Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
My mistake - sorry, I didn't explain good enough. So I try again :-) Sometimes I do want to playalong with a style that is completely random. But since there is no option yet to let the software pick a style randomly, I have to open the style picker, scroll down manually and stop somewhere for picking a style. But what a person finally picks this way is not really random. It's influenced by selective perception, scrolling habits, unconscious laziness and so on. Therefore I'd find it nice if the
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Make BIAB more useful to contemporary pop songwriters. by justanoldmuso @ 10/10/21 07:15 AM

Charlie. i agree completely with your post. i think what sbmix is possibly missing is modern music is all about useing the right plug in instrument sounds. and samples etc. the other day i was mucking around with some urban and funk styles, ....but then plugging in plug ins with modern sounds in. i keep on suggesting the computer music mag (pipeline i think the download non paper version is 5 buks.) BECAUSE it includes a bunch of free synths like dune and zebra and sample players you can play
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Acoustic guitar squeaks and odd licks by David Snyder @ 10/10/21 06:54 AM

Tony, Ok I will try!! Just for you. But...will it takes more than three seconds?? Because that is when my attention span begins to wane....
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Originally Posted By: MoveToGroovehaha - manually scrolling and manually stopping is not the same than letting the software pick randomly :-) That's what makes me as described ending up mainly at the same styles (might be a mental thing), and takes more clicks. Well, it's just a suggestion for Play along purposes. BIAB does pick for you. Just not Randomly. BIAB has multiple search features. If you want random and you're selecting by 'interesting names' simply don't select any search parame
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohnThanks Mario. But why would I need audio to MIDI software if BIAB gives me the MIDI? I was referring to the fact that some audio doesn't have the MIDI chart. Maybe now all of the audio has said charts; I don't know.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Make BIAB more useful to contemporary pop songwriters. by Charlie Fogle @ 10/10/21 06:39 AM

<< But it does lack a modern feel, even if it replaces MIDI, it is still a bit different from modern music. >> << Because now BIAB lacks electronic sound, there is no lack of guitar. More modern electronic sounds. >> << FYI - there are a number of free synths with 100s with electronic sounds available right now. Take a MIDI track or convert a RT to MIDI and use the VSTi. This may be better for you then a number of RTs. YMMV >> Swingbabymix, you are not usi
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Dream Scene (George Harrison) by Mark Hayes @ 10/10/21 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By: raycIA interprets George's "appropriation". This version is very melodic. Oasis didn't seem all that interested in this sort of Wonderwall. I like it. Excuse me? Who are IA and Oasis?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Hometown Refugee ("performance" vid) by Janice & Bud @ 10/10/21 06:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#Team, Deep. Sad. Emotional. Beautiful! Amazing tune in all respects. Very vivid musical and visual reflection of our rural towns and time we live through. Excellent job of putting this together. One of your best songs this year. Bud, you got an eye for shooting and editing video. You definitely should do more. Thank you for sharing. Misha. We appreciate that very much Misha. Thanks for mentioning shooting and editing. I’ve had a decades long interest in p
Jump to new posts Re: THINKING LIKE A PRODUCER_Part 1 by Charlie Fogle @ 10/10/21 05:32 AM

Just a suggestion regarding the process of thinking like a producer. In another thread, Dan (Musicstudent) inadvertently gave one of the best descriptions of BIAB (The Main Program) I've seen, particularly when it comes to production and arrangement. Musicstudent: "BIAB happens to be 20 years ahead of its time. These new apps approach the similar power and complexity of this class of software. Definitely a class of their own. UNIFY reminds me so much of the complexity of BIAB. Countle
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Route 3 Drag-O-Way by NigelSpiers @ 10/10/21 05:29 AM

Hi TuneMonger, Excellent song and lyrics and well sung, Congratulations. Best Regards Nigel
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Pipeline, there is no reason to be ironic. I have put a lot of time in writing down what in my opinion is helpful for new BiaB users. But I can't put in even more time in learning how to script software.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Set Me Free (Rock & Roll) by NigelSpiers @ 10/10/21 05:16 AM

