Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Couldn't Get It Right by jptjptjpt @ 12/01/21 03:08 PM

Another fine tune. You produce real country music. This is well written and well performed. The band had the right touch. Good one.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived by Jim Fogle @ 12/01/21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: dcunyThis is an exciting update. ... I may actually read the manual this time! The 2022 User Manual has about 200 less pages than the prior user manual. 2022 has about 450 pages. You can download both the 2022 Upgrade and User Manuals +++ HERE +++
Jump to new posts Re: Request for downloadibg strategy by Gordon Scott @ 12/01/21 03:02 PM

Initially I downloaded the individual file packages, then installed them onto my two machines in batches, partly because both machines were tight on disc space and I wanted to select what I'd use from what I probably wouldn't, partly because I wanted a safe copy. I changed discs in both machines and they now have more space. Doing it again now, I would let the download manager do all the downloads and installs, then just copy the whole /bb file tree across to the second machine. It can take s
User Showcase
This is a well written, well produced song. Great vocals and playing by all. The other instruments sound great. Nice mix. Cool song with inspiring message. Bravo!
Jump to new posts Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived by dcuny @ 12/01/21 02:55 PM

This is an exciting update. The prior implementation of multiple tracks initially looked great, but (for me) turned out to be far less useful that I had hoped. And there are a lot of additions here that have been frequently asked for, which I could see using on a regular basis. So this the first update in a while where the feature update is more exciting than the RealTracks. I may actually read the manual this time!
Jump to new posts Re: My 2cents on BIAB 2020 by JohnJohnJohn @ 12/01/21 02:55 PM

Dan, I always respect your opinions and advice so hearing you say this is Really Great News! <reaching for my credit card to upgrade>
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Callin' Your Bluff by jptjptjpt @ 12/01/21 02:52 PM

Good song. It's new to me. Yes, I can hear Leon Redbone doing this. You captured the mood perfectly. Good use of the band.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Sojourn Soldier with Blue Attitude, Dave Bell by jptjptjpt @ 12/01/21 02:46 PM

What a great song. Well done. Lyrics are superb. Music and vocals are outstanding. Everyone plays their parts well, including BIAB. Good video too.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Couldn't Get It Right by NigelSpiers @ 12/01/21 02:42 PM

Wow Floyd, That's a very classy song, great singing and superb production. I enjoyed it start to finish. Thanks Best Regards Nigel
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Couldn't Get It Right by PeterF @ 12/01/21 02:40 PM

floyd Nice melancholy song, pretty backing, and I particularly liked the use of the strings. Excellent vocal as usual that sets the mood perfectly. Lovely songwriting. Peter
User Showcase
Thank you David. Rob4580 Originally Posted By: dcunyWow! This is classic "folk" as it gets! The country fiddle was a surprise, but I love the sound here. Cool ending.
Jump to new posts Re: Request for downloadibg strategy by Jim Fogle @ 12/01/21 02:37 PM

PG Music has a download manager. PG Music creates a unique to you download URL based on your purchase. Copy the URL into the download manager. The download manager will then download and install the files you purchased. The downloaded files are stored at C:\BBDownloads unless you point the Download Manager to a different storage location. I've added a screen shot of the Download Manager screen below. Also, as a first time buyer understand there is a huge jump in included content between th
Jump to new posts Re: My 2cents on BIAB 2020 by malevans @ 12/01/21 02:36 PM

+ 1 for that Dan. It's now becoming something unique and will take some time to use it to it's full potential. I'm actually quite excited this year and eager to get to grips. MAL
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Down In Dixieland (Trad. Jazz) by NigelSpiers @ 12/01/21 02:31 PM

Hi Leon, Thanks for your comments - yes Susan has been a highly regarded singing teacher throughout Australasia for many years. Best Regards Nigel
Jump to new posts My 2cents on BIAB 2022 by MusicStudent @ 12/01/21 02:30 PM

BIAB 2022 – is not your father’s music accompaniment app. PG Music took a giant step forward with this year’s introduction. Much of the forum rank and file were promoting a slowdown in 2022 to emphasize a look back to tighten up the aging code, however, PG Music had a different idea: “If we are going to revisit aging code, why not take this opportunity to concurrently Expand and Enhance the code to show off the full capabilities.” The resulting expansion includes Micro Chords whi
Jump to new posts Request for downloadibg strategy by BackingTrack @ 12/01/21 02:09 PM

