concert, my vocals needed more reverb too. Otherwise both things don't match (for me). 2. I love violins and cello's. In my former song I had a 'chopping' cello. A friend of me said some days ago he not only doesn't like violins, he hates them. I told him that is because of our cultural difference. Now he hates me too. You don't sound like him, but you obvious prefer guitars more than violins. Well, take a look at the video and you understand why to love violins... No, seriously, I often use guitars for solo's but this violin was great in this song. So I think it's no more than a matter of taste. But keep coming with suggestions on my songs. I -sometimes- follow them...
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Hans, wow, super song! Love the BIG sonic landscape and your instrument choices. REALLY love your vocals and the vocal FX chain(s) you are using suits the song and your voice perfectly. Nicely written and arranged, too. Superb job!
Hi Ron, I just wrote a comment on your song 'Got to close tonight' with it's great chorus. Thanks for your compliments. I had a cold and you could still hear that in my voice. Maybe you love them more then my 'normal' vocals? We'll see about that when I have a new song...
Originally Posted by Al-David
Hans, Great ballad! You aced this! Vocal sounds great - and the backing tracks are perfect. You've created a great song and performance! Take care, Alan
Alan, thanks a lot for this nice comment. I just wrote you a comment on your Trumpet song. Great one, by the way. Your song is something completely different from mine and I'm always amazed why a Jazz orientated musician can love these ballads too. But of course you can counter this by asking me the same thing in reverse. And I have no answer to that. Maybe I just love good songs...? Gentlemen, have a very nice day! Hans
Replies 27 Views 780 Read More
Re: Hold My Beer MarioD 03/14/24 03:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
A bunch of buddies on a mountain weekend getaway and well-supplied with liquid refreshments. Brings back memories from highschool smile This was fun, good job.
Thanx Steve. For me it brought back memories of last year grin
Re: Hold My Beer MarioD 03/14/24 03:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Mario, sounds like you were almost having as much fun recording this as I was having listening! Super barrel house tune. Your RTs(!) sound great and are nicely mixed. I think your vocals are quite strong and entirely suitable to the genre. If you're looking for constructive suggestions on the vocal FX, my impression is that the FX mask the clarity of your vocals more than they might. So you might try dialing your vocal FX chain back, substituting a slap-back delay, or experimenting with a longer pre-delay on your reverb. But as I've said before, I won't enjoy this song more if you do that. Ha! Nice one, Mario!
Thanx Ron for both listening and those constructive comments. That is how I learn! PS - no beer was spilled during this song grin
Re: Hold My Beer MarioD 03/14/24 03:18 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by David Snyder
It's fun Mario. You sure are cranking them out!! smile
Thanx David. PS - are you calling me cranky whistle
Re: Unseen Sadness MarioD 03/14/24 03:15 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Mario, Moody and Immersive. Someone should be using your music as movie backgrounds. Solid mix. fj
Thanx Floyd. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
Replies 20 Views 402 Read More
Re: Unseen Sadness MarioD 03/14/24 03:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Mario This has a big beautiful cinematic feel and sound! Your description is on point! Man you are great at doing these! Thanks, TB
Thanx so much Torrey for this great review. I do like instrumentals. quote=Al-David]Hi mario, A massive sound that permeates every bit of the soundstage. Powerful, A super mix and great selection of tracks. You always deliver the goods! Take care, Alan[/quote] Thanx Alan. I appreciate your kind words.
Re: Unseen Sadness MarioD 03/14/24 03:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by jannesan
This is pure sadness. Although I don't hear voices, I can relate to the mood. You can describe the message even without any words, just cool chords to sound like the master of darkness. I can sink into this ambient world and see strange things around me. Not many instruments, but still has very lush soundscape. I enjoyed my trip to this unseen, I hope to return one day... Janne
Thanx so much. I'm glad that you liked it and got the concept.
Re: Title: バレバレ(Translation: I’d just failed to hide my feeling) with two different female jazz vocals MarioD 03/14/24 03:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Shigeki, Both versions are fantastic. I liked the live version for its warm instrumentation. I liked the BiaB version because I like jazz swing music. A great job on both versions.
Replies 36 Views 609 Read More
Re: The Hectic Life of Orla Swoon MarioD 03/14/24 03:00 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chay, an interesting choice of instruments. I have no idea how you managed to mix them so well! It may be your least favorite but it is a favorite of mine. Keep up the great work.
Replies 23 Views 395 Read More
Re: Got Too Close Tonight Birchwood 03/14/24 02:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ron and co-workers, Very nice popsong with a catchy chorus! Nice to see how all your songs have a 'delicious' chorus that invites to sing along. I liked a lot what I heard. Great work, Hans
Replies 38 Views 726 Read More
Re: LIST OF USB AUDIO INTERFACES THAT ARE "MULTICLIENT ASIO" justanoldmuso 03/14/24 02:52 PM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
UPDATE FOR LOW GAIN MIC PRE's IN INTERFACES. (MARCH 2024) i mentioned before how to solve the issue of some sound interfaces not having enough gain in their mic pre's for low output dynamic mics. (i.e. use an in line booster product between the mic and the interface.) but i notice now a trend to actually build the boosters into the dynamic mics themselves. Here's some budget ones to consider. (see you tube for reviews). ..sterling audio p30. about 80 bucks. ..se electronics dynacaster dcm 6. about 200 bucks ? And I believe Logitech has one ? and of course there is now a version for the sm7b. I heard the p30 on a singer. sounded nice to me. and the dynacaster sounded good too. but do your analysis. didnt have time to hear sm7b or logitech. i heard one of the above either p30 or dcm (forgotten where on you tube) put up against a very expensive mic costing over 3 g's . sounded good to me but do your evaluation. if anyone knows more mics with built in boosters please post back. another option for low output mics to interfaces is to firstly plug the mic into a mic pre. so mic >> mic pre >> interface idea. eg you could use a cheap art tube mp or another mic pre. (NOTE. please dont yammy on me about the 50 buck art being only for bass players…lol. ive used very high end pre's and compared vocals to the art...if you doubt me further just go on gearspace.com and look for a hilarious thread where an audio engineer posts blind tests audio examples of the art viz other mic pres...and then reveals later which examples were art. its an entertaining thread for one of those rainy days…many people got it wrong…lol.) Now go make some great vocals. om
Replies 15 Views 2,313 Read More
Page 62 of 133 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 132 133
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199