Hi Floyd, Thanks for all your generous comments and glad you enjoyed the song. Best Regards Nigel
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
haha - manually scrolling and manually stopping is not the same than letting the software pick randomly :-) That's what makes me as described ending up mainly at the same styles (might be a mental thing), and takes more clicks. Well, it's just a sugggestion for Playalong purposes.
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Acoustic guitar squeaks and odd licks by Teunis @ 10/10/21 05:14 AM

The real advantage of using Spectral Editing over a de-esser is you can chop out the offending squeak, pop or whatever without affecting other parts of the signal. It is also possible to knock out very low frequencies if that is what is require. IZotope RX8 will also do this but I’ve found it far easier just to use Reaper’s Spectral Edit as it is just a part of the track editing process. Once you do it a few times it becomes quite simple to go to the Spectral View on a track and actually
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: JAZZ STYLE by swingbabymix @ 10/10/21 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: MoveToGrooveSounds good! If you add a guitar, a saxophone, it will be better. And this rhythm is suitable for RAP and also suitable for singing.
Jump to new posts Re: JAZZ STYLE by MoveToGroove @ 10/10/21 05:08 AM

Sounds good!
Jump to new posts Re: THINKING LIKE A PRODUCER_Part 1 by Marty Ricciotti @ 10/10/21 05:02 AM

I thought I was going to watch football this afternoon. Now I need to check out all these ideas in the garage today! Some many great ideas here. And David...now I see why you like to use RB for arranging. I love these forums
User Showcase
Three cheers for the dedicated songsters who have provided us with such enjoyment over the years !!
Jump to new posts Re: THINKING LIKE A PRODUCER_Part 1 by edshaw @ 10/10/21 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: David Snyder Ed, Ha ha! Come on man! You're smart too! Your generosity touches me deeply, David. On those pre choruses: Hadn't heard of such a thing. I usually just go into the chorus or prep with a repeat of line 4. This set me off on a search topic & I found there is a lot of material to be found on pre chorus. (one of several interesting topics in the lesson) thx.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Originally Posted By: MoveToGroove... Therefore I'd find it nice, if the Dropdown-Menu of the Main Window's Style Picker Button would include an option "Random from all available Styles". You can do that already. Set a list of available styles, scroll up/down through the list and randomly stop at any particular one. I tried it, it works.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
You are in the English forum, there is a German forum that uses German language, you can post your script there. As I said if you want to learn you need to put effort in but if you want to make it sound like a really difficult thing and give up I can't help you. Hopefully PG will have it implemented and released for you next month.
Jump to new posts Re: JAZZ STYLE by swingbabymix @ 10/10/21 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: MoveToGrooveswingbaby, there are a couple of factors that shaped modern pop of these days, in particular: If you want to remember something new, you need a structure in which you can integrate that new thing (synapses). The more different synapses you already have for a specific topic, the easier you can remember new things of that topic. The average listener / the mass has built up a relatively low number of music-related synapses. Therefore the mass needs simple melodie
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Ah, yes you're right, BiaB doesn't exist in all languages, for sure. But Button Names might be renamed by PG, or replaced and so on. Then they'd all have to be updated in such a script. However, this is just one aspect - I listed many other aspects in my last posting, and the list as a whole clearly shows that we would really waste our time here.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
PG has made Biab for beginners since 1990. If you are a beginner learning you have to put effort in. Yes I see the 200 languages for Win & Mac:
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
I often like using styles that I wouldn't choose by myself, e.g. in order to enhance my own musical spectrum or in order to get unconventional results which might be surprisingly good. But when I go to the Style Picker window to pick a Style, I then often take just one of the top listed Styles or a Style that sounds interesting by its name. Therefore I'd find it nice, if the Dropdown-Menu of the Main Window's Style Picker Button would include an option "Random from all available Styles"
Page 65 of 169 < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 168 169 >
PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
34999 Members
66 Forums
71271 Topics
618203 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
grenouille, an_thunder, ged1200, apexel, PROJECT M

34999 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 291