Greetings. Will be making my first purchase of BIAB. Will start with 2022 Pro and then likely upgrade to 2022 UltraPak at the awesome sale price. I wish to use the download method. Is there a best practice strategy for downloading? I do want to keep a copy of all the installation files for safety backup on an external HD and also to use those to install on a second computer which PG tells me is OK for non simultaneous use. Is there any special advice on how to proceed with the download? Overni
Jump to new posts Re: Advice please with Annual update of Band In A Box by VintageGibson @ 12/01/21 02:03 PM

MusicLover [/quote] Seems like a good choice, only thing you're missing is the Xpro 2 pak and the Xtra style pak 12 which would give you an extra 300 ready made styles. Good to see another biab fan in this region. [/quote] re. Style Paks, I tend to use a style as a starting point then roll my own, so only buy occasionally. Been using BIAB since the end of the previous millennium, lurked around here for years then joined up when I realised I could get better and faster advice here. Vinta
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts 2022 is a game changer. by jpettit @ 12/01/21 02:02 PM

2022 Upgrade is a game-changer. Many but not all new features are available in the Plugin.
Jump to new posts Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived by Rob Helms @ 12/01/21 01:59 PM

As always with software there will be bugs! Don't worry there will also be digital RAID! this years release if in my feeble opinion game changing and very work flow oriented.
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Re: Add a “sync” button on BB VST by jpettit @ 12/01/21 01:58 PM

The Plugin can match the DAW. The DAW cannot match the plug. This must be done in the DAW.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Acronis Disk Image Alternative by rockstar_not @ 12/01/21 01:57 PM

It was from that thread that moved me from my prior alternative to acronis (EaseUs) to macrium as my acronis alternative. EaseUs used to be free. The last time I tried, it was no longer free. It did perform a way to handle bad sectors and continue an image task while encountering bad sectors. When I started using EaseUs maybe 8 years ago, Acronis could not progress once it encountered a bad sector.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Son by musician17 @ 12/01/21 01:54 PM

Wonderful playing. Could listen to you for hours. The video made me smile. Bravo.
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Some cool ideas from Rick Beato by rockstar_not @ 12/01/21 01:47 PM

Rick Beato is one of the only YouTube channels I have actually supported financially. I enjoy his videos so much. It is the ultimate music appreciation channel and if I took the time to practice the things he has in his instructional videos, I could probably become a much better player than I am and a much better songwriter.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Couldn't Get It Right by musician17 @ 12/01/21 01:47 PM

One of your best. FJ in storytelling mode, once more. The confessional tone of the second verse takes this over the top ... especially those last two lines. How you sing/speak those is just wow. The first two lines of the first verse hook you in straight away. "The difference between wonderin' and knowin' ". Wow. And "a huge chunk of stupid" pulls no punches - the strength of the word "stupid" contrasts perfectly with the otherwise mellow nature of the song ... mak
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: What is your vocal signal chain? by Henry Clarke @ 12/01/21 01:37 PM

My pre-production vocal chain is totally different than my Post-Production vocal chain. For pre-production I just use a vocal chain pre-set that comes with Sonar. It has EQ, Compression, Echo, and Reverb. That just serves to give me comfort when recording the lead vocal. Sometimes I add Autotune as the first effect so I can hear how close I am to being in tune. With the Autotune and the Sonar vocal chain preset I get no latency. Once I have a recording I like I use a different set of effects for
Page 64 of 190 < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 189 190 >
PG Music News
The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows DAW Plugin 4.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin, including a new Chord Settings dialog (with Chord Builder, Chord Theory, and MicroChords tabs), the MicroChords feature (the ability to enter multiple chords per beat, four pages for a total of 32 tracks (8 style tracks, 16 utility tracks, and 8 multi-riff tracks) plus a Style Mix track, the ability to drag MIDI chords and markers to DAW, volume sliders for each track, the ability to save/load chord progression, and much more!

The newest DAW Plugin is included in all Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows purchases - and Upgrades are on sale this month... up to 50% off!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows DAW Plugin 4.0.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

We've made a great tutorial feature for 7 of the 10 major features of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.
(the other 3 drum stems, track settings, and ReMix Vocal Songs will be covered in "Boot Camp, part 2/2" - coming soon!)

Here is Part 1/2: Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

Table of Contents:
All Tracks are Equal 00:50
Playable RealTracks 9:00
MultiRiff 24:35
MicroChords 38:24
Motifs 48:51
Volume Node Automation 51:18

Coming soon in part 2:
Drum stems
Track Settings "One-Stop-Shop"
ReMix Vocal Full Songs
222 new RealTracks
1-Click Downloader/Installer

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

Forum Stats
35219 Members
63 Forums
71789 Topics
625365 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
N67, sjk, ninebelow0, cqd, floridave

35219 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 466
Matt Finley 254